eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Two Etsy sellers and one IP address. Help! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/94643-two-etsy-sellers-one-ip-address-help.html)

fullxdull 03-13-2016 07:13 PM

Two Etsy sellers and one IP address. Help!

Hi,

I’m a jewelry designer located in NY and I sell jewelry on Etsy.

My girlfriend (who is also a jewelry designer) recently moved in with me and she also wants to open up an Etsy shop with her own computer, banking account, PO BOX (as her mailing and billing address, different than mine) and ssn.

But I just came across Etsy's multishop policy saying that a person can not have two shops that are selling same or similar types of items.

Since we will both be selling jewelries and have similar style of design under same public IP address, Etsy might consider our shops are owned by same person. I’ve also heard that if a shop get suspended for whatever reason, any shop with same IP address also get suspended. We don't want our shops to get suspended so we decided to get another IP address to be on the safe side.

Currently I’m using a Time Warner cable for internet and paying $70. I called them and asked for an another public IP address but they said I need to open up an another account for another $70 and get a separate modem.:noidea:

Do you think it's better off to open up a new account and get a fresh new IP address just for my girlfriend’s computer and her Etsy shop? Do you have any other suggestions? We both use mac computers.

Many thanks in advance.

zenohki 03-17-2016 06:09 AM

Re: Two Etsy sellers and one IP address. Help!

Hi there,

Have one of you considered doing all your E--y online work via your mobile phones connection? That's how I did my first trial stealth. Turn off your mobiles wifi link, and then use it as a tethering/mobile hotspot via a usb cable. as long as you have enough monthly data available on your contract you should have everything you need.

mtproducts 03-17-2016 07:04 AM

If you're looking for a Fresh IP, she could just use your internet and sign into a VPN, she could then just use the VPN to get a new IP.

Every time she logged in she would need to make sure the VPN is working and sending the right IP, i use 'IP in menu bar', which is a program which shows which IP's you're connected to, this makes is easy to keep a close eye on which ip you are using.

You'll also need to make sure you're using a 'VPN WITH FRESH IP ADDRESS; search the forum or google to find a couple of people which do VPN with clean IP's.

Also the option of using a mobile phone would also work, if you're only looking to have one account, hope this helps.

dcbshowstopper 03-17-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtproducts (Post 755312)
If you're looking for a Fresh IP, she could just use your internet and sign into a VPN, she could then just use the VPN to get a new IP.

Every time she logged in she would need to make sure the VPN is working and sending the right IP, i use 'IP in menu bar', which is a program which shows which IP's you're connected to, this makes is easy to keep a close eye on which ip you are using.

You'll also need to make sure you're using a 'VPN WITH FRESH IP ADDRESS; search the forum or google to find a couple of people which do VPN with clean IP's.

Also the option of using a mobile phone would also work, if you're only looking to have one account, hope this helps.

From what I've been reading on this forum, a VPN is the way to go. There's a member here who provides them for a low monthly rate ($10 per month is the most expensive one). There's also free software that ensures that you won't drop the VPN and expose your real IP address. After reading all of the comments from everyone using it, I'm convinced that it's the best option and super easy. Link to the VPN thread below:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-ac...-provider.html

dcbshowstopper 03-17-2016 07:35 AM

Also, from what I understand you guys can't use a po box address as a billing address on Etsy. She will have to use a legit address.

chicagoIL 03-17-2016 11:34 AM

I'm sure your friend is a wonderful person but she's human and will forget to log in from another IP. You can bank on it. If her account on et sy gets suspended, yours will too. If she uses your street address, the accounts are now linked. So she can't use your street address either unless you are ok with possibly losing your account and having to go stealth.

I would explain how accounts are linked and that the same IP or street address is all it takes. Use your account as the reason.
Tell her you wouldn't want to have a problem with a buyer of yours and have it be the reason her shop is shut down.

suggest these:

1) she gets her own mailbox at UPS or mailbox etc. Then she would have to pay for her own internet connection so she is not logging in from yours.
Or
2) she gets her own street address and goes to an internet cafe to do her et sy stuff.
3) she sell something different from you and you open another et sy store and let her use it

zenohki 03-18-2016 06:19 AM

Could she not keep say her old address listed or use maybe her parents address for her business address? How many returns do you get? Personally I try to keep it to 0.

If you want to use the phone tethering option like I do (as a freebie internet connection rather than paying for a new contract) you could do what I do.

Basically have two profiles on your computer, one for pleasure and general work stuff that never, EVER accesses E--y for any reason. And one profile that is pure E--y work only for uploads and putting order details into a spreadsheet, , this profile does not automatically hook up to your homes wifi. So if I want to use internet on that profile I have to hook my phone up, and before I do anything on that account I check my IP to make sure its not my main wifi IP.

Worked for me so far in my first year, no mistakes at all. :)

rsot 03-18-2016 06:38 AM

Welcome to the forums OP - read the stealth guide - grasp principles of operating without links - browse forums - it works well.

Gamble 03-30-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullxdull (Post 754350)
Hi,

I’m a jewelry designer located in NY and I sell jewelry on Etsy.

My girlfriend (who is also a jewelry designer) recently moved in with me and she also wants to open up an Etsy shop with her own computer, banking account, PO BOX (as her mailing and billing address, different than mine) and ssn.

But I just came across Etsy's multishop policy saying that a person can not have two shops that are selling same or similar types of items.

Since we will both be selling jewelries and have similar style of design under same public IP address, Etsy might consider our shops are owned by same person. I’ve also heard that if a shop get suspended for whatever reason, any shop with same IP address also get suspended. We don't want our shops to get suspended so we decided to get another IP address to be on the safe side.

Currently I’m using a Time Warner cable for internet and paying $70. I called them and asked for an another public IP address but they said I need to open up an another account for another $70 and get a separate modem.:noidea:

Do you think it's better off to open up a new account and get a fresh new IP address just for my girlfriend’s computer and her Etsy shop? Do you have any other suggestions? We both use mac computers.

Many thanks in advance.

1. Have her turn her cell into a wifi and use it for the ip. She doesn't have to go anywhere to do her business....JUST DON'T EVER FORGET TO TURN ON THE WIFI BEFORE YOU LOG INTO ET....SY.
2. Do NOT PO Box as a an addresses, this will get flagged. You can update on the backside in the settings once the shop is set up. She should use an address that is on her credit report to sign up so they don't ask for ID.
3. Don't worry about bank details, the bank can't give out info to et...sy for any reason, unless a warrant is issued.