eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Google Search (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/152009-google-search.html)

agent006140 03-08-2024 08:26 PM

Google Search
 
lately I have sold some expensive items and the marketing expenses come to $65,$35 on top of Etsy fee and credit card processing fee,I am wondering if Etsy is doing something to make itself look good $$ wise.
I am also getting scammer and difficult buyer and buyer return.
One buyer said I sent the wrong item,so I must refund her first before she returns the item,Etsy closed the case after extending return deadline/
Then one buyer wants me to ship to her new address which is a shipping company,Etsy suspended her.
Then one buyer returned an item,paying USPS $35 for signature confirm and USPS priority with insurance,9 days ago,our local post office claimed I was not home when I was home all day,schedule a redelivery and no one shows up,filed a complaint with USPS,so it said it will deliver today,and today is almost gone,no package?
Privatising USPS may be a good idea !
Sales on Ebay is no better,buyer bought a coupon and never check her Ebay message for digital copy,now the physical copy sent USPS with no tracking has not arrived (ten days ),she filed chargeback with her cc issuer,calling me lazy,sleazy,no good and will leave negative feedback.
On AMZN marketplace,I changed my phone number and cant do 2 factor v
Verification,submitted documents and AMZN approved my buyer account,not my seller account,what good does it do for my selling on AMZN?
Bad things come in THREE-ETSY,EBAY and AMZN
THANKS FOR READING,sax4 PLEASE DO NOT READ

Automasters 03-08-2024 09:59 PM

Re: Google Search
 
Sad to hear this. I have days as well where I seriously consider if it is really worth it with the trash buyers I get occasionally on egay and Etsy. Overall though I still believe it is worth it, as the trash buyers are still only a small fraction of the total buyers and I still get mostly honest ones. Not sure how long it will last, but I think it depends a lot of the economy as well as items being sold. I sell mostly automotive related items as well as privacy protection devices. I'm sure the scammer rate is much higher with other areas such as digital items, etc. Don't give up. I had a scammer order from one of my websites and a few weeks later I get a charge back with his credit card company for almost $200. He now has the product and my money. I was aggravated but played it smart, submitted my evidence to his cc company stating he made the purchase and it worked as described. A few months later I get an email from my payment processor stating his cc company sided with me and returned my money. You will eventually win if you don't give up. Not gonna lie though, the appeal of Bitcoin is getting stronger for me as you never have to deal with the hassle of scammers playing the chargeback game.

agent006140 03-08-2024 10:33 PM

Re: Google Search
 
AcceptinG Bitcoin as payment,sounds like a good idea,no chargeback,but the sales venue will find a way to protect the buyers if you sell on any sales venue.
Today,govt said unemployment rate is now 3.9%,so all that layoff is starting to show .
I dont see how selling auto parts can be easy,I used to read how buyers bought the wrong part and tried and failed to install it in the car,so INAD and return is expensive.
I am trying to rid what I have,so I mark them down,but this marketing expense of $65 just wiped out my profit.
and Etsy sellers cannot opt out of it.

Automasters 03-08-2024 11:48 PM

Re: Google Search
 
Yes, Etsy a while back FORCED all sellers to pay higher advertising fees. While it does bring more clicks and views, it only benefits Etsy trying to compete with egay as the sellers have to raise prices to absorb it or just take the hit.

agent006140 03-09-2024 08:36 AM

Re: Google Search
 
The marketing fee is 12-15%,if a seller has $10K sales in the past,there is no way to opt out.
This is how Etsy can report a profit,not paying for search and not having telephone customer service.
One issue which I find annoying is whenever I raise the shipping fee,a note popped up and ask if I really want to do it?
USPS has raised its fee several times in past year,does Etsy care?

rsot 03-09-2024 12:02 PM

Re: Google Search
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Automasters (Post 1237096)
Yes, Etsy a while back FORCED all sellers to pay higher advertising fees. While it does bring more clicks and views, it only benefits Etsy trying to compete with egay as the sellers have to raise prices to absorb it or just take the hit.

Nice informative clarification

agent006140 03-09-2024 02:12 PM

Re: Google Search
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Automasters (Post 1237096)
Yes, Etsy a while back FORCED all sellers to pay higher advertising fees. While it does bring more clicks and views, it only benefits Etsy trying to compete with egay as the sellers have to raise prices to absorb it or just take the hit.

If an Etsy seller raises his asking price for this reason,it would not be fair to the eTSY buyers who come direct to Etsy site .


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Rotating Residential Proxies? Head to IPBurger for Residential Proxies
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger