eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   List more to get on the 1st page of ets search... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/94263-list-more-get-1st-page-ets-search.html)

etsyrefugive 02-26-2016 11:29 PM

List more to get on the 1st page of ets search...

Some sellers are quite pure lucky on ets. They only need a few, usually less than 20 items and their stuffs got on the first page of search, and they do not pay extra for ads at all. While others need to list hundreds or thousands + pay for ads. I use to sell fairly well without paying any ads, and I had less than 100 listings. Now none of my items is on the first page and I have around 1000 listings. any ideas? I'm thinking about switching to AZ handmade. But the outlook seems gray

jackdrogba 02-28-2016 08:35 PM

Re: List more to get on the 1st page of ets search...

etsyrefugive 02-29-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdrogba (Post 751178)

Etsie seems to have killed all the forums related to this matter; but I have read a lot of them in the past ( and none of them were helpful or true, unfortunately). Now all the links are killed. Etsie has their own advices in their seller guidelines but those are bull****. They just wrote those rules so people would stop asking. I think now they just want ad money to pour in for them. It's just a game of luck. I saw may sellers with titles & tags completely against the etsie official guides & against all the info from forums but their products always ranked first. They must have some secrets or they are extremely lucky.

Gamble 03-02-2016 09:26 AM

I just st.althed an et.sy shop about 3 days ago. I only added about 20 items. It's in the new clothing for kids area, my shop doesn't show up at all even when you search for it and non of my listing show up at all? I passed all the "privacy" test and the shop is up and I have received any emails stating the shop has been ban.ned. Any thoughts as to why nothing is showing?

etsyrefugive 03-02-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamble (Post 751716)
I just st.althed an et.sy shop about 3 days ago. I only added about 20 items. It's in the new clothing for kids area, my shop doesn't show up at all even when you search for it and non of my listing show up at all? I passed all the "privacy" test and the shop is up and I have received any emails stating the shop has been ban.ned. Any thoughts as to why nothing is showing?

I also can not see my store or listings in search sometimes. I think it's quite normal. And you store has been up for only 3 days so just wait? As long as you can still log into your store than it's there.

Gladiator 03-02-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamble (Post 751716)

Was this the one you told me about in PM or a different type of store?

If my listings don't show within 1 hour of posting I assume I am getting bot-caught. Can you search inside your own store? If not, you are flagged.

Gamble 03-05-2016 10:40 AM

I sent you PM.

Dre 06-21-2016 01:53 AM

Put your shop on vacation sometimes this helps keep bots off your shop and snitches

Haidukken 06-21-2016 03:15 AM

Bots and stores? Wut?

Please do explain.

I've got a small store and I actually handmake my items as a hobby- I sell well, but I only have 8 listings.

Please do explain about the bot stuff, I'd appreciate it.

Bubskin 06-22-2016 09:46 AM

Some of my listings are on the first page of very popular keyword search. My shop had around 3,500 views a day. I never used paid ads (tried it for a few days, didn't bring any sale). The information in their SEO guide helps a lot. You can go to the guide from the listing page. You can look the competitors who are on the first page and see how they word the title and tags. Good pictures also help since it attract customers to click on your listing and hopefully convert to sale. The more people who search, click, and buy, the better the ranking. Also, if some popular websites share your listing, the ranking gets boost up instantly. I worked quite hard to bring my listings on the first page. There was nothing about pure luck. It doesn't matter how many items you have in your shop.

newjerseymax 06-22-2016 09:51 AM

If they are using conversion rates then this could be the main reason...

This is how many people click on your item and how many people buy after viewing... This is simple explanation. If you have lots of clicks, with low conversion this could hurt your standings.

etsyrefugive 07-08-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubskin (Post 781596)
Some of my listings are on the first page of very popular keyword search. My shop had around 3,500 views a day. I never used paid ads (tried it for a few days, didn't bring any sale). The information in their SEO guide helps a lot. You can go to the guide from the listing page. You can look the competitors who are on the first page and see how they word the title and tags. Good pictures also help since it attract customers to click on your listing and hopefully convert to sale. The more people who search, click, and buy, the better the ranking. Also, if some popular websites share your listing, the ranking gets boost up instantly. I worked quite hard to bring my listings on the first page. There was nothing about pure luck. It doesn't matter how many items you have in your shop.

There IS such thing as PURE LUCK. Millions sellers read the guide and follow rules to the T, do you think all of them get on the 1st page? NO. Only a FEW LUCKY ones.
When I first stated, I threw ****s on there and make nearly $10,000/month. I only read the guide and study about eatsy rules after I got kicked from wrongfully infringement strikes from nasty competitors. Follow rules to the T, always ended up nowhere to be found. Now I got busier because I found a category that only have 3 pages on search with only 3 stores so I got the sales.

Bubskin 08-07-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsyrefugive (Post 784938)
There IS such thing as PURE LUCK. Millions sellers read the guide and follow rules to the T, do you think all of them get on the 1st page? NO. Only a FEW LUCKY ones.
When I first stated, I threw ****s on there and make nearly $10,000/month. I only read the guide and study about eatsy rules after I got kicked from wrongfully infringement strikes from nasty competitors. Follow rules to the T, always ended up nowhere to be found. Now I got busier because I found a category that only have 3 pages on search with only 3 stores so I got the sales.

Well maybe for you it was luck. For me it wasn't. At first I worked quite hard researching products and SEO. After the shop got more than 50 ratings, the sale just come automatically. I made around $15k profit a month on a very competitive category. My item was on the first page of keyword "harry potter" and a few other popular one.

Joegrass 08-13-2016 12:52 PM

I had success matching title, tags and description. my title would be essentially my tags separated with a comma. Try to throw some of your tags in your description.

secina 08-19-2016 02:08 PM

I had two shops for the same items. Exactly the same prices.

However; the first one was getting around 30 from search terms. (71 products)
the second was getting around 60 from search terms. (250 products)
The same 500 tags... Almost the same quality of photos, description...

However; the first one was selling +50% more than the second one. I dont know why, but the first shop was getting more visits from etsy app + promoted views + home page, bla bla..

Etsy's algorithm is not JUST ABOUT keywords, tags, etc. If the algorithm desires, then it shows your item somewhere else... Taking a place on the first page is not the most important thing.

Sales make bigger addition to a listing more than tagging, keywording, etc..