cali or hawaii? - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-04-2019
H4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,064
Thanks: 21
Thanked 158 Times in 118 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default cali or hawaii?

if you had a choice to choose between retiring in hawaii or california for the rest of your life which would you choose? and why?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-04-2019
H4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,064
Thanks: 21
Thanked 158 Times in 118 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

for me personally, it was a hard choice, but I would say california particularly san diego.

reason being, california has some of the best schools in the country.

hawaii is a joke when it comes to their educational system.

the people also are really ignorant.......a lot of them are mentally slow and behind........when I came back to california it was apparent I was around a lot of retards in hawaii.

restaurants and play time......places like los angeles, they have just about every imagination you can think of with the best restaurants along with it.

Hawaii is very limited........if you want to go someplace new you have to fly out........no other choice

while you can just drive to another state from california

also general business wise.........whenever I try to get anything expensive shipped to hawaii nobody will ship the item........I had countless problems just getting items shipped and in a way you can't enjoy buying some of the most ridiculous stuff off the internet without paying some type of outrageous cost for it to ship it to hawaii......

while in california..............that has never been a real issue.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to H4ck For This Useful Post:
Doctor.R (01-05-2019)
  #3  
Old 01-04-2019
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,252
Thanks: 4,561
Thanked 6,964 Times in 6,345 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

California can be pricier to live in....depending on the area chosen.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-05-2019)
  #4  
Old 01-04-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,801
Thanks: 1,542
Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,020 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Neither. Eastern Europe. Sax has told me tons of good things.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (01-04-2019), sax4 (01-04-2019), yankee (01-09-2019)
  #5  
Old 01-04-2019
sax4's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,935
Thanks: 1,461
Thanked 818 Times in 608 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Neither. Eastern Europe. Sax has told me tons of good things.
You pre-empted me there

Many Eastern European countries are an excellent choice

Beautiful women
Mostly very safe
Very cheap
Friendly locals

The question is, is Eastern Europe ready for Jarsky?
__________________
Doers usually don't talk much, and talkers usually don't do much
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sax4 For This Useful Post:
Doctor.R (01-05-2019), phaz0rz (01-04-2019)
  #6  
Old 01-04-2019
just_smile's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,154
Thanks: 751
Thanked 906 Times in 684 Posts
Activity: 48%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (109)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Jarsky strikes me as the type to never leave his house, let alone the country
__________________
NO 21 DAY HOLDS HIGH LIMIT 1000 ITEMS EBAY+PAYPAL ACCOUNTS ENTER MY SHOP
***BUY 3 get 1 FREE on all VERIFIED ACCOUNTS!***
EU LIMITS REMOVED + HIGH FEEDBACK ACCOUNTS IN STOCK!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to just_smile For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (01-04-2019), sax4 (01-04-2019)
  #7  
Old 01-04-2019
just_smile's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,154
Thanks: 751
Thanked 906 Times in 684 Posts
Activity: 48%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (109)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

I've visited Eastern Europe a few times, Its very white and everyone is slim. Girls are naturally pretty as they don't follow the make up and cosmetic trends western girls follow.
__________________
NO 21 DAY HOLDS HIGH LIMIT 1000 ITEMS EBAY+PAYPAL ACCOUNTS ENTER MY SHOP
***BUY 3 get 1 FREE on all VERIFIED ACCOUNTS!***
EU LIMITS REMOVED + HIGH FEEDBACK ACCOUNTS IN STOCK!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to just_smile For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-06-2019), nickopedia (01-05-2019), phaz0rz (01-04-2019)
  #8  
Old 01-04-2019
sax4's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,935
Thanks: 1,461
Thanked 818 Times in 608 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
I've visited Eastern Europe a few times, Its very white and everyone is slim. Girls are naturally pretty as they don't follow the make up and cosmetic trends western girls follow.
Yeah i'm shocked how overweight people are becoming in the UK, it's an epidemic. In many Eastern European countries people tend to eat mostly at home, and are walking miles every day because they don't have the luxury of a car.
__________________
Doers usually don't talk much, and talkers usually don't do much
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sax4 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-06-2019)
  #9  
Old 01-04-2019
xenix's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 737
Thanks: 231
Thanked 122 Times in 70 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (50)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Yeah i'm shocked how overweight people are becoming in the UK, it's an epidemic. In many Eastern European countries people tend to eat mostly at home, and are walking miles every day because they don't have the luxury of a car.
its not only about luxury of car,in russia there is a proverb if you dont have money for food dress very well ,so culturally not accepted for a women to be overweight from 16-35.
__________________
AMAZON SELLER CENTRAL CARDS IN STOCK LIMITED STOCK
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xenix For This Useful Post:
sax4 (01-09-2019)
  #10  
Old 01-04-2019
Kajunrook's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,022
Thanks: 8
Thanked 110 Times in 91 Posts
Activity: 47%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

