First shop doing well. Should I open a second? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 04-03-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default First shop doing well. Should I open a second?

I was surprised the first shop went through without a problem. I’d like to have two shops under the same info. Would opening a second put me at risk? Or will it definitely work the second time since it did before?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-04-2021

Longevity: 17%
Default Re: First shop doing well. Should I open a second?

Honestly I would put a second shop under different info unless your shop isn't selling anything you can get banned for
Old 04-04-2021

I've tried this, and I suggest to open a new account with a different identity.
If the first account has problems, then all the accounts linked with the person in the first account will be in trouble as well
Old 04-04-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Good idea to have different identity and go stealth
Old 04-04-2021

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Good idea to have different identity and go stealth
But how exactly do you do that? Say I use the info of my father and I get one shop. That is a start of course but what if that shop gets suspended as well. How many people will I have to ask for help in my lifetime? Obviously anything illegal isn't good (even if I were to use someone else's identity (someone I don't know at all)), I don't think Etsy would easily find out since you can just put in a different name for the bank account when adding it for Etsy Payments but I guess that isn't 100% safe even if the chances of getting caught are low. It's just not worth it.

That's why I am wondering how some people manage to open so many shops.
Old 04-04-2021

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibruv View Post
But how exactly do you do that? Say I use the info of my father and I get one shop. That is a start of course but what if that shop gets suspended as well. How many people will I have to ask for help in my lifetime? Obviously anything illegal isn't good (even if I were to use someone else's identity (someone I don't know at all)), I don't think Etsy would easily find out since you can just put in a different name for the bank account when adding it for Etsy Payments but I guess that isn't 100% safe even if the chances of getting caught are low. It's just not worth it.

That's why I am wondering how some people manage to open so many shops.
What risk? You send stealth info to a website in a far off country.

Get the stealth guide. Everything else you need to know is in this forum. Spend a few hours reading past posts..
Old 04-04-2021
Threadstarter  

I’m not selling any products I’d get banned for. The new account has my real info and I need it that way for taxes.

My suspended account got killed for a stupid reason before they had my real SSN or ID so they basically only had my name

I want the second shop to sell higher end products and I don’t want customers seeing them next to my cheap stuff.
Old 04-04-2021

Et sy allow sellers to have multiple stores, all they require is each store has its own email account, everything else can be the same. Same bank, card etc. They'll be linked, so one store is suspended, the other is too.
Old 04-04-2021

yeah they have a policy on it.
help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017604474-How-Do-I-Open-a-Second-Etsy-Shop-?segment=selling

It's fine as long as you know neither of your shops is selling anything to get suspended or deactivated.
It's just nice knowing that if one shop gets screwed, you still have a backup one that has nothing to do with the original

Im still trying to get back after getting banned and it's been a huge pain in the ass. At this point I might just buy a premade stealth account but the prices are kinda high
Old 04-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveedx View Post
yeah they have a policy on it.
help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017604474-How-Do-I-Open-a-Second-Etsy-Shop-?segment=selling

It's fine as long as you know neither of your shops is selling anything to get suspended or deactivated.
It's just nice knowing that if one shop gets screwed, you still have a backup one that has nothing to do with the original

Im still trying to get back after getting banned and it's been a huge pain in the ass. At this point I might just buy a premade stealth account but the prices are kinda high

Why do you think you haven’t been able to get back on? Pm me if you want. I’m pretty sure I understand what’s needed to avoid their flags.
Old 04-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Couple people messaged me. It won’t let me respond because I don’t have enough posts lol. Y’all can email me at carshowpaypal(at)gmail.com if you want
Old 04-07-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglock1 View Post
Why do you think you haven’t been able to get back on? Pm me if you want. I’m pretty sure I understand what’s needed to avoid their flags.
I'm pretty certain my problem was adding the exact same products with very similar titles before my first sale even went through. Manual check must've busted me.

Otherwise, it couldve been me constantly checking my shop sales by searching my new shop name on my old wifi (I dont know if they go this far)

I never did login into the new account on my old wifi, but I did constantly check it to see if I had any sales

Third, it couldve been when I was checking the emails of sales. I was checking those through my regular wifi but didn't stop to think they might be checking that cause I know it's possible

My issue now is that i've used mine and my wife's bank account info already
Old 04-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglock1 View Post
Couple people messaged me. It won’t let me respond because I don’t have enough posts lol. Y’all can email me at carshowpaypal(at)gmail.com if you want
Almost at 25 posts
Old 04-07-2021

did you buy or make account ?
Old 04-07-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveedx View Post
I'm pretty certain my problem was adding the exact same products with very similar titles before my first sale even went through. Manual check must've busted me.

Otherwise, it couldve been me constantly checking my shop sales by searching my new shop name on my old wifi (I dont know if they go this far)

I never did login into the new account on my old wifi, but I did constantly check it to see if I had any sales

Third, it couldve been when I was checking the emails of sales. I was checking those through my regular wifi but didn't stop to think they might be checking that cause I know it's possible

My issue now is that i've used mine and my wife's bank account info already
I disable "load remote content" in the email app. Loading pictures in your email is a possible way they can check the ip address. I think eBay does this, not sure if et sy does. Reading email with images disabled, there's no way they can see your ip.

Also, logging into your suspended account too much just increases the chance of you inadvertantly linking your stealth account, instant suspension. I keep each account on its own VM to guard against that.
The Following User Says Thank You to zapx For This Useful Post:
naveedx (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapx View Post
I disable "load remote content" in the email app. Loading pictures in your email is a possible way they can check the ip address. I think eBay does this, not sure if et sy does. Reading email with images disabled, there's no way they can see your ip.

Also, logging into your suspended account too much just increases the chance of you inadvertantly linking your stealth account, instant suspension. I keep each account on its own VM to guard against that.
I made sure to use only a new laptop with mobile IP (tethering from a brand new cellphone data plan that i've never used for Etsy)

I think it was either IP linked from checking my email on regular wifi or the fact I listed Sanrio amiibo cards as my first listing which seem to be a big target right now

I think for the next account I make, I'll just not check my emails at all until im on the laptop
Old 04-07-2021

Had to look up "amiibo" cards.. Sellers print those themselves? So if et sy is aware of this counterfeit market then they will definitely shut you down if y'r listing them right away.
Old 04-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloguys View Post
did you buy or make account ?
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s
Old 04-08-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapx View Post
Had to look up "amiibo" cards.. Sellers print those themselves? So if et sy is aware of this counterfeit market then they will definitely shut you down if y'r listing them right away.

yep they do but theyve allowed them for years. if you look up amiibo cards or amiibo products in general, there's thousands of stores selling them.

I'm not sure what criteria they're using to ban as I had my store on there for 3 years before they finally did it and was the one of the highest traffic store selling those cards.

I have friends who also are selling them but they haven't gotten banned just yet
Old 04-09-2021

Same in all the dodgy niches (and there are heaps of them), if a store survives past a certain point (a month or two) then it seems to fall off the radar. Et sy only pays attention to new stores. They aren't consistant either.