eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Ready To Go All Out (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/104722-ready-go-all-out.html)

BlackLion 01-29-2017 05:39 PM

Ready To Go All Out

I have my EIN, and TID that I have yet to enter on pp, but am prepared if requested. I've yet to sell anything on eb, but want to list around 5k worth of items with 0 fb. Do you think I'll be ok since I have everything (documents) in order?

If I receive sales, keyword "if" because i no longer have faith in eb as a reliable source of income, i plan on withdrawing EVERYTHING, so that i can order items from Amazon then ship them out to my customers (i want to inspect first for what i'm selling) once they arrive. I'll be sure to specify how long shipping will actually take.

Do you think this is a good idea, or should I use a merchant account instead?

BigCJ 01-29-2017 06:43 PM

Re: Ready To Go All Out

SPREAD OUT SALES ON MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS...

you will be dropshipping and will have to deal with the holds on the account(s) so that might be a fly in your bacon bag...

rsot 01-30-2017 07:17 AM

@BLOY, if you are dropshipping...and if you can...try to use separate pp accounts for buying from your source to ship to customers and selling

phaz0rz 01-30-2017 12:21 PM

I don't think your volume would be high enough to make using a merchant account a viable option. Banks assess your volume to determine what kind of processing rates they can offer you. Unless you're processing at least a few hundred orders weekly, you'd probably end up paying more using a merchant account than you would with Paypal. Plus you would be missing sales from customers who will only pay with Paypal.

Not to mention the merchant account application process. Does you or your business have any credit? Neither I nor my business has any credit history, so I was denied at the first place I applied. Finally got on at another company with slightly higher rates. Besides checking your credit, whatever bank/company you apply at will want to see examples of your marketing material (a link to an eBay store works), a detailed return/refund policy, statements from your previous processor (or Paypal), your business and personal details, etc, etc. It's a headache.

I would just stick to Paypal for a dropshipping operation. I would also take it easy at first. Listing $5k worth of items on a 0fb account is just asking for trouble.

BlackLion 01-30-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 827312)
I don't think your volume would be high enough to make using a merchant account a viable option. Banks assess your volume to determine what kind of processing rates they can offer you. Unless you're processing at least a few hundred orders weekly, you'd probably end up paying more using a merchant account than you would with Paypal. Plus you would be missing sales from customers who will only pay with Paypal.

Not to mention the merchant account application process. Does you or your business have any credit? Neither I nor my business has any credit history, so I was denied at the first place I applied. Finally got on at another company with slightly higher rates. Besides checking your credit, whatever bank/company you apply at will want to see examples of your marketing material (a link to an eBay store works), a detailed return/refund policy, statements from your previous processor (or Paypal), your business and personal details, etc, etc. It's a headache.

I would just stick to Paypal for a dropshipping operation. I would also take it easy at first. Listing $5k worth of items on a 0fb account is just asking for trouble.

It's ok I gave up before it started. A 9-5 paying 8-$10 per hr would be a better more realistic option.

BlackLion 01-30-2017 12:53 PM

Once upon a time I could list as much as I wanted. I wish it was still the early 2000s.

BigCJ 01-30-2017 01:48 PM

You still can list as much as you want.. You just need multiple accounts to do so.

phaz0rz 01-30-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackLion (Post 827321)
It's ok I gave up before it started. A 9-5 paying 8-$10 per hr would be a better more realistic option.

C'mon man don't be like that. You'll never reach your full potential slaving away all day to make another man rich!

By all means you should start dropshipping, in my opinion at least. The more sources of income you have, the better. I was just advising that you not jump into it too quickly and mess yourself up.