eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Britain has passed the 'most extreme surveillance law ever passed in a democracy' (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/101188-britain-has-passed-most-extreme-surveillance-law-ever-passed-democracy.html)

aspkin 11-17-2016 03:53 PM

Britain has passed the 'most extreme surveillance law ever passed in a democracy'

The law forces UK internet providers to store browsing histories -- including domains visited -- for one year, in case of police investigations.

Britain has passed the 'most extreme surveillance law ever passed in a democracy' | ZDNet

[...]

The UK has just passed a massive expansion in surveillance powers, which critics have called "terrifying" and "dangerous".

MORE SECURITY NEWS

Hacker group targets Mark Zuckerberg's online accounts -- again
​Clear-cut definition of de-identified data critical in legislation: Pilgrim
Phone firmware maker denies handing text message data to Beijing
​ASX argues medical records are ripe for blockchain
The new law, dubbed the "snoopers' charter", was introduced by then-home secretary Theresa May in 2012, and took two attempts to get passed into law following breakdowns in the previous coalition government.

Four years and a general election later -- May is now prime minister -- the bill was finalized and passed on Wednesday by both parliamentary houses.

[...]

salford90 11-17-2016 04:14 PM

Re: Britain has passed the 'most extreme surveillance law ever passed in a democracy'

interesting article

slokor 11-17-2016 04:53 PM

Re: Britain has passed the 'most extreme surveillance law ever passed in a democracy'

Wonder how soon before an even worse law is passed by the Trump administration...

rsot 11-17-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 812642)
Wonder how soon before an even worse law is passed by the Trump administration...

Yes... "law"...

easy.bake.oven 11-17-2016 09:32 PM

Hip hip hurray - NOT :(

Thanks for the headsup.

1 year is not much depending on what you are up to.

I think its more for those terror idiots that do that super bad stuff and hackers that hack into big companies just for the f of it!

Still annoying though. Even for innocents like me.

Idiots are idiots though.
Get get payg internet from some corner store and let the authorities log whatever ever they want coz nothing is registered to you and your address etc.

So I dont really see the f ing point of the dumb law.
Waste of time and money.
Yes some idiots will get caught but they deserve to as they are using their own home internet!

Proper crooks know the score and dont do dumb things like that.

But what do I know anyway, I am just a basic innocent walking around in this messed up world X

BlackLion 11-21-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 812642)

I'm more concerned with RFID Chips :help:

empirestate 11-21-2016 09:31 AM

The free world is f*cked with Trump administration.

oompaloompa 11-26-2016 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 813407)

Trump has the right sentiments...control who comes in to your country...
a country should be run like a business or it will fail.......

muzzie 11-26-2016 06:43 AM

They won't store it with all the data, only some logs of activity.

rsot 11-26-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 814293)
Trump has the right sentiments...control who comes in to your country...
a country should be run like a business or it will fail.......

Has some truth

JamesNorth101 11-26-2016 09:54 AM

Well off to the USA I move! Not a fan of these new snoop laws being introduced in the UK. Not one bit

sax4 11-28-2016 04:48 AM

VPN companies must be doing a roaring trade, find one in a country that respects internet freedom to some extent, pay by Bitcoin

glacier922 11-28-2016 05:24 AM

^^^

Ironically, that VPN is probably from China, I know of one in Hong Kong that is pretty good.

empirestate 11-28-2016 05:53 AM

Every1 is being watched, this whole world is f*cked. Thanks Snowden for showing us the true color of our government.

easy.bake.oven 11-28-2016 04:41 PM

I run most of my programs like skype, thunderbird and others through AdvOR https://sourceforge.net/projects/advtor/

However, TOR is government funded and some of the major nodes on tor are supposedly owned by government.
Its all just a f'ing mess.

I am glad I got nothing to hide :)

sax4 11-28-2016 05:10 PM

There's no need for anyone to defend themselves when talking about internet privacy by saying they have nothing to hide. We've all got "nothing to hide" , but for instance we would not hand over our email password to someone.

Jackery 11-30-2016 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 813407)

It's amusing when mexicant's complain about Trump

oompaloompa 11-30-2016 05:00 AM

they are looking at the sites visited, they do not read emails....or so we are told.

what annoys me is that the people that pass these laws do not think it through, that the bad guys will dodge it anyway...or maybe they do know, and it is all a cover for something else.....