eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Just a quick question regarding stealth. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/148015-just-quick-question-regarding-stealth.html)

Blaseblase 07-05-2022 10:26 PM

Just a quick question regarding stealth.

I just had a friend make an Etsy account for me with all of his information, I will be adding a bank account that's under my name and has never been associated with Etsy will that be okay?

Are VPN's fine as well? I've heard some people saying that Etsy bans accounts using VPN's and others saying it's fine. I have a subscription to ExpressVPN, is that fine? I will set location to where my friend lives.

Roy3805 07-05-2022 10:36 PM

Re: Just a quick question regarding stealth.

All e-commerce sites hates VPNs. When you are dealing with money and transactions there needs to be a trace. And when you look like you’re trying to be anonymous you will run into problems. A quality residential or mobile proxy is a better balance of being anonymous while leaving a trace.

SaiJin 07-05-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaseblase (Post 1196597)
I just had a friend make an Etsy account for me with all of his information, I will be adding a bank account that's under my name and has never been associated with Etsy will that be okay?

Are VPN's fine as well? I've heard some people saying that Etsy bans accounts using VPN's and others saying it's fine. I have a subscription to ExpressVPN, is that fine? I will set location to where my friend lives.

No. That provider isn't good.

If you wanna use a VPN, go with ipburger residential IP .

Blaseblase 07-06-2022 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1196600)
No. That provider isn't good.

If you wanna use a VPN, go with ipburger residential IP .

Gotcha, thank you. I used them for eBay stealth before.

Is there any advice on listing practices for new seller accounts? I've heard not to post more than 1 listing a day for a week or so. I just know Etsy has a pretty high banrate for arbitrary reasons for new accounts.

rsot 07-06-2022 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaseblase (Post 1196597)
I have a subscription to ExpressVPN, is that fine? I will set location to where my friend lives.

End that subscription - not worth it.

What types of items (as in category) are you planning to list?

GreenBean 07-06-2022 06:49 AM

Hope you are on good terms with your friend. What happens if the account goes down?

Could you not make an Etsy account independently.?
What has been your previous experience with Etsy?

:spy:

SaiJin 07-06-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaseblase (Post 1196607)
Gotcha, thank you. I used them for eBay stealth before.

Is there any advice on listing practices for new seller accounts? I've heard not to post more than 1 listing a day for a week or so. I just know Etsy has a pretty high banrate for arbitrary reasons for new accounts.

I don't sell on etsy, but on eBay I'd sell 1 item period. Get it sold , ship very very fast and do everything I can to get the buyer to leave me a positive feedback. Rince and repeat for another week or 2 then I bump up the qty a tiny bit.

Blaseblase 07-06-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 1196630)
Hope you are on good terms with your friend. What happens if the account goes down?

Could you not make an Etsy account independently.?
What has been your previous experience with Etsy?

:spy:

I have had multiple accounts, one was banned for selling digital items that are not allowed. I had that account reinstated, then it was banned more recently for an unknown reason. I believe it's because I received an IP strike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1196618)
End that subscription - not worth it.

What types of items (as in category) are you planning to list?

POD clothing, blankets, pillows, mugs/drinkware, etc.

SaiJin 07-06-2022 07:29 PM

what's a POD clothing?

Either way, stop the digital item stuff since that's what's gotten you in trouble.

Blaseblase 07-06-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1196658)
what's a POD clothing?

Either way, stop the digital item stuff since that's what's gotten you in trouble.

POD is print on demand, white labeling of sorts.