eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   tax id (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/93269-tax-id.html)

kenk85 01-23-2016 02:14 AM

tax id

In a nutshell, I created a stealth account last year. It's been very successful. I'm only accepting paypal obviously.

With all the changes and forcing people to sign up with direct checkout , it won't be long before they require all shops to do it.

I have a visa prepaid card. The name on the account is mine. All my info except my address.

It comes with a routing number and account number. If I were to use that for direct checkout, will they require the last four digits of my social and will they see my banned name?

Also, if I were to use a family members information to sign up for direct checkout, in the direct checkout policy, it states you must provide an EIN (tax id number... I think that's what an EIN is.) If you sell more than 150 items a year which I do. I obviously can't have the family member claiming she makes this money on her taxes when she doesn't.

And if I can use the routing and account, won't they link me with the tax id?

I'm very worried!

yankee 01-23-2016 09:32 AM

Re: tax id

Get an EIN.... Open a bank account etc..

Never use someone elses info.

kenk85 01-24-2016 12:48 AM

Can you link me or explain how an EIN works with a bank account?

I use my own information?

Etsy is obviously going to check information when I link my bank account and I'm not sure I can use an EIN instead of a social.

yankee 01-24-2016 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenk85 (Post 741231)
Can you link me or explain how an EIN works with a bank account?

I use my own information?

Etsy is obviously going to check information when I link my bank account and I'm not sure I can use an EIN instead of a social.

You can not get linked by bank or the account holders unless that bank account was already used on etsy before.

An EIN is a Corporation, LLC, Trust, etc... It is its own entity. Its own "being" as some would say.

Gamble 02-02-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 741293)
You can not get linked by bank or the account holders unless that bank account was already used on etsy before.

An EIN is a Corporation, LLC, Trust, etc... It is its own entity. Its own "being" as some would say.

Can't use EIN anymore without sending et.sy your DL and proof of the business. They require. I tried sending DL and "proofing" over the top of the DL "for etsy use only" and they called me on it. Saying they needed an unproofed copy so they can see everything!

Gamble 02-02-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenk85 (Post 740957)
In a nutshell, I created a stealth account last year. It's been very successful. I'm only accepting paypal obviously.

With all the changes and forcing people to sign up with direct checkout , it won't be long before they require all shops to do it.

I have a visa prepaid card. The name on the account is mine. All my info except my address.

It comes with a routing number and account number. If I were to use that for direct checkout, will they require the last four digits of my social and will they see my banned name?

Also, if I were to use a family members information to sign up for direct checkout, in the direct checkout policy, it states you must provide an EIN (tax id number... I think that's what an EIN is.) If you sell more than 150 items a year which I do. I obviously can't have the family member claiming she makes this money on her taxes when she doesn't.

And if I can use the routing and account, won't they link me with the tax id?

I'm very worried!

Can't use EIN anymore without sending et.sy your DL and proof of the business. They require. I tried sending DL and "proofing" over the top of the DL "for etsy use only" and they called me on it. Saying they needed an unproofed copy so they can see everything!
Edit/Delete Message