Stealth is up and running! What about the EI n? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-26-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
Default Stealth is up and running! What about the EI n?

My stealth account has been up for almost a year. It got a few sales and then I deactivated the listings. I’m ready to start it up now. No store has ever had my full SSN. This shop has a typo in the last four. When asked for tax info, I plan to give an E I N. What kind do I need? LLC? Sole proprietor? Does it matter? What should I expect when submitting this information? I’ve searched the forum for this information but the search function doesn’t appear to work.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Stealth is up and running! What about the EI n?

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Further posters to come
Old 01-30-2022

Longevity: 17%

Hey there! So, wanted to see if you had any luck with creating a EIN as a sole person, and then inputting all of that information with EIN, your name, dob, etc - did it work for you?

I've been stuck for some time, with this on both of my stores.

I've created two EIN's one as a LLC and the other without a LLC being just as a sole person. Then after i input all of this into the tabs, it's ALWAYS giving me an error stating:
The name and the TAX ID provided does not match the IRS records. Please ensure you enter the correct name associated with your Tax ID Provided.

I'm using a stealth account, ofc.. The data on the account is clean. The only thing is when I email ETSY in regards to this they just reply back stating that what ever you put into the TAX ID section needs to match what is on file with ETSY / on file with the bank account you have set. If these names are different and do not match then you would not be able to proceed.
Old 02-02-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe101 View Post
Hey there! So, wanted to see if you had any luck with creating a EIN as a sole person, and then inputting all of that information with EIN, your name, dob, etc - did it work for you?

I've created two EIN's one as a LLC and the other without a LLC being just as a sole person. Then after i input all of this into the tabs, it's ALWAYS giving me an error stating:
The name and the TAX ID provided does not match the IRS records. Please ensure you enter the correct name associated with your Tax ID Provided.

I'm using a stealth account, ofc.. The data on the account is clean. The only thing is when I email ETSY in regards to this they just reply back stating that what ever you put into the TAX ID section needs to match what is on file with ETSY / on file with the bank account you have set. If these names are different and do not match then you would not be able to proceed.

From what I’ve read and more or less confirmed with the IRS, your info won’t be made a permanent part of their system for up to 2 weeks. I’ve heard others say a month or more. Although they insist the EIN is active on day one, it seems Etsy cannot confirm it until it’s permanently included in the IRS system. I’m sitting on my EIN for another 3 or 4 days before I even submit it to Etsy. If you’ve had yours longer than a few weeks, there’s likely some mismatched info somewhere causing the problem.
Old 02-02-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe101 View Post

I reread the last part of your message... are you using a stealth name anywhere in this process? That could be a problem. You may be able to use a stealth name on Etsy if you list it as a “doing business as” name with the IRS... I have not confirmed this. I just use my real name on Etsy. Your real name is not unique and will not link you in my experience. I’m not sure if I should share more here...