Knockout punch for stealth users coming? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 11-04-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Knockout punch for stealth users coming?

So heard and read about the fingerprinting on pcs that might implemented in the future. Is this is something that will be a big blow to the stealth users? Corporations like ebay and amazon have vast amount of resources so they can implement pretty much anything and just wondering what are some hot topics that will effect stealth in the future (im not sure what the proper word of phrase is for the fingerprinting but did read on it and got me thinking about future.

Just like my hacking days of modding xbox consoles so i can play some trainers (cheats), now xbox one has made such a security that you can't even mod that and that's where stealth seems to be going. Just trying to plan ahead for the next big one.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Knockout punch for stealth users coming?

They could have implemented fingerprinting for years and they havnt done so.
It would be a waste of their resources and they know it. There are sofwares out there that can fool the way fingerprinting is done.
If they do decide to go that route a solution will be found. Same as any other obstacle that has been thrown at the stealth community in the past.
Thanks for the dramatic title of the thread though. Nothing like a little fear mongering to get the blood pumping.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-04-2017), Jineric (12-17-2017), rsot (11-04-2017)
Old 11-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Yeah wasn't intended for click bait. Maybe just watched lot of ufc fights in past and just came up. Anyways you mentioned other methods in past came up but their were solutions.. Any big ones in past you can remember?

Corporations can do whatever security they want if they could as mentioned, the xbox modding there were lot of people doing that to get pirated games (for my purpose it was just getting training cheats). I buy my games not that it is relevant but anyways...

But I agree that I don't think many stealth users are out there as usually ebay buyers that get the boot, will usually give up cause it does take extra work to do this and commitment. So guess you are right about ebay not worth doing it as it's maybe small percentage. Plus, generating more sales for them and corporation is all about that.

On side note, besides the fingerprinting is there any major big ones out their?
Old 11-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Just like my hacking days of modding xbox consoles so i can play some trainers (cheats), now xbox one has made such a security that you can't even mod that and that's where stealth seems to be going. Just trying to plan ahead for the next big one.
This is a very different comparison to website stealthing. When you're modifying a Xbox, you're changing firmware for the hardware. Microsoft can detect and patch further modification because their OS can read and write to any device and memory location on your Xbox.

For websites, the amount of information they can collect is strongly limited by your browser, since websites do not run low level code on your computer hardware. Fingerprinting most likely has been done for ages already, but it's possible to spoof them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-04-2017), oompaloompa (11-05-2017)
Old 02-07-2018

Longevity: 74%

If eBay or PayPal wanted to trace from fingerprinting they would have done so years ago and doing so they would trample a lot innocent bystanders everyday trying to eliminate people in stealth.

If they ever went that far to target stealth accounts it would be so easy to get around it simply by using VMware and RDP's.

The knockout punch for stealth accounts is called the Marketplace Fairness Act not many people know or realize what that bill would do. It would force everyone to put there SSN on there account and pay taxes on every sale.

Trump is against the Marketplace fairness act which it why I'm amazed at all you anti Trump people on these forums. When Trump is keeping stealth accounts alive going against that bill and also persuading members of the house and even members of the senate against it also.

There is also a lot of speculation with eBay dropping PayPal completely in 2023.
As of now you can use PayPal through Adyen like I am doing now on Etsy.

If that process were to change that might be the end of Stealth accounts but I doubt eBay, Adyen, and PayPal would not allow that because they would be costing them selves potentially hundreds of millions annually.
Old 05-06-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 39%

dont think it matters