eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Collection agency (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/130284-collection-agency.html)

pothos 10-04-2019 02:27 PM

Collection agency

I have some issues with some scammers in US who used chargeback to get free products.

Scammers don't need a gun to rob the bank.
They can just rob the online seller easily nowadays.

Wondering if anyone used any US collection agency and can you please recommend one?

Thanks.

agent006140 10-04-2019 03:27 PM

Re: Collection agency

what is the item and what is the complaint ?

jonyquest 10-04-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pothos (Post 1038690)
I have some issues with some scammers in US who used chargeback to get free products.

Scammers don't need a gun to rob the bank.
They can just rob the online seller easily nowadays.

Wondering if anyone used any US collection agency and can you please recommend one?

Thanks.

Hi, not US but tried EU... They literally wanted 3500 EUR for my case and even I had everything (real ID, signed document, Paypal payments, photos + video) they said it will be hard .. So I said bye bye..

Hope it "helps"

walkingupwards 10-04-2019 04:22 PM

If you're in China, don't use American payment services like PayPal. Sell on Aliababa.

Alibaba won't shutdown your account because of the silly counterfeit claims and will be on your side if a ****ing scammer from the US, Europe or anywhere else is trying to pull a scam on you (provided you shipped your order and have documentation to support yourself).

jonyquest 10-04-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 1038716)
If you're in China, don't use American payment services like PayPal. Sell on Aliababa.

Alibaba won't shutdown your account because of the silly counterfeit claims and will be on your side if a ****ing scammer from the US, Europe or anywhere else is trying to pull a scam on you (provided you shipped your order and have documentation to support yourself).

You "Gott" it :)))

slokor 10-04-2019 05:20 PM

Unless youre talking about a massive amount of money (and I mean 6 digits and up) youll be wasting your time.

nickopedia 10-04-2019 05:29 PM

Slokor is right, unless the sums are really big, it's going to be a waste of time to pursue especially given you are in Canada.

Also, scammers don't follow the law and will be near impossible to track down. How can you even be sure you are dealing with real people? The scammers accounts are likely all using phake or stolen info anyway.

agent006140 10-04-2019 06:04 PM

He did not tell us what is the item,how much and how did he lose the chargeback?
is it not as described or not received or unauthoroised transaction?
How did he accept payment via MP,Paypal or his own merchant account?
if buyer claimed counterfeit,he would be asked to destroy the item instead of returning .
If unauthorised transaction,Paypal has seller protection.
If not received,he should produce tracking ,
if buyer wants to return the item and he refused,cc will assume he does not want his item back.

pothos 10-04-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1038728)
Unless youre talking about a massive amount of money (and I mean 6 digits and up) youll be wasting your time.

No, it is not a massive amount of money because I am not a big seller.

It is on a standalone website that uses Stripe to take payments.
Last time, someone said they didn't receive a product and i provided a fedex tracking and the credit card issuing bank decided in scammer's favor and I had to pay the chargeback fee as well.

I am being robbed!!!

Whoever has a solution please contact me.

pothos 10-04-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1038747)
He did not tell us what is the item,how much and how did he lose the chargeback?
is it not as described or not received or unauthoroised transaction?
How did he accept payment via MP,Paypal or his own merchant account?
if buyer claimed counterfeit,he would be asked to destroy the item instead of returning .
If unauthorised transaction,Paypal has seller protection.
If not received,he should produce tracking ,
if buyer wants to return the item and he refused,cc will assume he does not want his item back.

Not a brand name item and not counterfeit.
This time this scammer told his/her bank that the scammer returned a product and the seller didn't provide a refund.

The fact is that this scammer never returned anything!!

agent006140 10-04-2019 06:35 PM

Unless you have your own merchant account,else using stripe,Paypal ,you dont get to find out what your buyer said to his cc issuer l
Did the Fed Exp tracking show it has been delivered,is it signed for?
Not familar with Stripe,what kind of seller protection do they have to offer?

jonyquest 10-05-2019 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pothos (Post 1038753)
I am being robbed!!!

Probably :) Get over it, play another game :)
And be prepared better - Education! Skills! Experience!

(Sorry for that it hurts)

jonyquest 10-05-2019 11:18 AM

Because you opened up, by your question, my old pains, so here's an example I've experienced.
The worst I've ever experienced.

An example that this struggle (overall these problems) is difficult and cannot be won if the other party denies or wants something completely different. And if you want to find out, you have to get involved and it costs a lot of money. A LOT! And scammers nowadays = LOL.

Check screenshot from my lawyer (very good one).
You cant do a ****.. if you don't want to invest (and I did for one round of court LOL = useless anyway).

Here: https://imgur.com/a/l2AHNjR

Good to know is, that we had contract (one item) signed with lawyers and it was our 2nd business together (found each other on eBay lol).
Contract on 64.000 EUR with 7.000 EUR deposit with DHL shipping signature and money (rest of them) on hold. So 57.000 EUR missing...

Contract (part) here: https://imgur.com/a/0QI9CT9

If you are asking why deposit, it is quite normal for these items - hand checking.
She got item and violaaa never paid.
Having contract is well know in EU countries in US as well. But what I found, she had a company and did this few times in the same time as with me. After that, she sold that company to "homeless" and game is over.

What I want to say in the end. Just forget it... Look at me, it is not worth it.. even I got "robbed" :D And if I imagine fact you're in with PP and eB together versus your "scammer". No, please.. Have a beer today man.

Thats my story of one time bomber eBayer :)))

nickopedia 10-05-2019 02:31 PM

What makes this case more difficult is the OP is in Canada and he shipped the item to the US. There are few options viable options, and those remaining will require a US presence. Even so, you likely have a very weak or no case going after the merchant processor (Stripe). You may just as well blame the carrier.

Sadly, this is the cost of doing business. Consider it a learning experience.

BTW, I don't sell anything over $750 without fully vetting my buyer; doing a public records search on them, and making an actual phone call to the customer. If that fails, I don't ship and cancel the sale.

agent006140 10-05-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pothos (Post 1038755)
Not a brand name item and not counterfeit.
This time this scammer told his/her bank that the scammer returned a product and the seller didn't provide a refund.

The fact is that this scammer never returned anything!!

the problem with a chargeback is that his cc issuer gets to decide the outcome,and you accepting his cc payment via square or paypal do not get to find out what he really told his cc issuer or in your case,ask Square to tell his cc issuer you never authorise the item or if you have,you never receive the item.
if you have your own merchant account,it will fight for you and ask where is the tracking and where did he return the item to?
dont sell anything you cant afford to lose ,

rsot 10-06-2019 09:57 AM

Agent is helping you out porthos so you're in good hands