What got you banned on etsy? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 02-07-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Re: What got you banned on etsy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
There is so much Aliexpress on Et.sy is NUTS! I used to have a 2nd shop for that stuff too, but when my 1st shop got banned my 2nd shop did too. So I'll open both back up months apart and of course the ste.alth way baby. Good luck and a tip to the wise.....use a stand response to questions, like....customer...."can you make this in red".......you....."Hi there, thanks for asking. All information can be answered by reading the description". I found this works best....especially for trolling competitors looking to do something to your shop.
Yeah, I clearly stated the sizes/materials...even pictures that I put it next to a ruler for size references. And then I got complains they were smaller/bigger than expected...blah blah...
I don't see why you are so struggled to get new stores? You said you have problems with international address. But guess what? e-itchy would never know. Just ship your stuffs from the US and send a written note in the package telling the buyer that you are currently in the US. A "real buyer" would not care , she would be even happier that she got the order quicker than expected
What are you trying to do with DC?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-17-2019

Longevity: 28%

I was banned for IP infringement. I used key words and my shop was closed. I was growing very fast and didn’t know how vicious Etsy competitors are. Now I’m looking into opening a new account. Not sure on how to yet but I’m here to figure that out.
Old 06-17-2019

People need to stay in their own lane and out of everyone else's business. Did you get a notice from a company or was it a person that reported it? Everyone is so righteous when it comes to IP issues. "How could you steal someone's idea?!" As if using images from a billion dollar company is the same as swiping the artwork of an individual person. "Maybe if sellers stopped infringing, people would buy things from people that are actually creative enough to come up with things on their own!" Sorry Mary Macrame, people not being able to buy products that use popular characters or trademarked words does not equal more sales for you.
"****, I can't buy an unlicensed Disney shirt?! I guess I'll go buy this beautiful homemade wooden sign" - Nobody Ever

Rant over
Old 06-21-2019

Longevity: 30%

I got banned because I couldn’t handle the amount of orders I was getting.

They removed my listings from search in to give me time to catch up on stuff that was overdue but then within four months my orders got crazy again and people started opening cases. I think when my shop got shut down I had 6 cases opened. I just didn’t have anybody to help me and a certain range of products I was making was very popular.

What pissed me off is they refunded people who had received their orders and stuck me with the bill, which I refused to pay. I made that clear and I haven’t heard from them since. I get an email every couple or months to say my bill is ready to view.

I actually miss not having that popular product in my stealth shop because the revenue they bought in was crazy. Also I miss making things because my stealth shop is strictly POD. The profit is lower but it means I don’t have to physically make anything so there is no way for me fall under that pressure again.
Old 06-21-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

pay your bill,Etsy makes it possible for you to sell,
Old 06-21-2019

it is not ETSY fault you cant fill your order,if you cant,then you should remove the listings until you catch up with your backorder.
stop whining
Old 06-21-2019

i got banned because the seller never shipped the item and i did a chargeback
Old 06-24-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
I know other sellers go after shops. I've had 2 very successful shops on etsy the past year and both got shutdown. I had a 3rd shop that I created with stealth but I just signed onto it on my VPN and it's showing suspended as well. I'm not sure how it was linked.
When you open a store, pretend you have opened an etsy store for the first time in your life. Click on each page of the store, browse, read. Do not show that you are an SEO expert when opening the first products, let the first products look simple. Change mac address of the computer. Use VPN. Don't use the same photos when you open the store. Or add something to your photos, or remove. Rename pictures and delete background data.

You will be fine.
Old 06-24-2019

There is a retired antique dealer who exposed Etsy sellers selling antique,handmade,vintage items when in fact they are new from ALIEXPRESS.
This dealer is mean,she has a website and she even copied the items,pictures ,etsy seller id and give the $ you pay if you buy it on Ali.
and she will keep checking your store and keep posting when you add more Ali items.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
pothos (06-24-2019)
Old 06-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
it is not ETSY fault you cant fill your order,if you cant,then you should remove the listings until you catch up with your backorder.
stop whining
Sorry at which point did you hear me moaning about being shut down for not doing what I was meant to do? I fully accept my reason for being shut down. The post said what got you banned and I answered. I never said it was Etsy’s fault at all.

If you read it correctly you will see that I said I was annoyed that they refunded orders that had been received by customers and expected me to pay for that. I have every right to moan on that basis.

Am I right in saying that you are whining about someone pointing out those who are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods and deceiving unsuspecting customers? If that is why a shop got shut then Etsy did their job in my opinion.
Old 06-26-2019

do you have proof you have delivered the goods to the customers when customers claim they have not received the goods?
Item not received dispute is usually resolved by showing an online viewable tracking number from a commercial carrier,if $750 or more,signed for.
For intl shipment,Etsy policy is that you show a shipping label proving you have shipped is good enough,not necessarily delivered(unless etsy has changed its policy).
if you accept credit card payments,you are expected to ship within 24 hours,thats why mail order company does not charge you cc until they are ready to ship,and Federal trade rule expect most orders to be shipped within 30 days.
Old 06-26-2019

if you do not like Etsy policy or credit card rule,do not sell on ETSY and do not accept credit card or paypal,set up your own website,and accept money order,personal check.postal order.
There was a time most sellers do not have way to accept credit cards,all payments are mailed -money order,postal orders,cash,personal check or wire transfer
Old 06-27-2019

Again, I never said anything about not liking their policies.

Yes, I have proof of customers receiving their orders and I even had one email me to say they were confused that they received their products and then a refund later.

A customer may open a case just because their order hasn’t arrived when they think it should. When it does arrive unfortunately they don’t always come back to update the case. As my shop was shut down I assume they just automatically refunded the open cases and open orders.

I asked them why they were adding the fees to my account but kept getting the same generic responses so I stopped bothering. The fact that I have proof of everything I delivered is probably why they haven’t done anything else.

Etsy’s policy/credit card rule is not “ship your orders and we will refund the customer anyway”. That is what I had a problem with. Nothing else.

You seem to still be confused about what I mean for some reason

I do not have a problem with them or their rules. I wouldn’t be on here if I did. My stealth shop has been going for 4 months now and everything is running smooth and fingers crossed it stays that way. Looking forward to my Black Friday/Christmas sales already!

Good luck with A.Express