eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Selling on Etsy vs. my own website? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/138298-selling-etsy-vs-my-own-website.html)

natashaiera 08-11-2020 09:00 PM

Selling on Etsy vs. my own website?

I have a TON of resin keychains that I have made that I want to start selling but the issue is I have been banned from Etsy and Etsy stealth seems next to impossible! I really want to start my own website, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea considering that I don’t have any customers yet. I noticed that a lot of people start off on Etsy, then eventually make their own website once they make a certain number of sales. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!

dachilla 08-11-2020 09:36 PM

Re: Selling on Etsy vs. my own website?

Hi, I got once banned on Ebay and never looked back. Starting your own website is always the best (don't go with Shopify as they can ban you as well) try going for woocommerce + siteground... no banning, no documents whatsoever.

The obvious problem with website is traffic. You need to get customers there. You can do so using social media and/or SEO. Or just go with google and facebook ads. But it takes time and effort. However if it works out the reward is going to be great. Also no negative Feedback etc.

On the other hand, an etsy stealth account is not impossible. It's very much possible. And etsy already has the traffic. I use etsy and all the other platforms to draw traffic and returning customers to my own website. For example by adding discount fliers to the parcels.

both have their advantages but the ultimate goal should be to be independence... be your own boss...

Good Luck!

HelpNeeded! 08-12-2020 12:27 AM

Why not do both? You'll see that by building your brand on etsy people will recognize you and go to your own site.

It takes time to get high up in search rankings. I would suggest a 6 month or so SEO campaign and use FB ads and Google Ads to instantly drive traffic.

Duab 08-12-2020 09:14 AM

Do both. You'll test whats working, which products get more views, sales. You'll receive more customer feedback, etc. Also you can export ets customer emails and use them for driving traffic to your own store using some incentives like coupons.

SaiJin 08-12-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natashaiera (Post 1110043)
I have a TON of resin keychains that I have made that I want to start selling but the issue is I have been banned from Etsy and Etsy stealth seems next to impossible! I really want to start my own website, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea considering that I don’t have any customers yet. I noticed that a lot of people start off on Etsy, then eventually make their own website once they make a certain number of sales. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!

I'd still try to get back on Etsy and forward your customers from there to your website.

The great thing about platforms like etsy, ebay etc is that they already have traffic and it's very difficult to drive traffic to a website.