eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Etsy Linked...advice please (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/72872-etsy-linked-advice-please.html)

whiteberry 04-25-2014 05:23 AM

Etsy Linked...advice please

Hi, I have recently had an et/sy acct linked.
I run successful eb ay/ama-zon stealths without experiencing any links.
I had everything new - new user, new ip, new paypal etc..I am thinking the link has something to do with image size, is this possible?

I had new images however, to get a good preview pic I make the images smaller to scale up on et/sy. Could this have caused it?

Thanks for any help
Whitebery

rsot 04-25-2014 09:11 AM

Re: Etsy Linked...advice please

Image can link but are you selling the same items? Are they considered risky?

whiteberry 04-25-2014 09:30 AM

Hi :)
Not risky items, similar but different - not unique either in that there are lots of similar sellers on etsy.

MM78 04-25-2014 11:29 AM

Are you using the same exact images on all accounts?

whiteberry 04-25-2014 11:57 AM

No, never use the same images!

unkown5454 04-25-2014 12:36 PM

Did you receive the suspension email?

Also, how long did this account last before it was closed?

whiteberry 04-25-2014 06:52 PM

Yeah received a suspension email, account lasted just under a week.

GreenBean 04-25-2014 07:42 PM

Within the 'etc' part, what else was new?

Did you clear cookies etc?

:spy:

unkown5454 04-25-2014 09:33 PM

Ok, one week means it wasn't a bot unless you added new products the same day you were suspended.

If not, you were either reported or something forced them to manually review your account (Like a complaining customer, etc).

If you are 100% sure you are not linking yourself, then you may be making your items/store look too commercial. If it is, people will report you quick. Et/sy cross promotes stores/products so people can see your items when looking at ANYTHING. Your products get more face time, which is great, except if you are doing something that makes people want to report you.

whiteberry 04-26-2014 03:42 AM

Hi, I didn't clear cookies as I created a new user on laptop? (I had never used this laptop with etsy before) should I still be clearing cookies even if I am creating a new user?

Thanks for your help unkown. I am thinking it may have been a bot as I listed some new items and the link/suspension came within 24 hours after that (not entirely sure how long).

Whiteberry

unkown5454 04-26-2014 04:09 AM

New Windows user is all you need. All of my accounts on Et/sy are on the same laptop.

They use an image hashing bot and it's quick.

When you're account is linked, it will ghost like Crai/gsL/ist and all of your products will fall out of the search. You can test this by going into your store like a customer would and search for an item using the search box. If your items don't show up in the search within 30 minutes to an hour of being listed, the account is linked/ghosted. The suspension email comes within 24 hours of this like you mentioned.

I can go into more, but you need to run some test of your own. Test the ghosting issue I mentioned. You will learn quick where your problem is. Again, make new windows user, new registration email, new PP email, new images, new CC, etc. Typical ste/alth practices. Narrow down the problem.

My last tip to save some frustration: Make new account, throw up some random handmade item you would never sell, check account in 30 minutes-1 hour by using search box in your store. If item shows up in search, account is not linked by a bot. Start listing your real items and keep checking account status using the search box in store. This will tell you if a specific item you are listing is being caught by a bot.

rsot 04-26-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteberry (Post 548480)
Hi, I didn't clear cookies as I created a new user on laptop? (I had never used this laptop with etsy before) should I still be clearing cookies even if I am creating a new user?

Thanks for your help unkown. I am thinking it may have been a bot as I listed some new items and the link/suspension came within 24 hours after that (not entirely sure how long).

Whiteberry

New user accounts helps to keep the cookies separate - dont need to worry about cookies then.

Within 24 hours suspension does sound like bot activity

whiteberry 05-20-2014 03:16 PM

Thanks for all the advice, just updating - I think it was all down to images.
I altered sizes and layout etc and so far all has been going good.

Whiteberry