Game of Thrones - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 04-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Game of Thrones

was not expecting that from Arya.. epic
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2019

Longevity: 54%

Damn you Arya damn you...............
Old 04-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ck View Post
Damn you Arya damn you...............
Not all is what it seems...
Old 05-12-2019

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon View Post
I wish they explored the Night King and the White Walkers more because I truly thought the "Game of Thrones" was really a sidepoint to living vs. dead theme but apparently the writers did a double switch and made THAT a side point. Apparently they don't want to be too much like LOTR and Martin always wanted to explore the "living" rather than good vs. evil. I was a little disappointed that the greatest battle in the history of the GoT universe was decided in one night.
I didn't think the army of the dead would be defeated in 1 battle either the show depicted the white walkers since the first season. I'm sure it was all settled in 1 episode because of high production costs it took 55 days to film that one episode the long night and with all the people they had on screen and with all the CGI it cost a fortune to film it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I thought more would have died also. Peter is dead. He thought he was smarter but it all came back on him. I dont think Arya would have been fooled.
Arya doesn't hold a candle to Petyr Baelish's intelligence and cunning you need to remember little finger was the one that orchestrated all the chaos between all of the families and started the war of the five kings. I personally felt his character was 5 steps ahead of everyone else moving the chess pieces around to benefit himself.

Little Finger knew of the faceless men and was from Braavos with his kin originating in Braavos. He obviously was not liked in Winterfell from his treachery and he knew it with Jon almost strangling him in the crypts, Arya recognizing him as Tywin's cupbearer and he knew it and gave Tywin power from Tyrell's making Rob Stark fail, Sansa for giving her to the Boltons where she was raped and also killing her Aunt Lysa, Brienne for trying to kill her at that tavern afterwards. Everyone wanted him dead from his lies and betrayals and in the scene where Little Finger gave that blonde haired women the coin of Braavos explains everything Arya had one at one time and used it.

I don't understand why someone so smart would be so stupid if Petyr Baelish really is dead and died like he did that was absolutely awful writing in fact worst I've seen and without doubt the worst written scene by far in the entire show. His death was so laughable, he would have never put himself in a risky situation and expect nothing to happen he's way smarter than that.

If he really is dead, then the majority of his dialogue was just absolute useless screen filler and don't understand why they put so many discrete clues and hidden detail around his character.

Quote:
I still think Jaime will be the one that kills Cersi
I think so as well I can see Jamie strangling Cersei and I also think it's very possible that Cersei will blow up Kings Landing or at least trying to because if she can't sit on the Iron Throne no one will. That's what she was going to do to Stannis until Tyrion discovered all that wildfire she had hidden and blew up the Cept of Baelor with no hesitance and being happy she did killing some innocent people.

Quote:
Anyone have any theories at this point how this is going to end or how they would like it to end?
I think if King Landing doesn't get blown up from Cersei it's going to take an insane amount of damage from Dany she will attack Kings Landing and likely lead to a betrayal from Tyrion and Varys or maybe even both of them because they don't want that and have advised her against doing so and both of them possibly getting killed for it. She has no choice now but to attack Kings Landing now that the Night King took half of her Army and technically 2 Dragons with Euron Grey Joy's help. Daenerys might even die herself trying to take the throne.

Last edited by secret storm; 05-13-2019 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2019
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Mega episode!!! Watch the latest one now!!
Old 05-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
But why aspkin?
Old 05-13-2019

I thought for a second their would be a twist to this like the queen in stationary position with her dragon that their would be some hidden crossbow and take down the last dragon and she would die then everything was going to be ok.

but apparently it worked out quite well.......I wanted Daenerys Targaryen to win............she gave the other queen to relent and make peace but she decided to be foolish.....
Old 05-13-2019

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
I just finished watching it and wow I didn't think it would be quite like that. It turns out that Daenerys is as crazy as her dad was they might as well call her the Mad Queen now. I can't believe she turned out to be insane.

Ironically she was known as the breaker of chains for freeing slaves but now she kills innocent people. It might as well had been the Night King that had attacked Kings Landing LoL.

