eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Detail-oriented people are the most successful people (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/117603-detail-oriented-people-most-successful-people.html)

H4ck 05-24-2018 02:52 AM

Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
do you guys believe that detail-oriented people are the most successful people? when i mean detail oriented i mean like extremely psychotic organized people.......

like the type of person that literally has an immaculate clean house down to the eyeball or if you use a magnify glass......

and they pay close attention to every single little inch of detail in their lives......

do you have examples of really rich friends that you know of that are like this?

I know people who are rich that are like this, I consider these types of people very very mentally sharp.....like when daniel craig was ordering his drink at the casino table...........in casino royale

MM78 05-24-2018 12:09 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
I'm super organized when it comes to my ebay business......unorganized in life.

yankee 05-24-2018 12:11 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Almost every very wealthy person I know is somewhat messy and lazy. They use OPT and OPM, aka, hire people to do things and use others money.

Now that being said, they expect employees and service members such as accountants, attorneys and managers to be extremely organized.

I would say that extremely organized people make excellent corporate employees.

aspkin 05-24-2018 12:12 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
I'm very organized and detail oriented.. otherwise stuff would not get done. I like being organized though. I find if I have a messy house than mentally I'm distracted. It's why I like to travel a lot; it enables me to get away from distractions (I have ADHD)

aspkin 05-24-2018 12:13 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 921838)
Almost every very wealthy person I know is somewhat messy and lazy. They use OPT and OPM, aka, hire people to do things and use others money.

Now that being said, they expect employees and service members such as accountants, attorneys and managers to be extremely organized.

I would say that extremely organized people make excellent corporate employees.

I like this.. I'm thinking of hiring a manager to replace me. :)

Any takers?

MM78 05-24-2018 12:18 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 921840)
I like this.. I'm thinking of hiring a manager to replace me. :)

Any takers?

$95,000 a year, 100 days of vacation a year, gas card, credit card with $10,000 limit.....I might take the job.

yankee 05-24-2018 12:19 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Of course I am being general but like aspkin said, he needs to be very focused and organized to get things done. Imagine is he did not do most everything himself but found people to do much more than he can himself.

Just thinking out loud here :)

yankee 05-24-2018 12:26 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
I also have to add that extremely detailed people are excellent self employed people. Basically they own their job. Problem is that when they get sick, or take a long vacation or simply dont work themselves, the income stops etc...because they have to do the things themselves.

Compared to people who are just to lazy to do the things they dont want to do and hire someone to do them or multiples of them.

Just like us having multiple accounts selling many more items than one large account. Maybe I am wrong but I doubt it :)

aspkin 05-24-2018 12:30 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 921845)
I also have to add that extremely detailed people are excellent self employed people. Basically they own their job. Problem is that when they get sick, or take a long vacation or simply dont work themselves, the income stops etc...because they have to do the things themselves.

Compared to people who are just to lazy to do the things they dont want to do and hire someone to do them or multiples of them.

Just like us having multiple accounts selling many more items than one large account. Maybe I am wrong but I doubt it :)

I agree.

These days I'm mostly in the management seat. I simply don't have the time to do everything anymore (there is too much to do). It's only possible if I spread out tasks to others. The more I do that the more things get done without me needing to do them. That said managing a dozen other people is becoming a job in itself.. thus needing to hire a dedicated manager soon. :)

This is mostly for IPBurger by the way; we're growing fast.

aspkin 05-24-2018 12:32 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 921841)
$95,000 a year, 100 days of vacation a year, gas card, credit card with $10,000 limit.....I might take the job.

100 days of vacation? Are you ****ting me? Lol.

rsot 05-24-2018 12:36 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 921846)
I agree.

These days I'm mostly in the management seat. I simply don't have the time to do everything anymore (there is too much to do). It's only possible if I spread out tasks to others. The more I do that the more things get done without me needing to do them. That said managing a dozen other people is becoming a job in itself.. thus needing to hire a dedicated manager soon. :)

This is mostly for IPBurger by the way; we're growing fast.

Could be a few ppl in the chatbox needing employment....just saying :)

aspkin 05-24-2018 12:42 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 921851)
Could be a few ppl in the chatbox needing employment....just saying :)

That's the LAST place I would look.. Lol.

dallis 05-24-2018 04:18 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
I think most people who are successful are generalists. Meaning they know a little bit about everything, but not entirely so much about one thing.

You hire experts to do deep dives or detail work.

Creativity and the ability to see opportunities and select the correct people to make those opportunities successful is the most important skill set.

High detail people tend to spend all their time dotting i's and crossing t's, and don't have a lot of time left for visionary conceptualization. The whole 'can't see the forest for the trees' thing. You need to know when a product is 'good enough', few people are willing to pay for perfection.

elmo 05-24-2018 07:02 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 

Play 05-24-2018 07:43 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
There are so many successful people out there, it's hard to answer the question definitively.

I would say each person has their own way of going about things, some might be unorganised, some organised, but ultimately what sets them apart is that they get what needs to get done, done. Right?, whether their messy or tidy...

If I had one word to associate with successful people, it wouldn't be "organised", but rather "creativity" - if that's what you were trying to get at. :)

H4ck 05-24-2018 07:50 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
cant one say that someone who is lets say disorganized, does not pay close attention to detail....

so they lack creativity........

whereas the person who pays incredibly close attention to detail has a great deal of creativity.......?

Play 05-24-2018 08:19 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 921945)
cant one say that someone who is lets say disorganized, does not pay close attention to detail....

so they lack creativity........

whereas the person who pays incredibly close attention to detail has a great deal of creativity.......?

Couldn't disagree more. Those points are completely unrelated.

If someone is disorganised, it may be they are lazy, or don't have the time to do so. It doesn't mean they lack creativity.

Creativity is something of itself. Not many people have it. To be able to think outside the box. Bring ideas into fruition. Perhaps pay others to do it whilst you sit back. But nothing to do with organisation skills.

rsot 05-24-2018 10:24 PM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Great movie choice elmo :thumb:

H4ck 05-25-2018 01:24 AM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 921847)
100 days of vacation? Are you ****ting me? Lol.


that why I am self-employed.........i have taken vacations even longer than 100 days......

the fact that I have to request for vacation days.......and hopefully get approved.......screw that....

MM78 05-25-2018 01:45 AM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 921847)
100 days of vacation? Are you ****ting me? Lol.

Alright, 90 days!

H4ck 05-25-2018 06:36 AM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
yeah it can be technically true to some degree,

actors
athletes
musicians
p0rnstars
p0rn directors

you don't technically have to be OCD clean.....and they can easily make millions and millions of dollars just because of 1 talent.

sax4 05-25-2018 08:04 AM

Re: Detail-oriented people are the most successful people
 
100 days vacation? Sounds like a hard life! , I'm always on holiday ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58