eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Shipping First Class Flat Envelopes (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/101324-shipping-first-class-flat-envelopes.html)

BlackLion 11-23-2016 06:05 AM

Shipping First Class Flat Envelopes

I've been shipping items immediately within 1 business day after customer pays, and was happy to see that tracking numbers are now included for free directly on receipts. I've been out of the "selling loop" for years. Last time I've sold items usps charged for each item shipped First Class with tracking.

Anyway, I ended up getting too relaxed, and was excited that my shipping cost reduced to $0.95 when I didn't include box, so as I left I realized that only 1 item had tracking number. I returned to usps, and they stated that envelopes without a "bulge" in package doesn't include tracking. This devastated me as now buyers can claim that I've never sent items. To fix this I'm going to resend same items with tracking number.

Now this is my question. When I head out to resend packages should I add small pieces of newspaper to give envelope an bulgy appearance to receive tracking number? Think this'll work? Im only doing this until I fix my printing label issue.

phaz0rz 11-23-2016 07:52 AM

Re: Shipping First Class Flat Envelopes

No, you don't have to do that.

Just tell them you want to send the items as parcels rather than flats. Parcels cost 2x more so they shouldn't have a problem letting you do that.

bluegrass1 11-23-2016 08:14 AM

I had to add the wad of paper to shut them up , said i couldnt send letters with tracking had to be atleast 3/4" thick so i added a wadded up piece of newspaper did the trick and the cheapest shipping this way is 2.60

BlackLion 11-23-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegrass1 (Post 813883)
I had to add the wad of paper to shut them up , said i couldnt send letters with tracking had to be atleast 3/4" thick so i added a wadded up piece of newspaper did the trick and the cheapest shipping this way is 2.60

Wow, this is what i'm going to do this morning. What's insane is how my cost will go from $0.95 to around $2.50 or so, lol.

BlackLion 11-23-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 813879)
No, you don't have to do that.

Just tell them you want to send the items as parcels rather than flats. Parcels cost 2x more so they shouldn't have a problem letting you do that.

My local post office refused to do anything other than Priority. Maybe next time i'll test this method out elsewhere. Our lines are super long during the holidays, so i'd like to avoid having to get back to the end of the line if they refuse to send as parcel mail. I'll be printing labels soon enough, so that i'll never have to deal with them again.

wordman72 11-23-2016 09:14 AM

My local post office explained that if I sent the Manila envelope as a package with a piece of rigid cardboard preventing it from bending easily that it couldn't be sent as a letter as they are machine processed and would thus have to be hand canceled so I would have to mail them via the package rate for $2.60. I mail out 30-75 a day and have never had a problem.

BlackLion 11-23-2016 11:38 AM

I added gift wrapping paper inside of each envelope, and price rose to $2.62 each. I received tracking number as well. :dance:

chicagoIL 12-01-2016 02:10 PM

If you print USPS labels out through paypal, it only requires that the package be 1/4" thick or more to be shipped as parcel. I think your post office doesn't know what they are doing.
I had to fight with my post office because they were telling me that I couldn't use the flat rate priority envelope and put tape on it. What??? I called the post master and he told me they were wrong and he would talk to them. No more problems after he straightened them out.
You might have to call your local post master and have them clarify it for
the people who work there. shakes head

phaz0rz 12-01-2016 04:35 PM

^^Post offices push Priority Mail and that's pretty much universal. It's more profitable for them and the general public doesn't know any better. I watch postal customers get suckered into paying $6.15 to ship an 8oz item almost every time I drop off packages at the PO. The people at the counter make no mention of First Class mail unless the customer specifically asks for it.