eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   People don't really care that much about next-day delivery!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/130613-people-dont-really-care-much-about-next-day-delivery.html)

walkingupwards 10-16-2019 02:09 PM

People don't really care that much about next-day delivery!!

I have had some issues lately with the mail company delivering my packages on time (around 500 packs). Only a handful of my customers wrote to me asking when they will get their item.

I have even conducted a small-scale survey by asking family and friends about this... Nobody really cares if their online purchase comes 1 or 2 days later than expected. Most of the people I asked never looked at the delivery time if it wasn't for the reminder they saw when checking out.

This Amazon psychic obsession with next-day delivery and the billions of dollars they spent developing this program was really not that much critical for their success.

The main point of a fulfillment center is that order will definitely be processed, shipped and delivered.

Would you personally pick one particular seller just because their delivery is 1 or 2 days faster? (Supposing you're not buying something you need urgently :comp5:)

agent006140 10-16-2019 02:50 PM

Almost all my orders,if they arrive in 1-4 days,it is fine with me.
if I must have it same or next day,then I go to a physical store.
I cant really think of anything I need which must arrive same or next day,once the lock and key for my mail box which I can only get it online,it would be nice to have it arrived same or next day.

Americans are very spoiled,if you are going to offer same day delivery,low price,free samples,bigger food portion,all you can eat lobster,they will take it and soon it becomes their birth right !
You can see it now on internet,they want it fast,they want it cheap,they want free shipping,they want tracking,once they get them,they go around and brag how smart they are and what a bargain they snatched.
US deficit is now 1 Trillion,start with a 'T',not a typo error

H4ck 10-16-2019 09:52 PM

Re: People don't really care that much about next-day delivery!!

I dont like next day delivery,

I want same day delivery........maybe even within a given hour

hopefully one day we will have instant same day delivery....within 5-10 minutes and have the warehouses everywhere.

agent006140 10-16-2019 11:38 PM

WAREHOUSE every where?
May be rice or flour or tortilla.
I dont like speedy delivery because I dont want anyone to work his ass off and get into accident because I am a self indulgent,spoiled brat

JamesNorth101 10-17-2019 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1041954)
you sure are, what the state would call, 'special'.

I think the official term is distributed

JamesNorth101 10-17-2019 04:44 AM

Dam.... there goes my quick witted remarks.

rsot 10-17-2019 05:54 AM

Hah thanks for the morning chuckle :)

H4ck 10-17-2019 06:23 AM

well, I put in orders at sams club, and it is ready within a few hours just have to pick it up and they put it all in my car same day pickup. I kind of try to stay away from amazon, they sell so many counterfeits everywhere I just don't trust them anymore.

I buy all my cleaning supplies and cases of fiji water at sams club.

It was not uncommon for me to always order whole foods prime now delivery.....it usually gets delivered within 2 hours same day.

agent006140 10-17-2019 08:10 AM

why is your flag IT ,it sounds like you are in good old USA?
Sam's club you have to pay to be a member like Costco.
Grocery is different,if you are ordering fresh produce ,you want it as soon as possible.
Ebay is worse than AMZN,I just bought something from a Chinese seller who shipped from USA,it arrived damage and Ebay wants me to return to CHINA on my dime,so I have to file chargeback instead.

css1 10-17-2019 08:37 AM

No way, people absolutely care about fast shipping. The 'Prime Effect" I like to call it is messing it up big time for the little guys. I sell $5-10 items with free shipping and often if it's not there the next day people start complaining. They don't even ready anymore.

agent006140 10-17-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by css1 (Post 1042022)
No way, people absolutely care about fast shipping. The 'Prime Effect" I like to call it is messing it up big time for the little guys. I sell $5-10 items with free shipping and often if it's not there the next day people start complaining. They don't even ready anymore.

where do you sell?
I have been using USPS first class for 20 years,no one complain unless there is weather problem.
I am still doing it now and same,no complaint ,

agent006140 10-17-2019 02:07 PM

some buyers resell your items,they may have already listed your items elsewhere.
or they are just plain jerks/assholes.
I have cases where the buyer used their cc and payments will soon come due and they need to sell fast
teach them a lesson,block them

agent006140 10-17-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by css1 (Post 1042022)

how can they expect to pay $5 with free shipping and have it same or next day?

Pandoras_box 10-17-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 1041814)
Would you personally pick one particular seller just because their delivery is 1 or 2 days faster? (Supposing you're not buying something you need urgently :comp5:)

Absolutely yes. Sometimes, the item is a penny more expensive.
I can't wait an extra day for delivery of things I don't need, can't afford, that are overpriced and don't work.

agent006140 10-18-2019 08:23 AM

Have some compassion on your fellow seller!
We all work hard for a thin margin,if a seller has good feedback and take longer to ship,longer means not same or next day,I do not mind giving him my business.
If I really need the item so badly,I can go to the store and bring it home myself ,but I live in a big city ,some of you may live in rural area .