I thought for sure when that Bell started to ring with them talking about it as much as they did and the amount of time they showed it symbolizing it that it would trigger wild fire that was covering the entire city and blow everything up and kill almost everyone in Kings Landing.

I think that Oberyn Martell was probably the best fighter in the show if it wasn't Arthur Dayne. He had the Mountain dead and didn't finish him off when he can take a dagger through the face LoL like that is really possible.

I didn't think that Varys would be ratted out by Tyrion and him being executed right at the start of the episode like that. It turns out that Varys had really served the realm trying to stop Daenerys decimation of Kings Landing.

It also turns out that Jamie & Cersei got Casterly "Rocked'' after so many wanting Cersei to be murdered.

Snickers should sign up Emilia Clarke for their Ads and use the burning of Kings Landing footage and then Kit Harington gives her a Snickers bar with her then flying away into the sunset happy with a smile on her face. Then the narrator of the Snickers commercial says ''You're not you when you're hungry.''

Last edited by secret storm; 05-13-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2019

I was fairly accurate everybody somewhat died except jon, arya, Daenerys, and the dwarf.........
Old 05-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
is this the one with the starbucks coffee cup in view ??

I know we have to suspend disbelief but how are they both flying that high on dragons without getting frozen with the cold up there and hanging on with no harness.
Old 05-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainme...KQI?ocid=ientp
Old 05-13-2019

if tommen baratheon were alive,

he would have just given into peace with Daenerys....and all of those people in the city would have lived with an alliance.

cersei taking the throne was foolish.......she does not use her reason when being in a position of power.
Old 05-13-2019

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Excellent episode. Felt like Saving Private Ryan
Old 05-13-2019

tommen was a much wiser king that cared about his people.........he didn't want to see a drop of blood on the floor or start a war.......he would compromise......

cersei did not give a crap about anybody but herself..........shes like dani only has 1 dragon left all I got to do is shoot down that 1 dragon..........what she doesnt realize is that 1 dragon can kill atleast 1 of her soldiers before dying to a possible crossbow attack.........

cersei was ready and willing to let her entire city burn to ash.......she was not a wise and prudent leader.....she was foolish......and beheading missandei was foolish.....
Old 05-13-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 63%

Another great episode. Now there is only one remaining with rumor of an additional episode the following sunday, more like an interview with characters.

So, here is the big question that we have all waited for:

WHO WILL SIT ON THE IRON THRONE WHEN IT IS ALL DONE?

My vote is going to Jon Snow, but I feel that is too obvious of a choice. And he keeps saying he does not want it.

Dani (and her last dragon) I feel has to die at this point

I use to think Tyrion was a Targareon, but it would kinda be ****ty for them to release this in the very last episode

The internet and Vegas gaming boards I think show Bran as the favorite

Could still be Arya or Sansa, but I am not thinking it will be them
Old 05-13-2019

whats going to happen is that jon snow is going to take the throne.....and peacefully cohabitate with his wife dani and fck like animals while their 1 dragon is watching.
Old 05-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%

My money is on Arya trying to assassinate Dani.
She fails.
She is executed in front of Jon Snow who promptly proceed to relieve Dani of her head.
By default he assumes the throne.
Not liking this season. The fact they turned the mother of dragons and breaker of chains from a benevolent ruler who cares for her people into a maniacal egotistic psychopath who is murdering thousands of innocents just to make people fear her in the span of less than 2 episodes... that's just sloppy writing that George martin wouldn't stand for in his books.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

you guys are ahead, showdown episode about to start here in 2 mins, Monday 13th...

followed by thronecast
Old 05-13-2019
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

They've butchered some of the character arcs. It's been a very poor sesson. So much doesnt make any sense to me.

Arya abandoning her quest for revenge after a few lines from the hound (which has been her ONLY drive all her life) and Danaerys transformation has been very poorly done, I agree with you slokor.
Old 05-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

This episode is now officially the worst reviewed in the history of the show with a tomatometer score of 49% - and only the second rotten scored episode in the show's history.
Old 05-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Just had to pipe in one more time about this...
Didn't Dani lock up her dragons for several months at one point for killing one single child?
Seems like quite a shift in her personality to go bat**** nuts like this.
Old 05-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I have never seen this show