eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Etsy Question (I have the ebook) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/85696-etsy-question-i-have-ebook.html)

puma007 05-12-2015 11:27 AM

Etsy Question (I have the ebook)

My account was permanently suspended yesterday for yeah you guessed it copyright, made a few items with a green O and they thought it was copyright for the Oregon ducks.

I will be creating a new stealth account and my question is doesn't etsy asks for SSN# before starting a seller account I created mine (the one that got suspended) over a year ago and I remember that they asked me to provide my SSN# before creating the account.

Does anyone remember this?

Btw I will be using the direct checkout option not PP.

Thanks and Best Regards!

whiteberry 05-12-2015 12:05 PM

Re: Etsy Question (I have the ebook)

I believe as you are in the U.S. you won't be able to use direct checkout again. You can set up a stealth but will have to accept PayPal as payment.

ovidiu 05-13-2015 01:07 PM

Sorry buddy, but you're NEVER going to be using direct checkout again. Period. That is a one-time shot with etsy. Get used to PP only.

ytowngirl126 05-13-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puma007 (Post 668709)
My account was permanently suspended yesterday for yeah you guessed it copyright, made a few items with a green O and they thought it was copyright for the Oregon ducks.

I will be creating a new stealth account and my question is doesn't etsy asks for SSN# before starting a seller account I created mine (the one that got suspended) over a year ago and I remember that they asked me to provide my SSN# before creating the account.

Does anyone remember this?

Btw I will be using the direct checkout option not PP.

Thanks and Best Regards!

I can tell you from personal experience that the company that owns the trademarks for Oregon, Kentucky and U of Miami have been going after people. I just got my shop suspended because of Miami stuff.

ovidiu 05-13-2015 05:31 PM

The NCAA owns the trademarks, and yes, they do enforce them vigorously, much more so than the average NFL team.

unkown5454 05-13-2015 06:58 PM

People on Et/sy are no different than the Chinese when it comes to slapping logos and tradem.arked designs on anything and everything and then trying to profit from it.

I have no sympathy for that as you never acquired the proper license to do so and your profits are solely generated from the use of property you do not have rights to.

puma007 05-13-2015 07:56 PM

Do you guys have luck with PP on Etsy?

I've only used pp on eby and they were really tight since it was the same company.

ytowngirl126 05-13-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puma007 (Post 669199)
Do you guys have luck with PP on Etsy?

I've only used pp on eby and they were really tight since it was the same company.

You shouldn't have a problem with paypal. I used 3 different paypal address linked to the same account.

unkown5454 05-13-2015 10:18 PM

PP is fine.

rsot 05-14-2015 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 669152)
The NCAA owns the trademarks, and yes, they do enforce them vigorously, much more so than the average NFL team.

Second that notion.

GreenBean 05-14-2015 04:17 AM

Second that for the third time.

ytowngirl126 05-14-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 669175)
People on Et/sy are no different than the Chinese when it comes to slapping logos and tradem.arked designs on anything and everything and then trying to profit from it.

I have no sympathy for that as you never acquired the proper license to do so and your profits are solely generated from the use of property you do not have rights to.

I had the proper licensing and was still shutdown. I purchased from a licensed dealer in the US to resell and was told that I would still have to buy a license from this company that owns the actual licensing for a few schools. I had all the proper paperwork stating I can sell these items officially. Etsy doesn't care though.

rsot 05-14-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 (Post 669357)
I had the proper licensing and was still shutdown. I purchased from a licensed dealer in the US to resell and was told that I would still have to buy a license from this company that owns the actual licensing for a few schools. I had all the proper paperwork stating I can sell these items officially. Etsy doesn't care though.

Whether or not Etsy cares, you should take the moves to get that license and solidify your company. The competition is rough at Etsy

ytowngirl126 05-14-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 669371)
Whether or not Etsy cares, you should take the moves to get that license and solidify your company. The competition is rough at Etsy

Well thing is I was shut down by Etsy. I have my own website and eBay and do pretty well. Etsy though was really good. I know with another store it would throw up flags to Etsy that I'm the same person selling the same licensed material. Sucks but it is what it is.

unkown5454 05-14-2015 12:33 PM

Well then, those aren't handmade by you either. So, that's another reason they can use against you.

ytowngirl126 05-14-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 669395)
Well then, those aren't handmade by you either. So, that's another reason they can use against you.

It's a craft supply which is allowed. Problem is just because someone sends in a DMCA doesn't mean they are right and it's worthless because Etsy won't even investigate. They sent 4 notices at once which is why they shut down my store. I hadn't even had a previous warning. How can I argue with etsy though?

unkown5454 05-14-2015 10:28 PM

You can't. They don't care. Unfortunately, they take a completely hands-off approach and just assume the person making the claim is legitimate.

ytowngirl126 05-15-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 669522)
You can't. They don't care. Unfortunately, they take a completely hands-off approach and just assume the person making the claim is legitimate.

I always wondered if it's possible a competitor just fills out the form and emails it to etsy.

rsot 05-15-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 (Post 669606)
I always wondered if it's possible a competitor just fills out the form and emails it to etsy.

Or just an e-mail or so - could be a simple reporting procedure.

unkown5454 05-15-2015 05:04 PM

You can file f@ke DMCA's all day long if you want to combat competitors. You just have to look professional and agree to assume any liability that happens should a la.wsuit ensue.

Since I don't understand enough about the law and don't have money to keep lawyers in my back pocket, it's not something I would venture in to. But, people making f@ke claims happens 24/7 and since the average person is ignorant to DMCA laws, the claims never get challenged and the trolls making f@ke claims just keep on trucking.