Etsy Search Terms - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-04-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Re: Etsy Search Terms

Hahahahaha, Haidukken....ROFL loved it
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2016

I was thinking about opening new topic titled ''extremely low views'', but as this forum purpose is not really about those issues, guess it's better to post here.

I started my shop 2 months ago, and still don't have a sale. I have 15 items with very good photos. I think tags and keywords are good also.
So far, I average about 5 views a day, which is the same as when I started with really bad photos and quickly written tags and titles. Some days it's 10, some days zero, but 5 on average.

I followed almost every step from here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000 View Post
1. More listings equals more views equals more sales
2. Find out optimum number of listings by finding other successful shops in your niche. For my niche I needed to have between 500 to 1000 listings, I had 600 and something listings
3. Use relevant keywords in title, then use same in tags.
4. I have found that using top category keywords and tags is good, especially if they are mixed with long tail keywords. For example : Home decor, Blue accent chair
5. When writing titles, use keyword within a keyword strategy. Example : Home decor, Vintage photo frame. Etsy will pick up "home decor", home decor vintage, vintage photo frame, and photo frame.
6. Vary the positioning of your best keywords within the different titles. If you use "home decor" as a first phrase in one title, use it as second phrase in another title.
7. Create a speadsheet for all of your keywords and use etsygadget to see where you rank for each keyword. If you see you have many "blue photo frame" items, but you do not rank well for this keyword, make sure you place it in first or second place in your title.
8. Find out the best keywords to use by typing search phrases in the Etsy search. You will see etsy give you suggestions. The most powerful keywords, the ones people search for most, are the suggestions at the very top. No brainer, use those if your titles and tags.
Except #1 and #2, and that's because I don't want to rely on quantity, as I constantly see shops with 20 or so items that are selling some. Competitors in my niche are having less than 100 on average, with some having around 30 items in stock, and they're doing very good.
I want to figure how to get more views with what I already have, without just stocking with no real ''tactics''. And it's easier to test and edit listings with fewer items in shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
I've got 17 listings and I'm generating around £1500-2000 a month with my listings.
And there are tons of sellers with same number of items that are doing pretty good. Can't be they all have ultra-unique items with zero competition.
Any advices on what should I improve, besides obvious - adding more listings? I'm thinking of lowering the prices, now they are slightly above average, but item offers more also.

Really tired of seeing little to no action in my shop, not to mention zero sales.

Last edited by Groucho; 11-28-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
And there are tons of sellers with same number of items that are doing pretty good. Can't be they all have ultra-unique items with zero competition.
Any advices on what should I improve, besides obvious - adding more listings? I'm thinking of lowering the prices, now they are slightly above average, but item offers more also.

Really tired of seeing little to no action in my shop, not to mention zero sales.
Going to have to play harder perhaps...
Old 11-28-2016

I can only think of adding more items and lowering prices. And at the end that's what I'm gonna do, but that's kinda ''easy'' way of improving.
I know there is no magic tool or something to make your views/sales go crazy, but I'm completely out of ideas what to do...
Old 11-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 76%

use google shopping to find competitors. find some of the best/most popular sellers and use whatever key terms they're using to show up in Google shopping. stop focusing on Et.sy user base.

play with your titles and key words until you show up on top of a google shopping search
Old 11-29-2016

Longevity: 51%

If your items are almost a direct match for those belonging to another shop that is doing well and selling, could the issue be something like the price? or the types of variations you have?

I love Et.sy because it's a different market to Eb.ay, something that wont sell for a year on eb.ay will sell tones on Et.sy, and at a higher price too, but it also works the other way around. I've had dead items on Et.sy that have been so popular on eb.ay I had to restrict sales.

What I'm saying is, don't fall into the trap of "it will sell, someone will buy it" there is a reason shops in the high street go bust. Et.sy as great a place as it is, is not a guaranteed sale for every item under the sun. You may have to add new or more items.
Old 12-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I can only think of adding more items and lowering prices. And at the end that's what I'm gonna do, but that's kinda ''easy'' way of improving.
I know there is no magic tool or something to make your views/sales go crazy, but I'm completely out of ideas what to do...
I can help, but for that I would need to actually look at your store and see what you are selling and how your listings are structured, to be able to offer advice