New Etsy account deactivated after 72 hours - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 03-28-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Default New Etsy account deactivated after 72 hours

Original account was deactivated for IP infringement.

What I did for this new account was:
- purchase a brand new laptop
- Only Tethered from my wife's phone data which has never been used to open Etsy before, especially never my account
- She used her bank account for deposit. (used her last name before getting married)
- Address on file was our old address before we moved so it wasnt the same address on my previous account.
- Used brand new images that I took specifically for the new store.

I did list similar products but there's thousands of shops selling the same thing (Amiibo Cards)

The account was never once accessed on any old computer or anything on my wifi.
The only thing that may have been an issue is when receiving the emails, she would receive the emails in an inbox that were connected to our wifi but I dont know if they can see what IP is checking emails.
I also don't know if me searching for my new shop from my old pc would do anything...

I did get 30 sales in 3 days so I don't know if the sales were really high and that made it so they targeted my shop again

Also because the account got deactivated, did they refund everyone? Like I don't even know what to do since I started working on the orders but now I'm unsure if I ship these out or they're already cancelled.

Last edited by naveedx; 03-28-2021 at 10:12 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2021

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: New Etsy account deactivated after 72 hours

Did you run Etsy ads 8-10 hours before your account got deactivated?
Did you clear out the Exif data of the Images?
what payment method do you accept?
The Following User Says Thank You to punitsirse For This Useful Post:
naveedx (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveedx View Post
Original account was deactivated for IP infringement.

What I did for this new account was:
- purchase a brand new laptop
- Only Tethered from my wife's phone data which has never been used to open Etsy before, especially never my account
- She used her bank account for deposit. (used her last name before getting married)
- Address on file was our old address before we moved so it wasnt the same address on my previous account.
- Used brand new images that I took specifically for the new store.

I did list similar products but there's thousands of shops selling the same thing (Amiibo Cards)

The account was never once accessed on any old computer or anything on my wifi.
The only thing that may have been an issue is when receiving the emails, she would receive the emails in an inbox that were connected to our wifi but I dont know if they can see what IP is checking emails.
I also don't know if me searching for my new shop from my old pc would do anything...

I did get 30 sales in 3 days so I don't know if the sales were really high and that made it so they targeted my shop again

Also because the account got deactivated, did they refund everyone? Like I don't even know what to do since I started working on the orders but now I'm unsure if I ship these out or they're already cancelled.
Your shop went into standard review after first sales and rep decided your shop is high risk, considering your method is without any leaks.

They don't refund those orders, it's now up to you: Ship all orders and hope there's no problems with them, since you'll not be able to contact customers. Then get your funds after 180 days.

Don't ship and move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duab For This Useful Post:
naveedx (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021

Longevity: 27%

You receive a mail when they manually deactivate your account.
Old 03-29-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitsirse View Post
You receive a mail when they manually deactivate your account.
No, it varies.
Old 03-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitsirse View Post
Did you run Etsy ads 8-10 hours before your account got deactivated?
Did you clear out the Exif data of the Images?
what payment method do you accept?

I didn’t do anything with ads. Maybe it’s automatic? All I did was set up some sales for 25% off

Payment methods were whichever methods Etsy accepts automatically when an account is created. I didn’t go in and change anything for ads or payments.

Just opened up an account 2 weeks after original got banned. Listed 2 items a day and shipped items as fast as I could make them.

The images were brand new images taken. Was I still supposed to remove exif? I thought that was only for people trying to reuse old images
Old 03-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duab View Post
Your shop went into standard review after first sales and rep decided your shop is high risk, considering your method is without any leaks.

They don't refund those orders, it's now up to you: Ship all orders and hope there's no problems with them, since you'll not be able to contact customers. Then get your funds after 180 days.

Don't ship and move on.
Customers already started opening cases cause the shop is gone, and Etsy is mediating and just refunding them all right away.

I won't be shipping out any of these orders as likely i'll just be out hundreds of dollars at the end of it all.

Thankfully they deactivated it before the weekday since I don't ship anything on weekends.
Old 04-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Customers already started opening cases cause the shop is gone, and Etsy is mediating and just refunding them all right away.

I won't be shipping out any of these orders as likely i'll just be out hundreds of dollars at the end of it all.

Thankfully they deactivated it before the weekday since I don't ship anything on weekends.
This is intense and waste of time on your end if etsy is mediating/refunding hard
Old 04-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
This is intense and waste of time on your end if etsy is mediating/refunding hard
Yep im kinda disappointed If they had suspended, sure that would be okay.
Atleast I would have the ability to talk to customers still and let them know their order is on the way.
Deactivating it completely was complete BS.

Looks like my mistake was listing Amiibo Cards right away instead of a different product for the first few sales. I didn't realize they do manual checks after the first sale
Old 04-09-2021

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
I didn’t do anything with ads. Maybe it’s automatic? All I did was set up some sales for 25% off

Payment methods were whichever methods Etsy accepts automatically when an account is created. I didn’t go in and change anything for ads or payments.

Just opened up an account 2 weeks after original got banned. Listed 2 items a day and shipped items as fast as I could make them.

The images were brand new images taken. Was I still supposed to remove exif? I thought that was only for people trying to reuse old images
You made some clear rookie mistakes. Sold too many within a certain time limit, for Etsy to not do a manual review for a while say 3 months you have to slow down the number of sales, like 3-4 a week.
Old 04-09-2021

Longevity: 30%

that's not true, i have an account that has over 350 sales on the first month of the creation.
Old 04-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papapad View Post
that's not true, i have an account that has over 350 sales on the first month of the creation.

After the manual review?

Your products are likely not infringing on any copyright, though?
Old 04-15-2021

Quote:
After the manual review?

Your products are likely not infringing on any copyright, though?
There's no clear pattern with them.

Getting 10-20 orders daily from the start does not make you suspended

If you start getting 10-20 orders a day, but add legit tracking info to each of it, what's the point of suspending your store?

There's numerous of dropshippers I observe launching ads on tiktok to their etsy stores and getting tens or hundreds of orders daily from the get go.

There's many factors in play: info used for the account, ip location, ip fraud scores, previous cookies, similarities with before suspended accounts, card types added for billing, bank accounts used to receive funds, items being sold.

For example there's certain UK bank sort codes which Etsy has blacklisted. You can be a mother of 3 selling handmade wooden heart shaped signs, and you will still get shut down without any email notice and without any chance to even sign in into your account if you use that sort codes in your banking info.

If you want to sell here - you will get suspended eventually (not 100% but a very high chance). Operate multiple accounts and be prepared to eat the losses.
Old 04-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duab View Post

If you want to sell here - you will get suspended eventually (not 100% but a very high chance). Operate multiple accounts and be prepared to eat the losses.
Whoa eat the losses...
Old 04-17-2021

hmmm try getting one on the forum and see if it helps.
Old 04-21-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purposeremo View Post
hmmm try getting one on the forum and see if it helps.
Yeah this was my plan but honestly spending an upwards of $400 CAD for something that may not even work is a little hard to want to do

I was gonna try making myself an account one more time and see how it goes. Maybe this time I'll sell some random BS for the first few sales that aren't IP infringing and then add the Amiibo cards later on