eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Help Please (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/109238-help-please.html)

danshan 07-27-2017 02:59 PM

Help Please

I am starting to sell wholesale crap and I dont want to accept paypal but I need help to ensure the guy who is paying me is the following
A he is in the USA
B he is actually the one depositing into my bank account

they will be making cash only deposits into my bank for the stuff from their own local branch. I do not want to mess with transfers, wires or checks

I tried it a few years ago and I got caught up with too many man in the middle deposits and had issues with Wells Fargo.

I really need any ideas anyone can think of to help me, please.

thanks in advance

danshan 07-27-2017 06:19 PM

Re: Help Please

come on any help would be greatly appreciated

oompaloompa 07-28-2017 03:02 AM

how can you check who deposits? Do not think there is a way...

The part about checking if they are in USA - maybe skype them, hear voice and see location....

maybe a small deposit to start, then check with bank which country or bank the deposit was from etc..

slokor 07-28-2017 03:18 AM

Ever thought about using Bitcoin? Might be the solution for your situation cause what youre describing sounds way too complicated and risky. More so than dealing with paypal to be honest.

danshan 07-28-2017 09:22 AM

they are using man in the middle deposits to deposit. I have to find a way to deter man in the middle deposits.
copy of receipt is useless (all good scammers can print one)
phone call is useless A half the people in the US now have an accent B half the people around the world speak english
IP address means nothing with all the stealth techniques out there
Cell phone number anyone can buy a US chip and have a US phone and number

I need to know the person actually in the bank making the deposit is the one who knows he is paying for me for my merch

rsot 07-29-2017 07:38 AM

Why can't this guy pay via credit card or etransfer to your bank account? danshan I don't get why you are making stuff complicated.

You are not in the US?

danshan 07-29-2017 09:49 AM

because I dont want any reversible method or any method that has a 4% fee. I am selling wholesale and the amounts are large. I am in the US and want him to deposit into my checking account. The issue is I ran into issues in the past, there are lots of scammers out there looking for ways to pay for things with bank deposit. I do not want these scammers sending some innocent schmuck to deposit into my account.
I started with asking for the deposit receipt and have them write something on it like "this deposit is to buy a blue boat" and that does not work, they must print their own receipts and must print their own bank business cards cause I dont think a guy who thinks he is buying a guitar or whatever these scammers are telling them they are depositing for would write the blue boat thing

oompaloompa 07-29-2017 01:20 PM

I thought these were cash deposits?

what 'scammers' want to look for ways to pay for things by bank deposit? they are very unlikely scammers....swap cold hard cash for wholesale goods? reverse laundering....

your issue is that the cash might be from another country and it looks like laundering and your bank does not like it? maybe but your story does not add up....

and I doubt most people with a brain would pay cash and get no protection, what are you selling - something exclusive like unicorn sh1t? Why would someone need to buy from you, the sort of goods they can get elsewhere...is it something they may not want to import themselves??? whats the catch?

danshan 07-29-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 861873)
I thought these were cash deposits?

what 'scammers' want to look for ways to pay for things by bank deposit? they are very unlikely scammers....swap cold hard cash for wholesale goods? reverse laundering....

your issue is that the cash might be from another country and it looks like laundering and your bank does not like it? maybe but your story does not add up....

and I doubt most people with a brain would pay cash and get no protection, what are you selling - something exclusive like unicorn sh1t? Why would someone need to buy from you, the sort of goods they can get elsewhere...is it something they may not want to import themselves??? whats the catch?

google man in the middle cash deposits if you want to learn what I am trying to avoid. And what does what I am selling have to do with anything.

