Stealth Etsy - Direct checkout. - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 04-05-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Stealth Etsy - Direct checkout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellix View Post
So I believe this is quite recent because I've opened a store on mid January this year and that's the only payment option that I have.

Might be related to the country you're at? Might be. I'm not sure.
Old accounts still have the option they started with, but I started my new account mid March and this now seems to be the practice. As always it may differ between each country. You'll have to try opening another and find out for us :P
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-06-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
Old accounts still have the option they started with, but I started my new account mid March and this now seems to be the practice. As always it may differ between each country. You'll have to try opening another and find out for us :P
Forgive my memory, I'll re-phrase what I've said before. Apart the one that was open on January, I've opened another one on March 16th (yes, still fresh!) with Paypal only too.

So, either they applied that measure after that date or in fact is related to the country you're at.
Old 06-09-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper View Post
I haven't submitted the info yet. I got to that part and decided not to go through with it. I guess I may as well, though, since I only put up 45 items. I'm guessing it would take a lot of work to link the old address anyway since they are using a 3rd party vendor to just verify identity. They only ask for the last four digits of the social to start out. Don't know how much they can pull up with just that. As far as the bank account goes I just plan on using one of my bank accounts that I have never used on etsy and just enter my wife's name as the account holder. I'm hoping that will work.
Hi, old thread but i'm facing the same issue - how did using a different name with fresh bank accounts work for you?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2016

Quote:
Hi, just a very quick question. As recommend I have a VCC with fresh alias (thanks for the heads up) but I haven't added an address on my VCC account. Just panicking incase E+sy contact them to verify my ID. Should I put a 'new' address down on my VCC or leave this blank? I know the point of a VCC is to protect your ID but I would like to cover all basis, without an element of doubt (in case they ask for ID). Thanks again
Old 07-19-2016

Quote:
I'm afraid I can't PM at the moment as I have too few posts on the forum, and I don't want to spam just for the sake of PMing! But basically everything you need is in the Stealth Book if you have it?

It seems that in terms of identity, the same applies to E--y now as does with PP. So your new bank account has to be your real self, but then you need a new identity. (Turns out you do need the VCC) Some people are reluctant when it comes to this step, they don't like the idea of creating a brand new person, but unless you have a relative or friend who's identity you can borrow, there is no other option from what I can see .
hi there, are you shure you can use a new bank account but at your real name? in this case when you give information to etsy you just give the right iban and the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name?
thank you
Old 07-27-2016

Sorry I haven't replied for a while, its been busy!

Yes you can use a new bank account with your real name. Or at least I as a UK user have been able to set up a new Et.sy account in the past two weeks like this.

When you give the bank details, use new account and real name. Et.sy will then ask you for your personal details, give the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address, then when they can't find you they will ask for a copy of your ID.

Lemondrops, personally on my VCC I put my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, I'm not 100% sure if it is needed or how it works but knowing some companies when they take card details they need the address the card is registered too also, so I figured I'd do it just in case.
Old 08-03-2016

Longevity: 52%

Let me ask if I got ir right. Et.sy ask me to tell them my:
Bank's name
Owner's Name
IBAN
SWIFT

Can I write a real info in bank fields and a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info in personal information fields? For example Owner's name would be John but in personal info I would write Bobby. Or is it better t write ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info in "owner's name" field?
Old 08-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1001 View Post
Let me ask if I got ir right. Et.sy ask me to tell them my:
Bank's name
Owner's Name
IBAN
SWIFT

Can I write a real info in bank fields and a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info in personal information fields? For example Owner's name would be John but in personal info I would write Bobby. Or is it better t write ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info in "owner's name" field?
I think you posted this in another thread too. But yes, keep the bank stuff real and in personal info you need your new identity. Make sure the bank account is brand new and not one that has been used with Et.sy previously. You may also need a VCC which will be as your new ID too.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
lukas1001 (08-04-2016)
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 43%

Can anyone confirm that it's possible to open stealth account with real bank data and different personal name and data (using my moms name).

