eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Legit shop permanently suspended (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/151993-legit-shop-permanently-suspended.html)

BigSwan 03-06-2024 09:15 PM

Legit shop permanently suspended

Hey all, so I have 3 legit stores which are not stealth stores and today just one of the stores received a permanent suspension. I have no idea why it was suspended so I am reluctant to submit an appeal given I dont know what I am appealing against.

I find myself in a dilemma. If I appeal and the store is deemed to remain permanently suspended, perhaps my other stores which are linked to this accounnt will be taken down also.

I'm not sure why my other stores have survived this, given the email says I am no longer allowed to open new stores etc.

Should I surrender the store and not appeal the termination to try and save the other two stores?

turtlepillow 03-07-2024 12:43 AM

Re: Legit shop permanently suspended

Yea, instead of risking everything going down just take the L.

Jackies 03-07-2024 04:01 AM

Do you sell or have you recently started selling items that are not "handmade"?

BigSwan 03-07-2024 05:33 AM

This store is selling wall art

Jackies 03-07-2024 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSwan (Post 1236942)
This store is selling wall art

Digital wall art? when did you open this suspended store and when did it have its first sale?

rsot 03-07-2024 09:07 AM

Never can be sure when the other stores may go down due to linking. Analyze the selling pattern on the suspended account, identify any possibly pain points, and avoid on the 2 remaining accounts.

Make backup stealth accounts as well

BigSwan 03-07-2024 08:39 PM

Physical wall art. However one of the variant options is a digital file. Perhaps this is the issue but I have been doing this for years along with most other big stores.

The store is over 2 years old. First sale would have been a long time ago. I put the store on holiday mode for most for 2023 and very recently rebranded and reopened the store.

agent006140 03-07-2024 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackies (Post 1236934)
Do you sell or have you recently started selling items that are not "handmade"?

Etsy has allowed vintage and antiques items for sale long long time ago,not just handmade

babybeargroup 03-08-2024 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSwan (Post 1236927)
Hey all, so I have 3 legit stores which are not stealth stores and today just one of the stores received a permanent suspension. I have no idea why it was suspended so I am reluctant to submit an appeal given I dont know what I am appealing against.

I find myself in a dilemma. If I appeal and the store is deemed to remain permanently suspended, perhaps my other stores which are linked to this accounnt will be taken down also.

I'm not sure why my other stores have survived this, given the email says I am no longer allowed to open new stores etc.

Should I surrender the store and not appeal the termination to try and save the other two stores?

This seems to be a common thing happening with new shops. I was on a Reddit Thread today of Etsy Sellers who are having this problem. Sellers login to see their account suspended, appeal the suspension and almost automatically receive and email stating the suspension is permanent and not to contact Etsy again. One seller said after about a month their account was reinstated, the others have had no luck.

ghettotige 03-14-2024 06:00 AM

Have you not received any warning emails? do a search for "etsy legal" just incase you missed it.

rsot 03-14-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSwan (Post 1236994)
Physical wall art. However one of the variant options is a digital file. Perhaps this is the issue but I have been doing this for years along with most other big stores.

The store is over 2 years old. First sale would have been a long time ago. I put the store on holiday mode for most for 2023 and very recently rebranded and reopened the store.

Interesting - i dont have enough active time on etsy to figure this would be an issue though hmm maybe others have experience