The issue is how do I know the guy making the cash deposit into my bank is the guy sending me the receipt with the writing I want on it. I need to ensure guy sending me the receipt is the same guy who deposited into my account.

oompaloompa 07-29-2017 01:56 PM

you cannot know for sure if a buyer has scammed another person to deposit cash in to your bank.......but cash deposits cannot be reversed...

unless it is virtual goods (is it?) the goods get shipped to an address, that is traceable if it goes wrong anyway....

or maybe take a check....not easily reversible usually and it has purchasers name on it

danshan 07-29-2017 01:58 PM

why do you say you cannot know for sure, why not? there is nothing that I can have the legit buyer do that proves he is the one in the bank?

danshan 07-29-2017 02:01 PM

you must have zero experience with fraud, detectives dont care what you say, you are guilty until proven innocent and the bank will just flat close your account and put you in the chexsystem. I was thinking of a photo of the receipt with the bank building in the background but people dont want to be taking photos in or of a bank and I understand that but there has to be a way

oompaloompa 07-29-2017 02:11 PM

again, if it seems to good to be true, it usually is....

why would anyone deposit irreversible cash and be so trusting...

you are only seeing it from your end and not the bigger picture........

so again, unless you sell some mind-boggling tanglible item, who would deal this way?

any case a scammer wants virtual goods usually...so if you are selling virtuals, you should say so, to get best advice......

danshan 07-29-2017 02:21 PM

yes I am selling virtual goods

danshan 07-29-2017 02:22 PM

I have no idea what the goods I am selling has to do with it or changes the question but, I dont think oompa this is your thing but thanks for the help if anyone else can help me please do

danshan 07-29-2017 02:25 PM

maybe I am making it confusing

I want to know how to know a person depositing cash in my bank account is actually the person making the deposit. any help would be greatly appreciated.

oompaloompa 07-29-2017 02:39 PM

yes well dont say wholesale then, I had to unpick your phoney story as didnt make sense...

of couse what goods are makes a difference, firstly virtual is what the scammers want, which is why you would be targeted in the first place.

ask to see flash of id on skype along with person holding it....

and a phone call on voice/accent does tell you alot re country profile......

or maybe there is some sort of bankers draft/check that can be sent in person by buyer, with a phone call from bank to you at buyers request, when buyer is at the bank to confirm, that id has been shown...

danshan 07-29-2017 03:02 PM

none of those things you suggested prove anything.

I dont think you understand the question and I really truly don't appreciate you calling me phoney.
I am selling wholesale virtual merchandise, I never implied anything phoney and with your knowledge base you should not claim to unpick anything, LOL

and please clarify how a skype video of someone holding a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID and even a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ receipt proves that is the person making the deposit?

"or maybe there is some sort of bankers draft/check that can be sent in person by buyer, with a phone call from bank to you at buyers request, when buyer is at the bank to confirm, that id has been shown"
I have no idea what this even means. and I am not sure how this would prove the person sending me the whatever is the actual person in the bank.

danshan 07-29-2017 03:03 PM

I was thinking maybe a whatsapp location ping from the buyer to me that showed him in the bank, what does anyone think of that idea?

danshan 07-29-2017 03:06 PM

maybe I am making it confusing

I want to know how to know a person depositing cash in my bank account is actually the person making the deposit. any help would be greatly appreciated.

oompaloompa 07-29-2017 03:15 PM

I do understand the question - ok so what is your suggestions...... short of holding their first born hostage

It is not about proof, as you cannot 100% get that long distance, the trick would be to deter most casual scammers, who would not go to the effort of their pic and different name on id, there are easier targets, and you would see the country profile too...

I said your story was phoney, not you.....wholesale implies goods, unless you say otherwise...

and as for my knowledge base, I just do regular stuff and have a nice profit for not much hassle..... sorry it does not include an easily scammable business plan, that might involve the authorities .... but I was one of the only people that bothered to reply

you get bankers drafts, drawn up by bank, they may have different name in USA, they are issued in person at the bank and you can show id as the sender....

danshan 07-29-2017 03:22 PM

I was thinking of some sort of thing that you can only get in the bank in general like a brochure or something, like a get a mortgage application or something and have them send me the photo of the receipt with the writing on it on top of the brochure.