Paypal Let you back in w/ real info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 11-13-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Paypal Let you back in w/ real info

Hi All,
I wanted to let you all know about my Paypal experience and how they let you get another account with your real information.
I had a Paypal account yrs ago (2010) and I used it to sell products on Ebay. It didn't last long maybe a few months and my account was limited. I was selling inexpensive items but I was new to selling on Ebay and I guess I did something wrong along the way and when Ebay shut me down, Paypal followed.

So this yr I started a new business that is inc. I wanted to use Paypal for my business but hesitated for a couple months because I knew it would be impossible to do considering my history with them. Then one day I started thinking "What the heck. Why not give it a try?" So I went to Paypal website and applied using all my real information except I also used my business information and put my business in as incorporated. Paypal also asked for my incorporation number on the application and I provided it. After I set everything up I started to use the Paypal right away. I connected it to my business website and got a few sales that day right into the new Paypal account. I was very nervous because I just thought to myself that it was only a matter of time before Paypal shut the account down. They started me out with a $500 limit and then less than 48 hrs later my limit was automatically increased to $2000 then a few days later it went up again to $6000. It just kept going up automatically and I was in shock because the account was still up and running without any problems. I order a Paypal debit mastercard and everything went smooth. One thing I must mention is that I made a lot of money into the account. About $500-$1000 a day. I think that is why they kept raising the limit. Not sure.
However, my point is that Paypal obviously remove our information after some time has passed. How could they not know that I already had an account yrs ago? I knew for sure that eventually they would catch on and limit my account but they didn't. I was beyond shocked and I'm wondering if it's like that for others? Have anyone even tried to get another account with their real info if it's been yrs? If so what was your experience?
One other thing. I do have a new address and phone number now but I used all my real info. Name, ssn etc and it worked fine with no problems. I never heard anyone else say this happened to them. Did I just get lucky? don't know but it's worth the try if you haven't tried.

Last edited by nelly4dust; 11-13-2016 at 04:28 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Paypal Let you back in w/ real info

there is another thread running about this at the moment....that guy asked if it is ok to have same name but all other info different, the consensus is it is ok..........

you cannot use the ssn though obviously, but there are alternatives to that, eg EIN - and if you supply id, it would be different one this time round.

the $1000 per day, every day? It would be better to spread that on a handful of accounts.....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-13-2016 at 05:31 AM.