eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Stealth Etsy using legit paypal account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/76498-stealth-etsy-using-legit-paypal-account.html)

nakamuru 08-18-2014 03:36 PM

Stealth Etsy using legit paypal account

I have a legit paypal account i've been using for 12 years. I'm trying to setup stealth with etsy and wondering if its ok to use my normally used paypal with a new added email? Since paypal and ebay is same company linking each other will bring lots of problems to paypal if something happened to ebay but i don't think etsy and paypal have any relationship other then payment gateway. Or is that a red flag for my paypal account or etsy account?

rsot 08-20-2014 03:47 AM

Re: Stealth Etsy using legit paypal account

Have you used this PP with etsy before?

Artann 08-20-2014 11:47 AM

Use your old PP account but create a new email address and add to your old PP and then use this newly added email address for easy and you will be just fine.

rsot 08-25-2014 08:22 AM

Etsy has no ties to eBay.

sadgirl 09-24-2014 02:26 AM

I'm having the same problem as well. I am in the process of starting a new ETSY account. So just for clarification, if my legit Paypal account has my banned ETSY email and my new email address, I can still use this paypal account as long as I use the new email address for receiving payments?

ETSY will not know that this paypal account is the same one used for the banned email?

rsot 09-24-2014 04:00 AM

That is what Artann is indicating - adding new e-mail to an old PP

novemberrain1970 09-24-2014 09:03 AM

This works fine on Etsy.

Artann 09-24-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadgirl (Post 590754)
I'm having the same problem as well. I am in the process of starting a new ETSY account. So just for clarification, if my legit Paypal account has my banned ETSY email and my new email address, I can still use this paypal account as long as I use the new email address for receiving payments?

ETSY will not know that this paypal account is the same one used for the banned email?

Yes, this works just like you described.

dcbshowstopper 09-25-2014 11:55 AM

Just to clarify, this only works for receiving payments, correct? They won't be able to make payments to Etsy using the same PayPal account because of the name attached to it, right?

novemberrain1970 09-25-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper (Post 591463)
Just to clarify, this only works for receiving payments, correct? They won't be able to make payments to Etsy using the same PayPal account because of the name attached to it, right?

That is correct - if you are banned definitely don't pay them their fees with a real PP acct.

BangkokBetty 12-02-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novemberrain1970 (Post 591569)
That is correct - if you are banned definitely don't pay them their fees with a real PP acct.

Woah! Can I just clarify, I can use and old Paypal account that had a banned email address on it to receive payments, and then pay the fees with a different method like a credit card or another Paypal account, and that's fine? No linkage? I ask because I am currently using a friend's account to receive payments and using the same account to make payments to avoid any linkage to my old account, which is a bit of a pain.

novemberrain1970 12-02-2014 10:42 AM

I wouldn't pay it with ANY PP account. Use a prepaid gift card with a Visa logo and that works fine. Just register it with the stealth info. I am no accountant but I hope you talked to one and your friend as well as they now assume the tax liability if the PP is in their name.

Gladiator 12-21-2014 07:03 AM

I paid using a single PayPal for at least a dozen accounts and was never flagged. Why? They don't actually get an address or info when you pay. All you have to do is change your primary email to that stores email when you pay. Or that's what I've done anyway.

dcbshowstopper 12-29-2014 03:25 PM

If you sign up for the business account through PayPal and not the personal, you won't have any problems paying with it. With the business accounts, PayPal only states your business name when a transaction name. They will not give etsy or anyone else your personal name. If you use a personal PayPal account, they will give etsy the name you signed up with.

novemberrain1970 12-30-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper (Post 625189)
If you sign up for the business account through PayPal and not the personal, you won't have any problems paying with it. With the business accounts, PayPal only states your business name when a transaction name. They will not give etsy or anyone else your personal name. If you use a personal PayPal account, they will give etsy the name you signed up with.

I get that but if you pay several Et/sy bills with one PP account that links them, no? If one goes down then they all would go down, it would stand to reason.

rsot 12-30-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novemberrain1970 (Post 625490)
I get that but if you pay several Et/sy bills with one PP account that links them, no? If one goes down then they all would go down, it would stand to reason.

Across account linking would be logical

dcbshowstopper 12-31-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novemberrain1970 (Post 625490)

You are correct. I just use different PP accounts.

Monika71 01-04-2015 01:11 PM

Hi! I have a question about changing paypal account. I have a legit paypal account and I used for my old Etsy shop what closed by Etsy. Now I use my new sleath Etsy account with a new PP but this PP is limited. I would change this new PP to my old PP . I know I will be OK if I change the email address but when I go to my Etsy account and press " change your paypal address " Etsy wants charge my old PP with 1 USD :( Have you ever had this problem?? I am afraid if I add the old PP with new email address and Etsy take that 1 USD I will banned. Any idea?

Sorry for my english but I hope you will understand what I wrote.

Monika71 01-04-2015 01:15 PM

Ops I forgot to let you know I added an Entropay Virtual card for paying fees for etsy and its working . But changign PP they want to chareg with 1 USD .

big tymer 01-05-2015 02:41 AM

that's the first I have heard of etsy charging $1 to change the pp. it might be a verification thing - maybe. I have used the same pp account that was associated with a banned account, I just created a new email and it worked for years. hopefully some other people will reply to this thread as I am curious about the $1 charge as well.

unkown5454 01-05-2015 03:19 AM

Mind the country flags. It's usually the root of confusion.

TheMatrix 08-14-2015 09:38 PM

What a great forum. I know its an old thread but its relevant to what Im doing now.
Story goes we lost our Etsy shop a couple months ago for too many dmca's, long story but thats the end result.

So I thought of getting my wifes brother to setup paypal and banking. Done.
Got new private proxies that are supposed CL bulletproof.
Open new account et.sy and then uploaded product pic from my comp.
Woke up this morning and shop/acct deactivated, kaboom

Now in reading thru various forums/threads here are my guesses.
1. paypal account is not US based and we are using US proxy? It is a paypal biz acct.
2. Last name matches our banned account as its her brother?
3. The pic uploaded has same metadata from old banned account?
4. They can see browser settings? Should have created new windows user acct?

So now my thoughts are just use a local broadband sim usb...new ip... and use his paypal and bank, just add new email to paypal.
Register new et.sy account.
Scrape the metadata from all our old pics.
Move the pics to new windows user acct desktop and upload from there.

Am I missing something or any suggestions?