eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Just another IP question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/84945-just-another-ip-question.html)

kswilfong 04-20-2015 12:15 AM

Just another IP question

I know you guys get tired of answering these questions but I've been searching and can't seem to find an answer.

I read ebay stealth an began the steps of building a new etsy identity. Here is what I did:

Created a new windows user account

Gave my router a new Mac address to force my ISP to provide a new IP address. This was a pain and took many attempts but I finally got a new IP.

Made a new email address and added it to PP

Created a new etsy seller account using the above ip, email and user account.

Switched back to my original user name which I had not logged out of (big mistake) and realized that when my router reset my browser pages had refreshed, including my old etsy account.

Am I screwed now with the ip? Do I really need to start all over again? :(
Did I miss anything else? I know I need a new mailing address and visa gift card but I hadn't gotten that far yet.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

123 04-20-2015 01:51 AM

Re: Just another IP question

No way to know for sure really, next time just be more careful and close out of all browsers or at the very least the ebay/etsy page when switching. But yeah just keep using the account, and babying it for a while to lose the 'heat' per say

kswilfong 04-20-2015 06:55 AM

I'm thinking I will change the IP once more just to be safe, but leave everything else alone. I suppose it could be reasoned that both accounts by chance were using a hotspot with that IP. Just a bit of a hassle since I have a Sonos speaker system and I have to reregister each speaker when I change the router mac address.

I have since changed the password and logged out of the old account so I won't accidentally login on any of my devices.

rsot 04-20-2015 07:27 AM

Why don't you consider a computer dedicated to your business? To avoid the speaker stuff...

kswilfong 04-21-2015 12:16 AM

I do have a computer dedicated to my business (mostly). But I work from home on a network with a single ISP. I do have a smartphone though and have been connecting to that lately. The connection is very slow though.