LOL he is retiring so I don't think school systems means anything to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
for me personally, it was a hard choice, but I would say california particularly san diego.

reason being, california has some of the best schools in the country.

hawaii is a joke when it comes to their educational system.

the people also are really ignorant.......a lot of them are mentally slow and behind........when I came back to california it was apparent I was around a lot of retards in hawaii.

restaurants and play time......places like los angeles, they have just about every imagination you can think of with the best restaurants along with it.

Hawaii is very limited........if you want to go someplace new you have to fly out........no other choice

while you can just drive to another state from california

also general business wise.........whenever I try to get anything expensive shipped to hawaii nobody will ship the item........I had countless problems just getting items shipped and in a way you can't enjoy buying some of the most ridiculous stuff off the internet without paying some type of outrageous cost for it to ship it to hawaii......

while in california..............that has never been a real issue.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-04-2019
H4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,064
Thanks: 21
Thanked 158 Times in 118 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

well, if you ever wanted to take classes to further your intelligence.........

also if you decided to start a family....you want your kids to go to decent schools,

what I kind of hate about Hawaii and California is that if you want a mansion that is completely secluded with lots of land and no neighbors.....it can easily runs 10s of millions of dollars.....

2, 3, 5 million dollar homes have neighbors that is like 10 feet away from your house........

whereas in places like new jersey and Pennsylvania......you can probably bargain with the owner.......cost about a million dollars......

the sad thing is that 9 times out of 10 most people have mortgages.........

the houses that are above 2-3 million only a very small percentage can even get the bank to approve the loan........and the owner I don't believe they are making any real profit.....because the demand is incredibly low.

same for the secluded mansions in pennsylvania....the demand is next to nothing.....so no profit is really made from those mansions......

the plain jane small houses go for a lot in silicon valley because that is where all the jobs are at......and also population density is really high over there......so starting a business and bringing people in is relatively easy......

Last edited by H4ck; 01-04-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to H4ck For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-06-2019)
  #12  
Old 01-04-2019
H4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,064
Thanks: 21
Thanked 158 Times in 118 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

I dont have anything against eastern europe.....its just I question the type of food they have over there.................
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-04-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,147
Thanks: 1,333
Thanked 4,264 Times in 3,333 Posts
Activity: 77%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (346)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Emm, pretty much anything you can get in the U.K., USA etc. Prague is very modern and extremely nice
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-04-2019
Sunspot144's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,403
Thanks: 303
Thanked 261 Times in 212 Posts
Activity: 66%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
well, if you ever wanted to take classes to further your intelligence.........

also if you decided to start a family....you want your kids to go to decent schools,

what I kind of hate about Hawaii and California is that if you want a mansion that is completely secluded with lots of land and no neighbors.....it can easily runs 10s of millions of dollars.....

