house gremlins twilight zone - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 07-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default house gremlins twilight zone

following on from another thread, I would like to see if this exists at anyones house. Now I know we genuinely loose stuff and find it again, but what about the stuff we dont find that we KNOW where we put but its disappeared and you know you arent going mad..so who/what is laughing at me and taking this stuff, do they live in my attic and come down when Im out? I dont know, my attic is full of spiders so Ive never been...

Main things lost to date and never found;

2 sets of car keys, one favourite huge diamond ring.

Old 07-11-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

It's gremlins. I have them too. In the house and in every car I ever owned. I've actually had things go missing immediately after setting them down. Sometimes things turn up in places they would never ever be under normal circumstances.

Take for instance a watch gone MIA. I took it off, set it on an open counter in a very sparse bathroom. Jumped in for a few minutes, got out. Watch gone. Nobody around to take it. No place for it to hide. A few weeks later, It was found in the freezer on the lower shelf behind a box of toaster wafles - a shelf I never touch and waffles I didn't buy and don't use. Ex-Girlfriend (not ex at the time) says she wasn't playing jokes on me. She was in fact already at work that day before I even woke up...
Old 07-11-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

When I used to live at home I had gremlins galore! It was ridiculous! I would go to sleep one night and then wake up the next morning and something was missing. Those buggers!

Now I hardly have anything gone! It's fun not having to worry about where I put something down and if it would be there the next day. Actually I found out things don't clean their self anymore, that was a bummer but hey at least it'll still be there for the next time I see it!

I recently lost a money order my sister sent me, I have no idea where it went.

You know the one thing you set aside because you're going to need it later.. gone.

Old 07-12-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yes ,its always something important or valuable or your favourite, its like 'they' know. Vic, I too found my car keys in the fridge, 2 minutes before the towtruck was to arrive, I had spent hours on the phone arranging it as I was at someone elses house in another area to mine...that, I put down to my relatives stupidity...
Old 07-12-2009

That's your subliminal mind at work...I can't find my passport anywhere. Not that I am planning any trips right now, but it's been year and half and I can't find it. Its one of those things you know you should put at the safe place but its not there where I always kept it. Sometimes I "hide" things so well I can't find them ..lol.
I also lost things, paper document and such because I must have thrown it in trash by mistake. Cought myself one time while cleaning the house, and not being able to find dust pan and I knew I just used it few minutes ago. Well, I threw it in trash together with whatever I sweapt from the floor.
This stuff happens to me when I am busy a have things on my mind, so I do not really think or register simple tasks I am doing at the moment..
Oompa , the same with finding things you lost in your fridge.. Did that too.
Old 07-12-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

all my teaspoons go in the bin/trash too, with the teabag.

plus any list I make, is not findable when I need it..

Oh dear, after a year and a half, you need a new passport..I bet its in between some filing, you must have pulled it out for some id verification and didnt put it back..

but Im talking about those things you really dont think youve lost, they just disappeared, lost things usually reappear again..and where does one half of the pair of socks go, after theyve been in the wash? the sock dimension.. .
Old 07-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

This only seems to happen when theyre on benzo's. The item is usually lost for good or found months later in the strangest spots.
Old 07-12-2009

Exactly right Oompa....I am still remodeling my place, so I still hope it will turn out somewhere. I just hope it was not stolen or something.