eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   ETSY account closed down (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/79732-etsy-account-closed-down.html)

ilmman 11-19-2014 04:35 AM

ETSY account closed down

This morning I woke up in horror to see that my accounts have been suspended pernamently as well as my partners account for the following reason.

* Having multiple Etsy accounts and not disclosing your involvement with each

* Misrepresenting yourself or your business

* Inaccurately representing the items you're selling

It was quite a wtf is going on moment. So now I'm not sure on what to do. It also states that

"You or anyone acting on your behalf should not create new Etsy accounts, as they will be terminated immediately and without notice. We also cannot respond to any future emails you may send; this is our final communication."

So I'm not allowed to appeal or anything which is kinda BS imo. I only own one account under my name and my partner only owns one account in her name as well. So I am guessing they linked us together as 1 person. We sell similar things but not exactly the same thing and I create my own designs where as she creates her own design. I do help her with packing and all but thats about it, the creation process is on our own.

So, do I really have any chance to re-instate an account for being wrongfully accused or am I just royally screwed up in the ass? Can I provide real proof of name and address to them to prove we are not one person?

I've tried contacting them but they have not replied yet and so far it seems bleak if etsy will re-activate the account for both of us.

rsot 11-19-2014 06:31 AM

Re: ETSY account closed down

Might as well give it a shot but expectations are low :( Time to rebuild

novemberrain1970 11-19-2014 08:57 AM

Their refusal to communicate further speaks volumes. Do yourself a huge favor and while you can still access your accounts (if you can) get all of the needed info to complete any outstanding orders. A friend of mine had their account completely wiped out and it was a huge headache because they had no way to access open orders at all. He had a high-volume store and he says it turned him against ever getting back online sell to after what they put him through. Also contact your customers to let them know you are completing outstanding orders. As soon as they notice the shop gone the PayPal cases will start and it's a big snowball from there. If they open an Etsy case Etsy will tell them to do a chargeback and you don't want that. Etsy is the worst online platform I have ever been on (and that is saying something as I also used to sell on eB.) You can try to contact them but I am guessing you will get no reply. My friend sent daily messages and emails and even copied their legal department and was totally ignored.

GreenBean 11-19-2014 09:10 AM

Getting more like ebay.

:pout:

unkown5454 11-19-2014 02:57 PM

I've never had them reactivate an account. I have competitors selling similar products too and if you call them out on it, they just give that typical response, "Oh, we just haven't found them yet."

Their responses are very slow and I've literally only seen 3 people handling suspended accounts. 2 girls and a guy, don't remember their names. They are all morons and the emails give you the typical run around asking you to complete a new task each time they respond. I feel like they just buy time and wait for you to give up.

I immediately open new stores, but I've messed with them to see how they handle suspension issues. It's been the same thing every time. Either they stop responding or they come up with new chores for you to do, claiming each time that if you complete a new step, they'll open your account back up. Then, when you're done, they come back with another chore.

It's pretty bad. You will need to learn ste/alth no matter what happens.

rsot 11-19-2014 03:02 PM

Running around with hopes - not good customer policy

ilmman 11-19-2014 09:24 PM

They replied saying they won't reconsider and the decision is final. O well, guess I'll go stealth for etsy later x)

novemberrain1970 11-20-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmman (Post 610402)
They replied saying they won't reconsider and the decision is final. O well, guess I'll go stealth for etsy later x)

Sorry that happened. You are better off stealth anyway. Hope you get back up and running soon!

Gladiator 11-21-2014 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novemberrain1970 (Post 610601)
Sorry that happened. You are better off stealth anyway. Hope you get back up and running soon!

Agreed. No use arguing with them. Even if you are on the up and up they still railroad the hell out of you. I've had competitors cause my stores to go down for filing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DMCA's (etsy won't help even with counter-notices) or false claims of stealing images when it was the exact opposite situation.

I look forward to the day my own websites are popular enough to forego dealing with these people.

rsot 11-21-2014 05:15 AM

Smart move to transition to own websites