eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Shop got shut down with 0 infringement (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/97299-shop-got-shut-down-0-infringement.html)

Bubskin 06-18-2016 05:12 AM

Shop got shut down with 0 infringement

My shop was nearly 1 year old when it got shut down with 0 infringement. I was really shock because there was no sign about this at all. I didn't receive any warning email or even a customer complaint. I used to have a shop which got shut down last year because of copyright complaints and then I open this shop a month later.

In the email I got, they told me that I violated one or more of the 3 reasons listed - selling non qualify items, having more than 1 shop without disclosing, open new shop when the previous shop was shut down by Et.sy.

The products were all handmade. I even listed a few production process pictures. I had a few shops at that time selling different kind of products and the other are still opening, so it couldn't be that they linked it with the current shops. I was thinking they must have linked it with my first shop. I just wondering what triggered them to look into it since my first shop was shut down for nearly 1 year ago already.

slokor 06-18-2016 12:59 PM

Re: Shop got shut down with 0 infringement

Looks like you got linked to your old store and whatever caused that link made them have a closer look at the new store.

MM78 06-18-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 780609)
Looks like you got linked to your old store and whatever caused that link made them have a closer look at the new store.

Yeah, sounds about right. You got linked and that prompted them to shut you down instantly.

rsot 06-19-2016 11:13 PM

@Bubskin, how would they have linked it with your first shop? Obvious linking steps?

Bubskin 06-22-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 781017)
@Bubskin, how would they have linked it with your first shop? Obvious linking steps?

I have no idea. It could be the return address. I used the same P.O. Box for return address when customers want to ship the product back. I didn't think they would scanned the conversation with customers. I have been given this address since I just opened the shop. From now on, I will need to send email instead. It might also be photos. I made a website for my first shop which is still active and I used a few photos from the 2nd Et.sy for the new products but I doubt that. I saw a few competitors which got shut down opened new shops using the exact same pictures with different watermark and they are still up until now. I was really careful which is why I was really shock. I used separated computer and internet just for this shop since it was making quite good money. I also took every product pictures new.

newjerseymax 06-22-2016 09:48 AM

Pictures and address.... Either one could have cause link...