eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   New etsy account impossible now (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/92559-new-etsy-account-impossible-now.html)

nakamuru 01-03-2016 04:13 AM

New etsy account impossible now

Well I'm sure there is work around it but new accounts on etsy seems impossible due to the new direct checkout requirement. I was able to do paypal alone and generated lot of sales but i wasn't able to fufill them so i got banned (should have spent more hours so it didn't happen but then again i needed the sleep). Anyways, I guess etsy registration is becoming like ebay? I thought it wasn't gonna change but considering that this site is growing bigger and better I guess it makes sense. So question is since SS and bank statement is required, anyone able to register recently? (if you already got banned that is)

manoverde 01-03-2016 12:58 PM

Re: New etsy account impossible now

What you can do is use VPN and open a shop on other country, This way you will have the option to open a new shop without direct checkout.
Just make sure follow the steps here at the forum to avoid get link.

New images, Take diferent angles
delete exif data
VPN
VMware
New descriptions
New card to open the new shop and pay fees
New name etc...

brandnewboss 01-03-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 733605)
generated lot of sales but i wasn't able to fufill them so i got banned (should have spent more hours so it didn't happen but then again i needed the sleep).

You got banned for sleeping? how long did you sleep for a week?

manoverde 01-03-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewboss (Post 733706)
You got banned for sleeping? how long did you sleep for a week?

lol....
He really needs to love this job.

nakamuru 01-03-2016 08:13 PM

I do. I got many orders just that I was doing my day job as well. so I would be sleeping at like 3 am with monster drink.. Just couldn't fufill the orders so got cases against me and booted me..

manoverde 01-03-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 733824)
I do. I got many orders just that I was doing my day job as well. so I would be sleeping at like 3 am with monster drink.. Just couldn't fufill the orders so got cases against me and booted me..

I understand that, But you must know that when you sell on etsy big sales can come so you have to be ready.

nakamuru 01-03-2016 08:16 PM

you mentioned
What you can do is use VPN and open a shop on other country, This way you will have the option to open a new shop without direct checkout.

delete exif data
VPN
VMware
New descriptions
New name etc...

So if I do VPN and open shop let say in Canada the VPN should be in Canada right? But If I use a card like vanilla visa I would have to get a Canada vanilla card because us one only lets you register usa. I did see vanilla visa has a Canada one (not sure how I'm able to obtain it.. I did check ebay with no luck)

manoverde 01-03-2016 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 733826)
you mentioned

delete exif data
VPN
VMware
New descriptions
New name etc...

So if I do VPN and open shop let say in Canada the VPN should be in Canada right? But If I use a card like vanilla visa I would have to get a Canada vanilla card because us one only lets you register usa. I did see vanilla visa has a Canada one (not sure how I'm able to obtain it.. I did check ebay with no luck)

No need to use that card, I use Entropay and works good for any country.

nakamuru 01-03-2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoverde (Post 733825)
I understand that, But you must know that when you sell on etsy big sales can come so you have to be ready.

well now I know.. I actually should have made like lot of accounts before didn't think etsy would do the whole direct checkout stuff.. maybe this round I will.. but the tricky part is how if i'm gonna go the international route way..

nakamuru 01-03-2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoverde (Post 733827)

interesting.. glad you are on this board.. now the questions is.. have you done the international yet? I'm trying to plead with etsy to overturn my previous account due to high cases.. I'm trying to mention it was holidays etc..

I will look into entropay. thank you

nakamuru 01-03-2016 08:29 PM

New images, Take diferent angles ------------(checked)
delete exif data ------------(checked)
VPN ------------(checked) (so Canada.. have vpn as Canada right? Sometimes VPN is so off.. I chose Seattle ended up in California but still worked).

VMware
New descriptions ------------(checked)
New card to open the new shop and pay fees ------------(checked)
New name etc... ------------(checked)

Googled VMware I guess its a cloud service? I'm not sure what this (I know cloud but not sure the purpose of this)

manoverde 01-03-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 733834)
New images, Take diferent angles ------------(checked)
delete exif data ------------(checked)
VPN ------------(checked) (so Canada.. have vpn as Canada right? Sometimes VPN is so off.. I chose Seattle ended up in California but still worked).

VMware
New descriptions ------------(checked)
New card to open the new shop and pay fees ------------(checked)
New name etc... ------------(checked)

Googled VMware I guess its a cloud service? I'm not sure what this (I know cloud but not sure the purpose of this)

Please read my pre check list to make sure you avoid any problems this will help you a lot.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-di...tips-etsy.html

nakamuru 01-03-2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoverde (Post 733836)
Please read my pre check list to make sure you avoid any problems this will help you a lot.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-di...tips-etsy.html

Great thanks for the lead
So my lesson learned is:

If you have a working etsy account, do everything you can to not only fill you order but be on top of everything (emails, returns, questions etc..) I was kind of blindsided about etsys new direct checkout. But I'm sure this will get my act together now. Move over date night, it's get to work night =}

nakamuru 01-03-2016 08:49 PM

but just wondering what VMware is.. maybe i need to do more check

brandnewboss 01-03-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 733840)

It's VMware workstation, I don't know if you'll need that for etsy though, windows users should be good enough.

manoverde 01-03-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 733840)

VMware is a workstation where you can install more windows inside your windows.
This option is very good to avoid to get linked, But sure you can make new users on your computer and will work fine. Just remember to read the pre check list and track each of your IP.

jackdrogba 01-03-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoverde (Post 733827)

great tips, I know AVS will check the entropay vcc and zip code, my question is : how to choose the zip code? Is the zip code the same with when I registered entropay? or the zip code match the billing address?

nakamuru 01-04-2016 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdrogba (Post 733871)
great tips, I know AVS will check the entropay vcc and zip code, my question is : how to choose the zip code? Is the zip code the same with when I registered entropay? or the zip code match the billing address?

So is AVS like some verification 3rd party service? So if I do a international country, I think some countries don't have zipcode so not sure where to put that.. Either way, I think one of you guys were able to get an account after the DC change right?

brandnewboss 01-04-2016 02:29 AM

AVS = Address Verification System

etselle 02-02-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdrogba (Post 733871)

Good question!