Never Made an Etsy acc and want to get it right. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Never Made an Etsy acc and want to get it right.

Hi everyone,
I've never made an etsy acc before and I can see on the forums that apparently creating another etsy account is a pain. This is why I would like to ask some questions before I make an account as I want to get it right and be more long term. (Please bare in mind I'm still fairly a newbie to ecommerce & stealth but have some decent experience). Also (I don't have access to my normal paypal but I use a stealth acc).

Questions -

1. Can I get away with listing up chinese wholesale products saying they are 'handmade' which I see a lot of sellers doing. Are the sellers that are doing this simply haven't got caught yet, or have they provided fak-e information to Etsy to make them think they make the products?

2. Does my etsy username have to be the same name on my paypal? (I have a stealth paypal)

3. Will Etsy catch me if I first list up products saying they are vintage (not handmade) then if I suddenly change them all to handmade?

4. Can you actually have multiple etsy stores? 4b. Can you have different stores selling only 'handmade' products and different stores selling only 'vintage' products?

5. If I did get banned on etsy and decided to make a stealth account, will I have to buy a new computer or does a new user account work just fine?

6. If my paypal acc gets banned, can I connect a new stealth paypal acc to the Etsy account?

I highly appreciate your answers and any other help you can offer!
I've probably missed out some other important questions but let me know if you think there's other valuable information I should know. I'm in a lucky position to be able to create a legit account and want to get it right.
Thank you guys

Last edited by twicker; 08-14-2020 at 07:24 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2020

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Never Made an Etsy acc and want to get it right.

ETSY starts out as a venue for hand made items,so it does not like to see mass produced Chinese items flooding its site but like you said,there are plenty of them on the site,there is also a retired dealer who has her own site to name those Etsy sellers who list Chinese items on Etsy and claim them to be either handmade or vintage,she would even say this items sold for xx on Aliexpress while the seller listed them for $xxx.
If you do list genuine handmade items,it must be made by you or someone who works for you.
dont know about the other questions,someone may come along and chime in
Old 08-15-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Re: Never Made an Etsy acc and want to get it right.

ok.

When you say there is a retired dealer with own site, do you mean there is someone who will give me the things I need to show Etsy proof of the handmade items? If so, could you please tell me the name of the website?

Many thanks!