2, 3, 5 million dollar homes have neighbors that is like 10 feet away from your house........

whereas in places like new jersey and Pennsylvania......you can probably bargain with the owner.......cost about a million dollars......

the sad thing is that 9 times out of 10 most people have mortgages.........

the houses that are above 2-3 million only a very small percentage can even get the bank to approve the loan........and the owner I don't believe they are making any real profit.....because the demand is incredibly low.

same for the secluded mansions in pennsylvania....the demand is next to nothing.....so no profit is really made from those mansions......

the plain jane small houses go for a lot in silicon valley because that is where all the jobs are at......and also population density is really high over there......so starting a business and bringing people in is relatively easy......
Have to love to feeling of seclusion especially surrounded by lots of open land and high skies. Nothing quite like going about yourself at your own pace.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-06-2019)
  #15  
Old 01-05-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 83
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 3%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

If retiring Hawaii. If continuing work Cali
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-05-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,038
Thanks: 539
Thanked 616 Times in 470 Posts
Activity: 60%
Longevity: 21%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Having lived in CA (Bay Area) most of my life, I can tell you there is a heck of a lot more to consider than simply the high housing costs. Taxes are another thing, as well as dealing with crushing traffic is you are in a metro.

Take a look at Southseat Asia, specifically Thailand or Philippines. I've spent a lot of time in both places and love it. Cost of living is far lower compared HI or CA, and the people are a hell of a lot friendlier than in the states.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-05-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,147
Thanks: 1,333
Thanked 4,264 Times in 3,333 Posts
Activity: 77%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (346)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Bali would be my pick of SEA

Thailand is nice other than Bangkok which is fine for a short term but I wouldn’t want to live ther personally
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-05-2019)
  #18  
Old 01-05-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,038
Thanks: 539
Thanked 616 Times in 470 Posts
Activity: 60%
Longevity: 21%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Bali would be my pick of SEA

Thailand is nice other than Bangkok which is fine for a short term but I wouldn’t want to live ther personally
I also agree with Bali, having been there a couple times myself. Always lots to do, but it's being overrun with tourists in recent years, much like Bangkok.

The other thing to consider is how easy (or difficult) it is to get visas for a particular country. Tourist visas in Thailand have become a bit more difficult to get back to back even with visa runs, but it's easier in the Philippines where you can pretty much stay indefinitely without having to leave the country.

I think the OP might just want to stay in the USA. Although you can't beat the climate in those places, the high costs might not be worth it.

If I were the OP, i'd do some intl. travel and explore a bit. The world is a big place...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-06-2019
H4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,064
Thanks: 21
Thanked 158 Times in 118 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

not to be rude,

I am looking for a situation to live in complete luxury.............that means everything and i mean everything is exactly how I want it and the highest quality type of living......

bali sounds like one of those limited dining places again......probably don't trust food handlers.......

no decent schools or let alone fast internet connections.....


please stretch your imagination to the highest level..........of opulence decadence and debauchery.........

Last edited by H4ck; 01-06-2019 at 12:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-06-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,779
Thanks: 2,430
Thanked 271 Times in 224 Posts
Activity: 41%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
not to be rude,

I am looking for a situation to live in complete luxury.............that means everything and i mean everything is exactly how I want it and the highest quality type of living......

bali sounds like one of those limited dining places again......probably don't trust food handlers.......

no decent schools or let alone fast internet connections.....


please stretch your imagination to the highest level..........of opulence decadence and debauchery.........




thisssssssssssssss guyyyyyyyyy


but i agree we dont work hard so we can move to third world countries
NO OFFENSE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
sax4 (01-09-2019)
  #21  
Old 01-06-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,147
Thanks: 1,333
Thanked 4,264 Times in 3,333 Posts
Activity: 77%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (346)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Total luxury? Monoco or Dubai then

No where I have ever been does luxury quite to the scale of Dubai. It’s very western but crime free and spotless with very need catered for

The downside is you won’t be able to afford something totally secluded and it is a very expansive country in certain ways (although fuel is very cheap as are cars)

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-06-2019 at 06:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-13-2019)
  #22  
Old 01-06-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,801
Thanks: 1,542
Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,020 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: cali or hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
not to be rude,

I am looking for a situation to live in complete luxury.............that means everything and i mean everything is exactly how I want it and the highest quality type of living......
Unless you plan to retire as a billionaire neither HI or CA are viable options. The cost of living in both is so high that you'd have to spend millions per year to live luxuriously in either place.

That's why I mentioned Eastern Europe. You could live with all the things Americans consider luxurious for 20% the cost. Plus the people aren't all assholes with something to shove down your throat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-07-2019)
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bank Of Hawaii kryunn PayPal Talk 8 12-29-2011 08:01 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts