eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Sell non handmade staff on etsy? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/96008-sell-non-handmade-staff-etsy.html)

fantomas0405 05-02-2016 05:02 AM

Sell non handmade staff on etsy?

I was wondering how likely it is for an etsy account to be taken down if you sell not handmade items but obviously you mark them as handmade? I know in the past etsy was very restrictive about this but it seems they have lately somehow relaxed their policies on that to increase the size of their marketplace and make more $$$.
Before i started listing there I saw several products from other sellers that for sure could not be handmade so i started a shop..any thoughts?

MM78 05-02-2016 08:48 AM

Re: Sell non handmade staff on etsy?

Try it out....let us know what happened.

fantomas0405 05-02-2016 10:45 AM

I am already there slowly uploading products
2 days ago i made my first sale so i am getting more excited now
I quite like the site and for sure it has traffic
I just hope they dont close me down though

zenohki 05-03-2016 02:12 AM

Its a risky thing to do as competitors will rat you out. If you can show Et.sy that you have made it by hand then you can probably get away with it, but I would say once the ball gets rolling for you, you will be reported. Good luck though! I know there are many Et.sy sellers that are just china imports. :)

Play 05-03-2016 07:07 AM

Sort of goes against their slogan lol, doesn't it?

zenohki 05-03-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 767672)
Sort of goes against their slogan lol, doesn't it?

When you consider how many products they must have on that site, I'm not surprised they don't do anything unless the item gets reported. Could you really imagine paying people to look at millions of products every day to judge whether or not they think its hand made?

I'm not actually sure how far you can take the "hand made" I mean would you class using a sewing machine as cheating?

Play 05-03-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenohki (Post 767733)
When you consider how many products they must have on that site, I'm not surprised they don't do anything unless the item gets reported. Could you really imagine paying people to look at millions of products every day to judge whether or not they think its hand made?

I'm not actually sure how far you can take the "hand made" I mean would you class using a sewing machine as cheating?

Its hard to judge. Your right.

rsot 05-03-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantomas0405 (Post 767453)
I am already there slowly uploading products
2 days ago i made my first sale so i am getting more excited now
I quite like the site and for sure it has traffic
I just hope they dont close me down though

Hope seems high with you - good luck

slapped 05-03-2016 10:20 AM

Be Careful, The B^tch#s on that site will cut your throat and rat you out in a HEARTBEAT

rsot 05-03-2016 10:33 AM

unkown5454 05-03-2016 02:26 PM

from thailand...you've already got a mark on your account just being from that location. you probably won't last long either way. gonna have to wing it on your own

RosieTosie 05-03-2016 04:49 PM

Agree with all above cannot imagine having tried etsy in the past that you will last long selling no handmade on the platform. I never did it and still never got anywhere with that site.

Play 05-03-2016 05:11 PM

But I think they have a good concept. Giving people who have spare time to make extra bucks, without the overwhelming competition of wholesale/china/imports. Hence a dedicated website for it all.

zenohki 05-04-2016 02:19 AM

I actually adore Et.sy, it is by far my best selling platform and I love that stealth helped me get back on it. It is a completely different customer base, much nicer people to sell to, much easier to manage and items that wouldn't normally sell on eb.ay for buttons you can sell for a good price on Et.sy. But it's really all down to your product and your customer service.

rsot 05-04-2016 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenohki (Post 768029)
I actually adore Et.sy, it is by far my best selling platform and I love that stealth helped me get back on it. It is a completely different customer base, much nicer people to sell to, much easier to manage and items that wouldn't normally sell on eb.ay for buttons you can sell for a good price on Et.sy. But it's really all down to your product and your customer service.

Nice to hear zenohki :thumb:

For business success 05-08-2016 01:36 PM

Etsy is terrible. Because I was also sure other sellers are not selling handmade because they sell same unique print as I do but I was kicked out after 2-3 months. I started to have feedbacks and history but...
I don't know...I may be wrong but feel like there is a racism...white American seems always are good on track.
Etsy may check last name or something?
Never understand. I have good feedback. Customer likes to buy ..
And same pants but other seller still doing and me get out....

iestinor 05-09-2016 08:16 PM

a lot of people are selling non handmade items, stuff they buy from aliexpress and pass it off as their own started to notice when sellers sell the same thing

oompaloompa 05-12-2016 08:55 AM

handmade does not mean that you had to make it...
you can customise it anyway a bit..stick a pink bow on it....(not recommended for mens products though)

Joegrass 08-13-2016 03:28 AM

I lasted about 4 months before they asked for production pictures, which I had acquired from my manufacture, but etsy still wouldn't allow me back on. They didn't believe me. What kills me is there are many people selling the same products, that I know are not hand made, yet they stay on and have been selling for years.

Joegrass 08-13-2016 03:30 AM

Etsy can be amazingly profitable. I went from $200 a month to $5000. Damn I miss it.

Joegrass 08-13-2016 03:34 AM

Also, from what I gather, you can have a manufacture for your etsy products but you have to at least be involved in the design process. I think they have an application process.

zenohki 08-13-2016 03:57 AM

this is something I've never been reported for. I mean my items are hand made but I've seen stories where people take photos of every step of the creation process and Et.sy still turn them away.

I suppose if you are buying from Ali express it is still hand made, just in some massive factory where workers are paid so little. Its a shame Et.sy doesn't really stand for what it advertises, would be a much nicer place if it did.