eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   What are the up and coming marketplaces? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/121703-what-up-coming-marketplaces.html)

Aaran 11-15-2018 03:43 PM

What are the up and coming marketplaces?

Etsy, Amazon, and Ebay are the current kings/queens of the marketplace in my opinion.

Etsy for hand crafted goods, Amazon for new goods, and Ebay for 2nd hand goods, however they are doing a marketing push (at least in the UK) about how a high % of goods sold on eBay are new, not used.

Nothing can last forever, and in your opinions what are some upcoming marketplaces it might be worthwhile selling on?

Thetrustedpanda 11-15-2018 08:09 PM

Re: What are the up and coming marketplaces?

Walmart, Costco, Target and Walgreens all are shown on google express results. If you list products on all those platforms then google will help show your results in google searches.

I've applied to walmart 3 times with different accounts and have been denied each time. I think you might need to use an aged business to be approved.

Aaran 11-16-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetrustedpanda (Post 957957)
Walmart, Costco, Target and Walgreens all are shown on google express results. If you list products on all those platforms then google will help show your results in google searches.

I've applied to walmart 3 times with different accounts and have been denied each time. I think you might need to use an aged business to be approved.

Thanks I will take a look into these.

phaz0rz 11-16-2018 09:35 AM

My wife gets sales on Mercari. It's mostly for gently used stuff but she sells new items there without issues. A lot of the buyers are cheapskates, but the app gets good traffic.

I've heard Poshmark is great for luxury items.

Offerup has been growing very rapidly lately. They allow in-person and shipped orders.

Facebook Marketplace has been giving Craigslist a run for their money.

I'm not sure how many of those are available in UK but they're all big in USA currently.

iniciopublic 11-16-2018 03:11 PM

aliexpress

rsot 11-16-2018 09:10 PM

Very cool list phaz - heard decent things for Poshmark as well

serajin 11-21-2018 08:47 PM

I think walmart is going to be a big player, but like someone else said, it's hard to get into

rsot 11-22-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serajin (Post 959335)
I think walmart is going to be a big player, but like someone else said, it's hard to get into

Very tough indeed

Nicoleprice 01-10-2019 04:47 PM

We have plenty of ebay/Amazon competitor markets, but nothing similar to etsy that gets any traffic.

tsukumii 05-07-2019 03:53 PM

Have lost two Poshmark accounts. Have 3 more open currently. On a good month we were pulling $750 per month on posh selling about $35 items. Opened an offerup last month, have sold a few things. Definitely potential for good sales on offerup. Opened a mercari got banned the minute I uploaded. Looking around for additional sales platforms now that Etsy and Ebay are scratched off my list.

walkingupwards 05-07-2019 05:43 PM

No market will challenge Amazon or eBay for at least a decade.

agent006140 05-16-2019 03:45 PM

Take a look at Sears.com.they have retained an Indian outfit to run that site and screen the applicants,the FVF is rather high,like 17 + %,I dont have any software to interface with the site ,so I have to list the items manually and it is not easy.
It is good for hand tools if this is what you have to sell.
They do screen the sellers ,asking for IDs and bank account in the name of your company,not your name and they will ask to see your website,ebay listing,etsy listings etc.
What they really want are the AMZN sellers !
Another site which produces results for me is Jasper2,you can use their site to submit items and after screening them,they will send them to LIVEAUTIONEERS,the bidders come from all over the world,but it is mostly for high end collectibles and antiques,their fee is reasonable,like Ebay.
There is also Bonanza,Ioffer,Ecrater,Facebook,Craigslist.

agent006140 05-30-2019 06:07 PM

bestbuy also have third party sellers.
Rubylane is getting rather stuffy with brick and mortar stores.
Ecrater is free,I get 1-3 sales per year !!!!!!!!!!
Bonanza is free,I get zero sale per year.

agent006140 05-30-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serajin (Post 959335)

WMt just hired a guy from Google,he has a PHD in engineering,worked 15 years at AMZN directing 500 engineers in developing retail sites,5 years with MSFT developing AWS and last job was with Google.
He will start work in July,reporting directly to WMT Ceo/

Would like to know his compensation ?
and what would they do with Jet.com ?
Cant you tell WMT is dead serious,the internet WMT is not AMZN,it is WMT itself !!!!!!!!!!!!

tablain 05-31-2019 12:14 AM

Guys, do you mind to share your input on digital goods market please.

GreenBean 05-31-2019 01:37 AM

Yours first,tablain.

:thumb:

slow 05-31-2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetrustedpanda (Post 957957)

shipstation somehow has a connection to them, they fast tracked my account and got me signed up with walmart

agent006140 07-04-2019 09:22 AM

Realreal just went public,I think they sell high end designer used items,take a look.
The only site which is giving Ebay some competition for used items and collectibles is Etsy,it has spent an awful lot of money with Google .

unkown5454 07-06-2019 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow (Post 1007107)
shipstation somehow has a connection to them, they fast tracked my account and got me signed up with walmart

How long ago was that?

agent006140 07-06-2019 08:01 AM

Overstock.com,used to have auctions.

aspkin 07-06-2019 08:18 AM

I did a quick volume search for the brand names you guys mentioned... this is telling isn't it?

https://i.imgur.com/krzv52s.png

This is current Google search volume.

rsot 07-06-2019 08:36 AM

Nice find bigboss - quite the differential