Can anyone tell me how Etsy scans listing for copyright? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-26-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Can anyone tell me how Etsy scans listing for copyright?

Hi I am looking to sell some knock offs on Etsy. I notice a lot of people getting away with it. But I also notice a lot are getting taken down is there a little secret to somehow not getting flagged?

i was looking to do sports knock offs but seems very tricky

Anyone have any tips?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2020

Longevity: 29%
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how Etsy scans listing for copyright?

Etsy has a "safe harbor" policy, which means the listings a shop owner creates are assumed NOT to be infringement of any brand's IP. The only "scans" Etsy does with AI code are to find items specifically mentioned as banned from the site.

My blog features many dozens of counterfeit fashion brand items sellers, and explains the techniques these sellers used to avoid issues with Etsy. Because Etsy will absolutely first deactivate items -- and then shut your shop and ban you -- if the legal rep of any brand owner complains about your listings more than once. Almost all of the shops mentioned in my posts are eventually closed. Some within hours, but some are still open after 5 years.

So, it is possible to keep an Etsy shop open and active while selling "knock offs" for literally years. Remember that reselling is allowed on Etsy, so if the brand owner(s) never find out you are selling infringing merchandise -- and can't report what they've never seen -- you are pretty much safe to list as you please.
Old 08-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life During Wartime View Post
Etsy has a "safe harbor" policy, which means the listings a shop owner creates are assumed NOT to be infringement of any brand's IP. The only "scans" Etsy does with AI code are to find items specifically mentioned as banned from the site.

My blog features many dozens of counterfeit fashion brand items sellers, and explains the techniques these sellers used to avoid issues with Etsy. Because Etsy will absolutely first deactivate items -- and then shut your shop and ban you -- if the legal rep of any brand owner complains about your listings more than once. Almost all of the shops mentioned in my posts are eventually closed. Some within hours, but some are still open after 5 years.

So, it is possible to keep an Etsy shop open and active while selling "knock offs" for literally years. Remember that reselling is allowed on Etsy, so if the brand owner(s) never find out you are selling infringing merchandise -- and can't report what they've never seen -- you are pretty much safe to list as you please.
I wouldn't advise talking about how to sell counterfeit merchandise on here. Illegal activity is not the purpose of this forum.
Old 08-29-2020

My blog posts about counterfeit resellers state that selling the items shown is illegal My blog does not encourage anyone to violate the rights of brand owners. The purpose of it is to show shoppers, sellers, and brand owners how Etsy handles deceptive selling practices, including listing counterfeit merchandise.
Old 09-12-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life During Wartime View Post
My blog posts about counterfeit resellers state that selling the items shown is illegal My blog does not encourage anyone to violate the rights of brand owners. The purpose of it is to show shoppers, sellers, and brand owners how Etsy handles deceptive selling practices, including listing counterfeit merchandise.
Where’s your blog?
Old 09-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
I wouldn't advise talking about how to sell counterfeit merchandise on here. Illegal activity is not the purpose of this forum.
cardfelon is right about the illegal activity
Old 09-13-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver1289 View Post
Where’s your blog?
My blog is linked in my profile for this Forum, I think under "contacts". There aren't any instructions for how to sell illegal merchandise in the posts. Sooner or later, all the shops reselling counterfeit items on Etsy get reported by the brand owners, and legally Etsy must remove all the reported items.