Bank account is new, but i was previously banned in my own name. So is safe to use my new bank account?
Old 11-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Just so everyone knows, when etsy says "we may check your info with a 3rd party", they mean "we WILL check your info with a third party". There is NO way around this. etsy direct checkout is EXACTLY like using a merchant account...I sure as heck don't know of anyone who has used stealth info to open a merchant account and gotten away with it. etsy is likely required by federal law to verify all info you send them to open DC.
I got away with a stealth account for 9 months before I was kicked out again.

BTW you can all your fees with your "Payment Account" and this way no need for Visa's or Debit cards. Just pay et.sy with your customers money.
Old 12-06-2016

Longevity: 47%

I've managed to open a shop this way, but two weeks later etsy contacted me asking various questions like:

How many people are working in my shop and which person is exactly responsible for what? How my items are made? If I had any previous accounts or shops on etsy and so on.

They say they are checking if it's not against their policies, but I wonder if they check all new stores now or they just got suspicious?

The only way linking is my bank accounts for direct checkout withdrawals. Nothing else.

I had a shop a couple for years ago, but now it's completely different niche and I wonder how to answer these questions right. Thanks guys.
Old 12-07-2016

Can at least someone say if they get similar emails like these?
Old 12-07-2016

I've never had these sorts of emails. Could it be the type of product you are offering, or the amount of items you have listed?
Old 12-07-2016

Quote:
I've never had these sorts of emails. Could it be the type of product you are offering, or the amount of items you have listed?
I'm still not sure what's the issue here. I have ID confirmed this account and they still looking for something.

I've only a few items a day so that shouldn't be an issue. The niche might be, but still haven't found any info that anyone are receiving these emails.
Old 12-07-2016
MU

Longevity: 82%

People get those emails all the time. Just take the photos and send them in. Usually you will be left alone if you show your process from the outset, but if you don't your risk getting flagged.
Old 12-08-2016

Longevity: 44%

I have a question on the et.sy 1099 forms if anybody knows and can answer. If you open an etsy account and start selling under a SSN and in 3 months you replace that with an EIN, at the end of the year, does et.sy send you one 1099 form under the EIN, or do they send one 1099 for the period under the SSN and another 1099 for the period under the EIN?

Any help with this would be so appreciated.
Old 02-18-2017

Longevity: 41%

I just got in for 2 1/2 days and then got deactivated. Sucks because i thought i had it.

I used kproxy .... a completely different email platform....but i had to use my SS number... i tried changing around characters in my name but it kept saying to double check....so i just put in my real name.

it then asked for me to upload id.....so i did. and it worked....i thought i was in the clear but i was wrong
Old 05-08-2017

Longevity: 64%

hi
I keep seeing USA account for Et.sy direst checkout harder to verify, and ssn needed but if Billing Address is no USA , can I still use USD account with First bank if my shop location is different country and billing address confirm it
Old 05-08-2017

Longevity: 40%

Like everybody else I am trying to figure out the new direct check out option on Etsy.

I have 4 accounts that are stealth of over 5 years. None of them have DC. I have stand alone paypal for all of them. I can get 4 different bank accounts and use my stealth addresses for them. I know Etsy can't see the name that I have on my bank account but what do I do about the SSN part. It only asks for the last 4 digits but I can't enter the last 4 digits of my social with another name - can I? What do you suggest
Old 05-12-2017

Hello, friends I have also received the notification in all my accounts, even the one that I least expected because it is my real account of my country ... this means that they will delete all the accounts of the countries that do not appear in your list? I create my real account in vzla with real information and my address, how will I provide SSN? I can not believe that this is so, so that they allowed me to register with my country and my data if they are going to suspend me now?

My other accounts I think I saved but I still hope it works without problems.

Last edited by river82; 05-12-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrops View Post
Hi, just a very quick question. As recommend I have a VCC with fresh alias (thanks for the heads up) but I haven't added an address on my VCC account. Just panicking incase E+sy contact them to verify my ID. Should I put a 'new' address down on my VCC or leave this blank? I know the point of a VCC is to protect your ID but I would like to cover all basis, without an element of doubt (in case they ask for ID). Thanks again
Apologies for perhaps the stupid question but what is VCC? Just getting into those etsy stealth thingies now so kinda of a noob haha
The Following User Says Thank You to pewdewpie For This Useful Post:
moonglitzi (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Virtual Credit Card.