eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Need Your Help with this Email (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/11155-need-your-help-email.html)

lasvegas68 05-29-2009 10:12 AM

Need Your Help with this Email

Hi, Everyone
I need your help determining if this email I got sounds like a scam. I applied for a position over the internet and actually it was a job listed on Craigslist. I have done a little research on the person's name and the affiliation he says he is with and found nothing that out right says it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or a scam. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated. :attention:

Hello There,

Thanks for your interests in the PA position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.
I'm XXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX, 45 yrs, originally from London, but I have spent a whole lot here in United State. I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include.
*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitorings.
*Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
*Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away.
*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.

Basic wage is $XXX a week

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially.

I'm currently in the UK now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Hope to hear from you again.

Cheers

GreenBean 05-30-2009 01:15 AM

Job scam. Lyda had a similar one a few weeks ago.http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...on-please.html
Do a google for job scams & craigslist. Your email seems similar to other scams.
besides, lasvegas, if the dude had been in North America for several years he would say he was an Attorney not a lawyer,imo.:pout:

Likley I will merge these threads later after discussion

oompaloompa 05-30-2009 09:49 AM

reply to them and wind them up at your convenience....

I enjoy replying to the Nigerian ones, ask them if have goats and what colour they are etc

lasvegas68 05-31-2009 12:34 AM

thanks so much for your help...he almost had me..i usually am pretty good at spotting these..this one, for me, was questionable..just needed reassurance