eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Buying Et$y account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/139741-buying-et-y-account.html)

firefist 10-27-2020 11:23 AM

Buying Et$y account

Hello,
I brought a et$y account from a guy. This account was linked with my bank account but info in the et$y account is someone else's. I am not sure whether the info is true or just made up. Do you guys think it is safe start selling on this account ?
Any suggestion will be really helpful
Thank you

Bigblackdog 10-27-2020 12:02 PM

Re: Buying Et$y account

You of course looked into all this before you paid for the account didn't you? What did he tell you

Stinq 10-27-2020 06:27 PM

Either way don't use it, he may claim the account back after you accomplish a successful business.. how much did you paid if I may ask?

firefist 10-27-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1121936)
You of course looked into all this before you paid for the account didn't you? What did he tell you

Yeah I asked him many times. He said there will be no problem and many people had left good reviews.

firefist 10-27-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinq (Post 1121973)
Either way don't use it, he may claim the account back after you accomplish a successful business.. how much did you paid if I may ask?

I changed email, password and even store name I guess still it can be claimed back. I have paid 30$

Bigblackdog 10-28-2020 03:49 AM

You have it now so you may as well place a listing and try it

A word of caution - despite what many on here will tell you selling Chinese items from Alibaba will not make a long terrm account

Ideally you need a hand made product - even then Etsy can be hard

rsot 10-28-2020 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefist (Post 1121989)
I changed email, password and even store name I guess still it can be claimed back. I have paid 30$

Best of luck firefist - hopefully you will provide good news update

firefist 10-28-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1122023)

A word of caution - despite what many on here will tell you selling Chinese items from Alibaba will not make a long terrm account

Thanks for the advice
I am selling print on demand items hope that won't be causing any problem

firefist 10-28-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1122030)
Best of luck firefist - hopefully you will provide good news update

Thank you hope it works out

NinaFi 11-14-2020 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefist (Post 1121934)
Hello,
I brought a et$y account from a guy.
Thank you

Can I ask you where you buy it from? I am retying to search anyone here but only Amazon and Ebay selling
Thank you

agent006140 11-14-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblackdog (Post 1122023)

why do you keep telling folks dated information?
Etsy allows vintage and antique items many years ago,when it comes to handmade items,it must be made by you or someone employed by you.
I and many others haev been selling vintage and antique on ETSY since 2005

Bigblackdog 11-14-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1124699)
Etsy allows vintage and antique items many years ago,when it comes to handmade items,it must be made by you or someone employed by you.

Then you will have no problems will you?

I currently run 3 stealth Etsy accounts - my advise is from my experience - feel free to take it or leave it - no fees charged and no guarantees given

Renai 11-14-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefist (Post 1121934)
Hello,
I brought a et$y account from a guy. This account was linked with my bank account but info in the et$y account is someone else's. I am not sure whether the info is true or just made up. Do you guys think it is safe start selling on this account ?
Any suggestion will be really helpful
Thank you

Is account still up? And work well ?

Soulwhisperer8 10-31-2021 01:47 PM

Can you please tell me where I can buy an Etsy stealth

Duab 10-31-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulwhisperer8 (Post 1174522)
Can you please tell me where I can buy an Etsy stealth

Hi mate,

Visit the marketplace section of the forum.

Life During Wartime 11-01-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1124699)

And a seller can fill their shop with listings selling brand new products from Alibaba, and list them as vintage or antique. Vintage can be any age on Etsy (one of the most popular "vintage" items on Etsy this year was a 2021 download file for a calendar), and there is no problem with reselling. Etsy stopped deactivating items or shutting shops simply for reselling in Summer 2015. If a shop that resells items not handmade, vintage, or supplies gets shut down now, it is for another reason. Like infringement, problems with processing transactions, taking payment and not shipping items, etc.

supplies 11-02-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life During Wartime (Post 1174585)
And a seller can fill their shop with listings selling brand new products from Alibaba, and list them as vintage or antique. Vintage can be any age on Etsy (one of the most popular "vintage" items on Etsy this year was a 2021 download file for a calendar), and there is no problem with reselling. Etsy stopped deactivating items or shutting shops simply for reselling in Summer 2015. If a shop that resells items not handmade, vintage, or supplies gets shut down now, it is for another reason. Like infringement, problems with processing transactions, taking payment and not shipping items, etc.

This is nonsense. Its like ebay, yes you can sell whatever you want and break all the rules… until you can’t. If you have a strong account you might get away with more for longer but if you’re new and try that ****, you’re gone. Your competitors prey you do something stupid so they can report you ;)

Life During Wartime 11-03-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supplies (Post 1174761)
This is nonsense. Its like ebay, yes you can sell whatever you want and break all the rules… until you can’t. If you have a strong account you might get away with more for longer but if you’re new and try that ****, you’re gone. Your competitors prey you do something stupid so they can report you ;)

What you say may have been more accurate a decade ago, but it is flat wrong now. And has been since Summer 2015. If your merchandise does not infringe or violate any specific prohibitions in the banned items list, and you have no issues with your customer service, with payment processing, or being too close a competitor to an Etsy seller receiving special services (the Etsy equivalent of a personal banker), you're golden.

I am not saying that Etsy doesn't have rules that they enforce. They do. But the rule against reselling mass manufactured unaltered items as handmade, new items as 20+ year old vintage, and ready to use finished items as supplies is not enforced. Reports of reselling or listing items newer than twenty year old vintage are scanned by AI, not by humans, and discarded. Reports Etsy has shared with the public over the last handful of years about the actions taken by Marketplace Integrity do not offer any stats about handling reseller shops or items. Even though the majority (that's more than half) of shops on Etsy are reselling to some degree. Sellers can list the products from their Multi Level Marketing memberships in their Etsy shops as "handmade", and it's hard to think of more obvious reselling than MLM!

Selling infringing items, ripping off your buyers, and being caught out as deceptive about your identity, are the issues sellers have to avoid to stay open.