Fighting a Debt Collection Attempt. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Fighting a Debt Collection Attempt.

GoogleCheckout pulled a slick one on me and saing I owe them money because a customer filed a chargeback and never returned my merchandise..I told them i dont owe them anything but they ow eme the merchandise..So anyways now they have some clowns from MBANDW.com sending me letters and emails saying I owe them money...I sent them a debt validation letter and this is what they said:

You are quoting the FDCPA, which is for consumers. This is a commercial merchant account you opened for XXXXXX. You have been made aware of all of your requests by my client Google Check out, and correspondence was sent to your company via email to XXXX@xxxx.com. This is the email address your company requested the information be sent to, including any other additional correspondence. Attached I have included a copy of the terms and conditions your company has agreed to in order to use my clients services. I will also as a courtesy to your company be forwarding the information pertaining to the chargeback(s).

https://checkout.google.com/termsOfService?type=Seller

I know there is some kind of other laws to fight this..They have provided me no proof tha tthe debt is mine.Anyone have any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2009

debt collectors don't do anything
they are all talk
when it comes down to doing anything they don't have the balls
Old 05-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

James, Check with your State's DA Office or Fair Trading to see what your
position is. You need to get a professional opinion on this because of the
fact your personal details are known.
Old 05-20-2009

Longevity: 88%

did u ship it with signature confirmation and if you and did u and the buyer exchange emails and if he stated in the email I got the product or something save it and take it to a lawyer or state office or state police
Old 05-20-2009

Longevity: 86%

I had a collection agency after me for a -300$ paypal balance once back in 2004. A customer took my item (digital currency in an online game) and claimed I never gave it to him. Since it was a digital item i had no tracking number proving I sent it, so pay pal sided with him. I refused to pay and thankfully always empty my account after a sell. They kept calling me and i just kept telling them that they needed to speak with ebay's claims department and made up a lie about me not having to pay them, and after I told them that 3 times the calls stopped. I check my credit report and it hasn't hurt me at all. My advice is to tell them that ebay owes them the money and not you.
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesYaBaoy View Post
GoogleCheckout pulled a slick one on me and saing I owe them money because a customer filed a chargeback and never returned my merchandise..I told them i dont owe them anything but they ow eme the merchandise..So anyways now they have some clowns from MBANDW.com sending me letters and emails saying I owe them money...I sent them a debt validation letter and this is what they said:

You are quoting the FDCPA, which is for consumers. This is a commercial merchant account you opened for XXXXXX. You have been made aware of all of your requests by my client Google Check out, and correspondence was sent to your company via email to XXXX@xxxx.com. This is the email address your company requested the information be sent to, including any other additional correspondence. Attached I have included a copy of the terms and conditions your company has agreed to in order to use my clients services. I will also as a courtesy to your company be forwarding the information pertaining to the chargeback(s).

https://checkout.google.com/termsOfService?type=Seller

I know there is some kind of other laws to fight this..They have provided me no proof tha tthe debt is mine.Anyone have any ideas?
They are correct. The FDCPA does NOT apply to commercial accounts. Or to debt owed to the government.

How much is the balance?
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
debt collectors don't do anything
they are all talk
when it comes down to doing anything they don't have the balls
I would take this advice with a grain of salt. Collection agencies will almost always show up on your CR. There are ways to get it removed. Somewhat easy. But theres roughly a 25% chance it will come back on your CR at some point.
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Naffin thread is OLD. WTF are they being bumped?