eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   My Etsy shop nearly get closed (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/83867-my-etsy-shop-nearly-get-closed.html)

Bubskin 03-15-2015 12:24 AM

My Etsy shop nearly get closed

I have this Etsy shop under my real name since May 2014 but really started working on it on December 2014. I got 4 notices already this year due to copyright items that I sold. The last 2 times it came together with the message threaten they will close my shop if I don't stop this. I didn't know before that Etsy would close my shop and now it's too late to reduce the notices.

My question is should I close down this shop before Etsy ban me and start the new one under my boyfriend's name or should I let it like this until Etsy close it? I read the ebay stealth book, so I have some knowledge about preventing the 2 accounts to be linked. I will make everything new (pictures, description, price,....) and avoid item with copyright.

Also, if I close down this shop before I get banned, will I be able to open a new shop with my name around next month selling different kind of items?

Thank you in advance.

unkown5454 03-15-2015 02:56 AM

Re: My Etsy shop nearly get closed

Keep selling the exact same items and keep expecting to have problems, especially if you are listing trad.emarked/cop.yrighted products.

Making a new account is not going to make you immune when you're selling proh.ibited products.

muzzie 03-15-2015 03:18 AM

Selling protected items is possible, but requires a lot of careful actions, and tons of account to burn. Or you will lose several accounts per day without any profit. Of course, I wont recommend doing this, as it has legal issues, and we here are against any non-legal actions.

Bubskin 03-15-2015 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 650424)
Keep selling the exact same items and keep expecting to have problems, especially if you are listing trad.emarked/cop.yrighted products.

Making a new account is not going to make you immune when you're selling proh.ibited products.

My point is I want to start off clean. I don't want to be involved with copyright products because it doesn't bring so much profit compare to the headache I got. Sorry if I confused you.

muzzie 03-15-2015 03:47 AM

So create a new account, new everything, and start selling clean items. The same as at ebay, but much easier. But... if your current shop is working, you can still use it tio sell clean items, as long as you delete all foggy items from it.

unkown5454 03-15-2015 04:01 AM

Just as muzzie said, if you still have this account live, keep it and remove the proh.ibited items.

Much easier to use an account you already have, especially if you have direct checkout setup.

I run multiple stores and it is very easy to make new accounts if you absolutely have to. Much easier than EB and AZ.