eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Quick ssn and ID question! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/141449-quick-ssn-id-question.html)

cglock1 01-15-2021 08:26 PM

Quick ssn and ID question!
 
I’ve finally got my new bank account, address, and computer set up. My suspended Etsy store didn’t have my ID or full ssn (only last 4)
I think my options for the new store are #1 reuse my real last 4 which would mean my name birthday and last 4 match the suspended account. Or #2 I can use a random last 4 and give them my ID when they ask. That would only make my name and birthday duplicate and I’ll have an EIN ready by the time they want full ssn.

Which option is best? Am I missing something? I have one shot at this, any advice is very appreciated.

Duab 01-16-2021 06:24 AM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cglock1 (Post 1136642)
I’ve finally got my new bank account, address, and computer set up. My suspended Etsy store didn’t have my ID or full ssn (only last 4)
I think my options for the new store are #1 reuse my real last 4 which would mean my name birthday and last 4 match the suspended account. Or #2 I can use a random last 4 and give them my ID when they ask. That would only make my name and birthday duplicate and I’ll have an EIN ready by the time they want full ssn.

Which option is best? Am I missing something? I have one shot at this, any advice is very appreciated.

It's thin ice for any option you choose to go with. And any advice will be speculation at best because there isn't much data on situation pass rates like this.

Random last 4 SSN numbers will fail verification and you'll be asked ID before opening your store.

If going with real 4 SSN, at 50-80% of the time you'll be also hit with additional verification questions before opening an account. Like address, previous schools, etc. It's 3 questions, answer 1 of them incorrect - you'll get ID request, even last 4 SSN numbers match.

Answer them correct - you may be pinpointed to the same person who was already suspended, because you'll address will match (I assume) an account you previously had.

When you look this way I would say it totally does not matter which option you choose from, because its thin ice by default.

So roll the dice and let us know. Or there are faster solutions to get an account without any of this headache.

rsot 01-16-2021 07:08 AM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
Nice analysis Duab - @OP, why not get the EIN right away?

cglock1 01-16-2021 07:24 AM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
They have never seen my ID before, and the address on my ID matches my new bank account and new address. None of the information on my ID will match the suspended account other than name and birthday. Would it improve my chances if I give a random last 4 considering that? I’m thinking the ID check is less likely to flag me than the last 4 of ssn. But does having a ssn that doesn’t match the bank make things worse? I assume I want to answer the 3 questions incorrectly and then show my ID.

cglock1 01-16-2021 07:26 AM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1136745)
Nice analysis Duab - @OP, why not get the EIN right away?

I think they make you upload the last 4 of ssn. Is there an option to do an EIN instead when opening the shop?

cglock1 01-16-2021 07:33 AM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
I think my plan right now is to use a random last 4. Try to fail the 3 questions (avoid linking info). Then show ID. If that goes smoothly the only duplicate information will be name and birthday.

cglock1 01-16-2021 04:54 PM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
What info are they looking for with the ID check?

Duab 01-17-2021 04:14 AM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cglock1 (Post 1136855)
What info are they looking for with the ID check?

Info that is visible on your ID :)

cglock1 01-17-2021 03:05 PM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
Alright it’s happening tonight. I’m hoping name and birthday aren’t enough to flag me.

cglock1 01-19-2021 03:51 PM

Re: Quick ssn and ID question!
 
So far so good �� I submitted ID and the shop is open. Im thinking it will take a week or two to verify ID but if my name and birthday didn’t link me the ID won’t. I’m optimistic. There’s no problem with switching back to my old computer user and connecting that to WiFi is there? The stealth account is using a new user and mobile hotspot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.

vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Rotating Residential Proxies? Head to IPBurger for Residential Proxies
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger