eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Favorite type of music? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/11409-favorite-type-music.html)

highwhey 06-10-2009 12:44 PM

Favorite type of music?

What's everyone's favorite type of music? I'm very open, I like some of the new artist(Kanye, T.I., Lil Wayne), but I'm somewhat young so I'm certain my age has an influence in my preference of music. Anyways, I also like a lot of different Rock(R&R). Beatles, Stones, Mamas and Papas, Jefferson Airplanes, The Who,Pink Floyd, etc. Then we get into the early heavy metal/hard rock which I absolutely adore, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourn, AC/DC, GNR, Ted Nugent, Rob Zombie, Queensryche, etc.

My favorite bands of all time are Iron Maiden and Led Zepplin. Every single day I listen to them, Fear of the Dark or Stairway to Heaven, they're all in my ipod. Jimmy Page's guitar always alleviates the mood for me, it's certainly a good way to get over daily stress.

Anyone want to share their favorite music?

philly387 06-10-2009 01:05 PM

I would have to say my all time favorites are T.I., very inspirational, and Eminem...he has the best flow ever and is hilarious.

Some of my other favorites are Crossfade, Disturbed, DJ Khaled, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Linkin Park, Metallica, Nickelback, and Run DMC!

aking 06-10-2009 01:54 PM

Basically listen to southern hip hop legends like T.I., 8-ball & MJG, UGK, Outkast, etc. They are one of the few artists whose music is actually motivational and talk about stuff you can learn and grow from. They are 100% raw at the same time tho!!

I also love 80s and 90 R&B and 70s soul. Some Jazz, little Rock & Roll. I used to be in a drum line so I basically love anything with a nice beat!

highwhey 06-10-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 90945)
Basically listen to southern hip hop legends like T.I., 8-ball & MJG, UGK, Outkast, etc. They are one of the few artists whose music is actually motivational and talk about stuff you can learn and grow from. They are 100% raw at the same time tho!!

I also love 80s and 90 R&B and 70s soul. Some Jazz, little Rock & Roll. I used to be in a drum line so I basically love anything with a nice beat!

do you like that "chopped and screwed" music?

aking 06-10-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwhey (Post 90946)
do you like that "chopped and screwed" music?

Haha, yea chopped and screwed is cool, but every DJ doesn't know how to chop and screw music right and on beat as it is extremely difficult. It sounds awful whens its done wrong.

But I'm from Florida and where Im at we usually speed music up, not slow it down.

highwhey 06-10-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 90949)
Haha, yea chopped and screwed is cool, but every DJ doesn't know how to chop and screw music right and on beat as it is extremely difficult. It sounds awful whens its done wrong.

But I'm from Florida and where Im at we usually speed music up, not slow it down.

haha

I'm assuming that by the choices of music in this thread, this audience is young.

Vicvelcro 06-10-2009 02:04 PM

I like everything, as long as the fidelity is good and the volume is loud. Classical music is no good, unless I can FEEL it. Same for everything else. I want the drums to thump, the bass to hum, and cymbals to crash. I hate muddy sounding percussion in mass-produced rap or R&B. The well engineered rap and R&B are just peachy by me. Flat or compressed highs just won't cut it, they must be crisp and clear. I don't care what the artist is conveying, as long as they convey it well and with quality. I have to hear the bad ground connection when I listen to a blues guitarist. If I can't hear the texture of their fingerprints as they slide up and down the frets, get it off my rock-box.

GREMLIN 06-10-2009 02:06 PM

I used to love my hip hop and soal when I was younger -not saying that im old now .. lol... still like it now and again - my favourites were Tupac and biggy but I aint listened to that type of music for sometime now.

You might think im a bit sad but recently,well for the past year or so ive been into Cat Stevens

gurusgrafx 06-12-2009 10:11 PM

I'm a big breakbeat & dnb fan. but I still hold true to real hiphop. Currently shuffling tracks from Sham Da God, Sadat X, Stoupe, Gangstarr, 9th wonder, Big L, Ill Bill, Mr. Lif, and some Devin the Dude.

philly387 06-13-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurusgrafx (Post 91240)
I'm a big breakbeat & dnb fan. but I still hold true to real hiphop. Currently shuffling tracks from Sham Da God, Sadat X, Stoupe, Gangstarr, 9th wonder, Big L, Ill Bill, Mr. Lif, and some Devin the Dude.

Who? lol...I have never heard of any single one of them!

Vicvelcro 06-13-2009 01:46 AM

Really?

How about Millions of Dead Cops? Woofing Cookies? Throbbing Gristle? Magnetic Fields? The Toy Dolls?

philly387 06-13-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicvelcro (Post 91264)
Really?

How about Millions of Dead Cops? Woofing Cookies? Throbbing Gristle? Magnetic Fields? The Toy Dolls?

What? Sounds like more of a wish list than names of bands/artists...

NO ID 06-13-2009 06:56 AM

^^^ LOL - I listen to every thing as long as the beat is bumpin, other than that you will only catch me listening to Hip Hop.

gurusgrafx 06-13-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philly387 (Post 91263)
Who? lol...I have never heard of any single one of them!

WOW... you've never even heard of Gangstarr?? They've been my favorite since 89. I'm really liking this new kid Sham right now. I got a hold of his promo a few weeks ago. Hes got some dope freestyles.

Jonas 06-13-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwhey (Post 90920)
I like some of the new artist(Kanye

I like Kayne's song they played on South Park.

JohnnyBoy 06-13-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 91320)
I like Kayne's song they played on South Park.

That whole episode was pretty funny. Have you seen "with apologies to jesse jackson" episode.

philly387 06-14-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy (Post 91344)
That whole episode was pretty funny. Have you seen "with apologies to jesse jackson" episode.

HAHA! That was fricken' hilarious!!! I loved that one and "The Ring" where they had mickey mouse and the jonas brothers

Jonas 09-17-2009 09:09 PM

highwhey those are some good music and imma let you finish, but first, what do you think of all these pics here:

Kanye West LOL Pictures

???

veggiegymrat 09-24-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 104449)
highwhey those are some good music and imma let you finish, but first, what do you think of all these pics here:

Kanye West LOL Pictures

???

LOL he is SUCH a douchebag...