MC999 listing violation for game console i didnt list game console - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-08-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default MC999 listing violation for game console i didnt list game console

I have gotten the stupid MC999 listing removed for saying my item was removed because ebay doesnt allow Due to legal concerns, devices or software that allow you to reproduce, import, or use unauthorized copies of games aren't allowed on eBay. This includes the following items:
- Boot disks
- Game enhancers
- Mod chips
- Modified game systems
- Softmods

Ok 1 Im not even listing a game console. ITs a media streaming box. I do mention in the add that it can play games from the google play store which it can.
WARNING EBAY LINK
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=271412223440
[CODE]
This was my prior listing had this up for a couple months sold many no issues. But i changed the listing this time because there was much confusion on the retro games and how they could be played legally and it became a headache. Not with Ebay but with people asking questions and frankly if people want to they can just go get the games off some torrent or people sell them on other sites. My main point is this is a media box not a gamer but i do mention gaming and that you can retro game because people by the ouya from me for that purpose then they get upset that its not what they wanted. And when i tell them about this box they are like oh thats what i wanted but i didnt know it would play games.

I also removed the line about emulators completley because it was not needed. I had put there there a month ago because i kept getting asked can you get emulators for this box like you can the ouya. And i got tired of saying yes over and over. I had it originally spelled EMU Lators so maybe not to get caught by bots.

This is not a game console its not modded to allow free games or anything like that. The only adding we do is we install the frame skip fix and some adjustments to allow the unit to run smoother. I buy the units from MINIX wholesale so they have no issue i know. ANd most of my customers want a plug and play experience.
This is all legal and i am really confused what the deal is here. I basically use this same listing with some minor changes for my other boxes to fit their description but the main listing is the same no issues there either. They say they want me to call in to talk about it but i cant talk on the phone well due to my disablity. And i always read here NEVER CALL EBAY.

But was hoping someone here could give me an idea of whats going on. It has to be caught by a bot or something but again i dont know what wording would be wrong?

Last edited by ilovemymac; 03-08-2014 at 11:26 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: MC999 listing violation for game console i didnt list game console

You need to clear this up with eB with proper documentation - likely either a bot or a competitor...or perhaps some word-match. eB has the ultimate power of letting you list or not.
Old 03-08-2014
Threadstarter  

What do i do call them? What do you mean proper documentation?
Old 03-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you probably do not need documentation, unless they ask for it, eg. receipt etc. But you probably need to just explain it to them, it may be a word trigger, it might be ok, often times ebay are ok if you explain.

agree never contact ebay true advice, but if you want to relist it, you will have to. If you sell other less bothersome stuff and want to stay under the radar, then just do not contact and do not relist.
Old 03-08-2014
Threadstarter  

This is one of my big sellers and i have a bunch in stock. I have listed on amazon but i sell like 1 a month. Likely because its hard for someone to find it. I was lucky on one item to list it seperate on amazon with a different ASN# but the rest it tells me its already available.
And there is ioffer too but nothing gets me the sales ebay does
Old 03-08-2014
Threadstarter  

what do they ask when you do call in? I mean other then name and maybe DOB? I cant answer a bunch of verification questions for obvious reasons its not mine.