eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Etsy connection with Pinterest.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/78500-etsy-connection-pinterest.html)

Monika71 10-16-2014 03:09 AM

Etsy connection with Pinterest..

Hi everyone!

I am a new registered member ,but I follow the forum one month ago.I bought the eBay Stealth and created my first Etsy stealth account with succes.:clap: My shop worked 6 weeks long and I had many customers. Two days ago Etsy banned me . I tried to thinking back what did I wrong?? I used new windows username for this Etsy account , new Paypal , so.. new me :) .

I am not sure but I think I made mistake with Pinterest.Is this possible??

I have an old Pinterest account .Before Etsy closed my shop I often pinned my old products there . When Etsy banned me I deleted the old products from Pinterest. I kept my Pinterest account because I love browsing there . I totally forget that I used my Pinterest account for Etsy. Two days ago I wanted to open a new Pinteres account for my stealth etsy shop . When I opened Pinterest in my browser I was logged in with my old account. I logged out and registered a new Pinterest account and started to pin my products from Etsy. 4-5 hours later Etsy closed my shop. Share Etsy and Pinterest informations between each other? Maybe they sending informations to each other? I think my browser cookies busted me.. no any idea :(

From that time I try to understand how could this happen. I know Etsy is not stupid but this is so incredible.

The other option is that I uploaded similar products with old sample pictures .. but I don't think that Etsy discovered this mistake 6 weeks later.

What do you think??

ovidiu 10-16-2014 04:27 AM

Re: Etsy connection with Pinterest..

New address? New name, gift card? Anything re-used at all. From what I read, it does appear that etsy and pinterest are not the same company at all, but they work hand in hand and some information probably changes hands.

But old pictures, similar products, competitors reporting you, many different possibilities. To avoid all that, especially the nasty competitors and cliques, it really needs to be a whole NEW you.

Monika71 10-16-2014 02:39 PM

Thank you ovidiu ! Next time I will be more careful.

I still have an other question . If I use my old Paypal account but change the primary email address in my Paypal account Etsy won't recognized me . But what about with the credit card if I use the same card under my Paypal?? Should I need to change it too?

unkown5454 10-16-2014 04:16 PM

Please search the Etsy section here on this forum. All of this has been discussed in detail over the past 2 months.

kenk85 11-25-2014 05:44 AM

Just to be clear. If I log onto etsy from the same computer, windows account, and ip address, then log onto pinterest but do NOT pin anything from etsy, they won't link the accounts correct?

I have pinterest with a lot of things on there, I won't want to start over if I don't have to. As long as I don't pin any of my etsy items, I should be fine correct?

rsot 11-25-2014 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenk85 (Post 612237)
Just to be clear. If I log onto etsy from the same computer, windows account, and ip address, then log onto pinterest but do NOT pin anything from etsy, they won't link the accounts correct?

I have pinterest with a lot of things on there, I won't want to start over if I don't have to. As long as I don't pin any of my etsy items, I should be fine correct?

Pinterest is separate from etsy last I checked so would not cause issues