etsy questions.. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 03-13-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Re: etsy questions..

The worse thing now, is that they have people reading sites like these and their 'hipster brooklin dufus' with their stupid little hats are in charge and close accounts based on your competitor's complaints, they close any threads that can be 'informative as well'. And is always after someone says...oh maybe you should to discuss that here...
This how they continue to change their policies to make it harder to have a stealth account. Waiting for the other shoe to drop, is too much of a pain in the butt
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
So you can't use a po box on et sy now?
No, the AVS verifies right away a PO Box address BUT only at SIGNUP. You can change the address to a PO Box for the returns after your acct goes live.
Old 03-15-2016

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
No, the AVS verifies right away a PO Box address BUT only at SIGNUP. You can change the address to a PO Box for the returns after your acct goes live.
How were you able to use any address other than your own with the verification system? I'm tying to open a second shop on etsy and desperately need help.
Old 03-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper View Post
How were you able to use any address other than your own with the verification system? I'm tying to open a second shop on etsy and desperately need help.
What do you mean - register the card to stealth address?
Old 03-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What do you mean - register the card to stealth address?
Right, I'm wondering how they were able to use a stealth address and make it through the verification process while having to provide the last four digits of their social security number as well as bank account info
Old 03-16-2016
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Right, I'm wondering how they were able to use a stealth address and make it through the verification process while having to provide the last four digits of their social security number as well as bank account info
You can, and I have no idea if this works, add it to your credit reports online. The address is associated with your SSN now. Now, it's all legit...just legit you not normally where you are you. This probably only works a few times though, unless you a have a super common name.
Old 03-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
You can, and I have no idea if this works, add it to your credit reports online. The address is associated with your SSN now. Now, it's all legit...just legit you not normally where you are you. This probably only works a few times though, unless you a have a super common name.
Hmmm, I was sitting back and thinking about how a person can just up and move and their address could change without it being on their credit. I thought the last four digit of the ssn thing was to verify that you are who you say you are. Thing is I burned my ssn but I never used my wife's. I'm wondering if I can use my wife's name and ssn with a stealth address (we file jointly on taxes anyway). If so, then the question for me is how do I get around the bank account part?

I have two accounts up and running, but one of them has been hit a few times with the infringement stuff, so I stopped selling about a year ago before they could possibly hit me with another one. I wanted to open up a brand new shop selling something completely different that won't even have the potential for someone to come in and say I used their stuff. If I can't get the new account open, I guess I will have to use my old account and hope for the best since I won't be infringing on anyone's property. It would just feel good to not have to worry about being shut down.
Old 10-26-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Hmmm, I was sitting back and thinking about how a person can just up and move and their address could change without it being on their credit. I thought the last four digit of the ssn thing was to verify that you are who you say you are. Thing is I burned my ssn but I never used my wife's. I'm wondering if I can use my wife's name and ssn with a stealth address (we file jointly on taxes anyway). If so, then the question for me is how do I get around the bank account part?

I have two accounts up and running, but one of them has been hit a few times with the infringement stuff, so I stopped selling about a year ago before they could possibly hit me with another one. I wanted to open up a brand new shop selling something completely different that won't even have the potential for someone to come in and say I used their stuff. If I can't get the new account open, I guess I will have to use my old account and hope for the best since I won't be infringing on anyone's property. It would just feel good to not have to worry about being shut down.
So have you successfully make a stealth account with your wife's SSN? I am thinking about the same thing...
Old 07-19-2022

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoverde View Post
I got does type of messages on the past, And let me tell you.
If they contact you they will ask you to proof that you really make does items.

Or you will get a simple message where it says that you can never sell on etsy again.

If you had products that where risky so thats the mistake you can't give them in any chance to think does items where not handmade.

You better read there terms and services first before opening a new account again.

At this moment i have 30 shops running with no problem and where open 2 months ago.
Nice to meet you, are your 30+ stores still around? thanks
Old 07-20-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgzhijie View Post
Belated welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 07-21-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgzhijie View Post
Old thread.... from 2016
Old 07-31-2022

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoverde View Post
I got does type of messages on the past, And let me tell you.
If they contact you they will ask you to proof that you really make does items.

Or you will get a simple message where it says that you can never sell on etsy again.
Not in my experience, but this was with an aged account I turned into a seller account.

I was selling copyrighted manufactured high-value goods, and got my account un-suspended TWICE, once because my CC denied a $400 refund, paid the balance and emailed support, they unsuspended me.

Once again I was suspended for a chargeback on a purchase, and had my account manually reviewed and unsuspended while I had my shop going full steam, 10 listings live, $8000 in revenue from products that were technically not allowed under "handmade". This was from December 2021, until last month.

Guess the game is a bit different now? Didnt think I was so special.

Lets see... Im going to get back on there and try to peddle some wares, Ill report back.
Old 07-31-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa7z5 View Post
Lets see... Im going to get back on there and try to peddle some wares, Ill report back.
Best of luck
Old 01-30-2023

Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa7z5 View Post
Not in my experience, but this was with an aged account I turned into a seller account.

I was selling copyrighted manufactured high-value goods, and got my account un-suspended TWICE, once because my CC denied a $400 refund, paid the balance and emailed support, they unsuspended me.

Once again I was suspended for a chargeback on a purchase, and had my account manually reviewed and unsuspended while I had my shop going full steam, 10 listings live, $8000 in revenue from products that were technically not allowed under "handmade". This was from December 2021, until last month.

Guess the game is a bit different now? Didnt think I was so special.

Can you give us an update man?