| |  | | | itslouis2003 | 07-27-2026 02:24 PM | Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quite annoying because the fees are from listing today, and I got my account permanently closed today.. so I’d rather not pay the fees, it’s only £100 I owe are they likely to send it to collections / debt collectors over it? Rather just forget about it if it’s unlikely / if they send a warning before sending collectors. I’m willing to pay if it gets to that point.
I accidentally listed an old item I previously received a violation for, which was Nazi related (I sell ww2 models in bulk) I forgot to remove it from my list, which then resulted in this email:
This is a message from Etsy's Content Moderation team. We're getting in touch to inform you that Etsy has elected to revoke your account privileges permanently, due to your shop's repeat violations of our Prohibited Items Policy.
Our records indicate that we've contacted you before about violations of Etsy's policies in your shop. In our correspondences, we made it clear that any future violations of our selling policies would result in the permanent closure of your shop and all of your related Etsy accounts.
We don't make such decisions without great consideration, but your account's history of policy violations has brought us to the conclusion that our business relationship must now come to a close.
If you have open unfulfilled orders, we ask that you refund them as soon as possible. Although you still have access to your shop manager and orders, you will need to sign into your Etsy account on a computer. Due to your account suspension, you will not be able to access your account through the Sell on Etsy app or a mobile browser.
If you do not refund open orders within the stated processing time for each order, Etsy reserves the right to refund buyers on your behalf, and you will owe Etsy all accrued debts.
____________________________________________ |
Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Is the account in your real details? First q |
| itslouis2003 | 07-28-2026 03:29 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot
(Post 1270079)
Is the account in your real details? First q | Yes under ltd |
| agent006140 | 07-28-2026 08:21 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? if they send a warning before sending collectors. I’m willing to pay if it gets to that point.
-They will send a warning,they will keep sending you reminder until they write it off as a loss.
Not much else they can do. |
| itslouis2003 | 07-28-2026 08:34 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140
(Post 1270097)
if they send a warning before sending collectors. I’m willing to pay if it gets to that point.
-They will send a warning,they will keep sending you reminder until they write it off as a loss.
Not much else they can do. | Really? So I can just ignore it? |
| Nimble | 07-28-2026 04:28 PM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? The only thing I am not sure about is if they can leave a negative remark on your credit report. |
| murdered_by_ebay | 07-29-2026 08:12 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? no one would seriously try to collect 100 quid from you , they would be sending letters to your address trying to annoy you |
Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? You sold stuff right? And the fees are legitly owed for the sales? Just pay it off and avoid this headache of "will they or won't they"... |
| itslouis2003 | 07-29-2026 10:48 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot
(Post 1270126)
You sold stuff right? And the fees are legitly owed for the sales? Just pay it off and avoid this headache of "will they or won't they"... | No the fees are from listing 750 items, and then getting banned the same day. So I paid for them to never be able to use them. That’s why I don’t want to pay them, it’s not fees from sales. |
| agent006140 | 07-29-2026 04:26 PM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? With Ebay,it would refund your listing fees.
Did you ask them ?
They would not report you. |
| Nimble | 07-30-2026 02:56 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Are you able to speak to any of the customer services reps? Worth asking the question why are they charging if they banned within a day as you didn't use their service.
I personally wouldn't pay and I don't think they would chase such a small amount under your circumstances. |
| deepsofts | 07-30-2026 04:25 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? When registering a new store, Etsy asks you to pay the opening fee. But the next day my store was blocked. The support wrote as usual that they had violated the rules. Although I haven't created anything yet, I haven't posted a single product. 19 bucks were given to them. I've been in dialogue with support for the third week. They don't unlock the store, which is why they say their internal algorithms have worked. The money was taken for the opening. They opened, in general, a collection of money.. The office is worse than scammers. |
| itslouis2003 | 07-30-2026 09:24 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsofts
(Post 1270144)
When registering a new store, Etsy asks you to pay the opening fee. But the next day my store was blocked. The support wrote as usual that they had violated the rules. Although I haven't created anything yet, I haven't posted a single product. 19 bucks were given to them. I've been in dialogue with support for the third week. They don't unlock the store, which is why they say their internal algorithms have worked. The money was taken for the opening. They opened, in general, a collection of money.. The office is worse than scammers. | Not paying them a penny then. They make enough pulling that scam as it is. Screw them |
Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quote:
Originally Posted by itslouis2003
(Post 1270133)
No the fees are from listing 750 items, and then getting banned the same day. So I paid for them to never be able to use them. That’s why I don’t want to pay them, it’s not fees from sales. | Ah k - that's clearer...yeah I wouldn't want to pay those...100 quid on a LTD company-based account...could risk it for them to just write it off vs taking it to collections... |
| murdered_by_ebay | 07-30-2026 03:46 PM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? just do not pay them , worst case scenario is blacklisting of your personal details on etsy and annoying letters from collectors. both is harmless if you do not intend to use the same details on etsy again |
| Etsyheadache | 07-30-2026 11:19 PM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Very unlikely Etsy shuts accounts down and claims any outstanding positive balances for themselves so I'd imagine they will just write it off |
| SaiJin | 08-04-2026 10:31 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Most likely it'll go to collection agency and they'll scrutinize your info and date much more closely incase you come back |
Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay
(Post 1270158)
just do not pay them , worst case scenario is blacklisting of your personal details on etsy and annoying letters from collectors. both is harmless if you do not intend to use the same details on etsy again | Makes sense upon analysis |
| agent006140 | 08-12-2026 07:30 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsofts
(Post 1270144)
When registering a new store, Etsy asks you to pay the opening fee. But the next day my store was blocked. The support wrote as usual that they had violated the rules. Although I haven't created anything yet, I haven't posted a single product. 19 bucks were given to them. I've been in dialogue with support for the third week. They don't unlock the store, which is why they say their internal algorithms have worked. The money was taken for the opening. They opened, in general, a collection of money.. The office is worse than scammers. | why did they block your store?
what rule did you violate if you have not posted anything? |
| meerce | 08-17-2026 04:08 PM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? I think the amount is to small for them.
There are many cases where you get sales, you ship out the products and when they are still on their way to the customer, you get banned. Etsy refunds to the customers and then you "owe" them money but that's not fair either. Image that they have multiple thousands of sellers like this. I doubt they are chasing every single one of them |
| agent006140 | 08-17-2026 04:18 PM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? Quote:
Originally Posted by meerce
(Post 1270904)
I think the amount is to small for them.
There are many cases where you get sales, you ship out the products and when they are still on their way to the customer, you get banned. Etsy refunds to the customers and then you "owe" them money but that's not fair either. Image that they have multiple thousands of sellers like this. I doubt they are chasing every single one of them | There is a way TO RECALL or withhold the shipment until further instruction from the shipper,so you dont give away your item free, |
| gnettuno | 08-31-2026 01:41 AM | Re: Permanently closed my Etsy account but I owe £100 can I just not pay? When the first payment reminder is received I would get in touch with customer service and explain the situation. There is a slight chance they will do something about it. I will do it just to gather evidence and prove that what you are saying is true in case I need to open a dispute for an error on credit report. | | All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM. | |
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger |