eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Thinking about trying stealth but nervous (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/81839-thinking-about-trying-stealth-but-nervous.html)

goingstealthy 01-16-2015 12:12 PM

Thinking about trying stealth but nervous

Hi everyone!

So I had a very successful Etsy shop that was closed due to a misunderstanding. I had emailed the minecraft company to ask for permission to create my own items for sale and had gotten permission from them. They flagged my items on Etsy anyway and then when I went and cleared it up with them Etsy wouldn't open my shop again.

So I am wanting to get back on there, but I am thinking I can't really sell any of the items I had before so I will be making all new items, changing my name so I can't be found.

I guess I am just really nervous to go through all this work and be shut down again. So I am wondering, can it really be done or eventually will it be shut down again?

MM78 01-16-2015 04:23 PM

Re: Thinking about trying stealth but nervous

Here is what I would do:
1. Create your New Etsy Shop
2. Once the shop has been made and it actually doesn't get deleted by etsy, I would contact minecraft and let them know what your new shop's name is. If they ask whose name its in, I would tell them it's your business partners name.
3. IF minecraft gives you the OK then start listing your items.

123 01-16-2015 04:50 PM

Recommend buying the amazon ghost book, etsy wont be much different for going stealth, good luck

goingstealthy 01-16-2015 06:29 PM

I'm staying away from minecraft stuff all together from now on, nothing at all that could be reported for any reason! Just generic items from this point on.

I guess I am just worried that I will get it set up and it will be going fine, and then I'll lose it again, wondering if it's worth getting one up and running again or if I should just work on trying to get the sales up in my other stores?

Problem is I have never ever experienced sales like I did while I was on Etsy in the other stores I sell in, part of me thought just start it up and save all the income from Etsy and do some fun things with it, then if it's gone again oh well, but I woul like to get back to my business making me a real income like it was.

goingstealthy 01-16-2015 06:32 PM

what's the difference between ebay stealth and amazon ghost?

ovidiu 01-18-2015 03:55 PM

Minecraft is a shop-killer on etsy. No matter what they told you, it is the one hand not knowing what the other is doing. And etsy won't care anyway, they don't listen to appeals or emails in general.

yankee 01-20-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goingstealthy (Post 632299)
what's the difference between ebay stealth and amazon ghost?

Amazon is a good bit harder than ebay and requires more steps to reduce risk of linking.

dcbshowstopper 01-21-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goingstealthy (Post 632298)
I'm staying away from minecraft stuff all together from now on, nothing at all that could be reported for any reason! Just generic items from this point on.

I guess I am just worried that I will get it set up and it will be going fine, and then I'll lose it again, wondering if it's worth getting one up and running again or if I should just work on trying to get the sales up in my other stores?

Problem is I have never ever experienced sales like I did while I was on Etsy in the other stores I sell in, part of me thought just start it up and save all the income from Etsy and do some fun things with it, then if it's gone again oh well, but I woul like to get back to my business making me a real income like it was.

If the income is good for you then I think it's worth you setting up another shop. It's time consuming, but it will be worth it in the end. If you get shut down, just apply the stealth tactics and go at it again. I'm in the same boat as you where no other site provides me the kind of income that Etsy does and for that reason I will do the necessary work to get back on there again and again if I'm shut down numerous times. Another thing I will be doing is creating my own website and offer a special there for returning customers in order to lure them from Etsy. You can't be shut out of your own site. LOL

MM78 01-21-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper (Post 633677)
You can't be shut out of your own site. LOL

No but if the item being sold has a Rights Owner or it's Intellectual Property then yes it can be shutdown.

big tymer 01-23-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper (Post 633677)
Another thing I will be doing is creating my own website and offer a special there for returning customers in order to lure them from Etsy. You can't be shut out of your own site. LOL

Regardless of what you sell, you should always have your own site to drive customers off ebay and etsy to.

rsot 01-23-2015 12:17 PM

Minecraft company? Best of luck - they're so popular that they are going to bilk you for what your worth...

dcbshowstopper 01-30-2015 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 633819)
No but if the item being sold has a Rights Owner or it's Intellectual Property then yes it can be shutdown.

I'm aware of this, and I'm not talking about copyright infringement, but whatever it may be that etsy will shut you down for. Point is, there will be no shutting down of the site due to a certain number of infractions the way etsy does. Even if I was talking about infringement, if I were to get a notice of from the owner, then I take the item down, simple as that.

novemberrain1970 01-30-2015 09:23 PM

Et.sy shoots first, and doesn't ask questions or listen to answers. Always have a backup plan and never put all your eggs in one basket, no matter how profitable that basket may be!

RosieTosie 01-31-2015 05:45 AM

Have a go at selling on eBay, learn about the differences, you might find the differences will work well for for you

rsot 02-03-2015 11:28 AM

End of the day, using stealth is up to each person - feeling nervous then don't implement but don't complain about the linking that might occur

big tymer 02-04-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goingstealthy (Post 632201)

I guess I am just really nervous to go through all this work and be shut down again. So I am wondering, can it really be done or eventually will it be shut down again?

They can shut any store down, stealth or non stealth.
Can it be done? Yes it can be done.