eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Digital Nomad? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/134920-digital-nomad.html)

Evofox 04-06-2020 06:19 PM

Digital Nomad?

Hi guys, I know that this is not the right time to do this, but.
Have you ever thought about becoming digital nomads? Or have you ever tried it for some time? I think anyone who has the chance should try it..
It doesn't make sense to me to be able to work from all over the world but to choose to stay in your city without exploring what's around the world,maybe this is only my prospective, what do you guys think about digital nomads?

sax4 04-07-2020 03:51 PM

Re: Digital Nomad?

I have been a digital nomad for 13 years, way before it was cool

There are some on the forum I noticed, but most guys don't think out of the box very much, They're too busy with Netflix, playing video games, and eating doughnuts.

sax4 04-07-2020 03:54 PM

Right now i'm in an Eastern Europen country, everything is ok.

Soon i'm going to move to some farmhouse in nature for at least a month. Hiking, barbeques, chopping logs, shooting guns.

Then when the borders open i'll be on the hunt for Slavic women as usual

Evofox 04-07-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 1083388)
Right now i'm in an Eastern Europen country, everything is ok.

Soon i'm going to move to some farmhouse in nature for at least a month. Hiking, barbeques, chopping logs, shooting guns.

Then when the borders open i'll be on the hunt for Slavic women as usual

I want to try it too once the quarantine is over.
Do you have any advice for me? How to find the best rentals, how to get around etc.
I think I will start with east Europe

JamesNorth101 04-07-2020 06:00 PM

I did it for a year :)

Really enjoyed it but after a year going from country to country a lot of places start to seem the same and living in hotel rooms does get hard. Guess I just missed having my desk and familiar places after a while

rsot 04-08-2020 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evofox (Post 1083415)
Do you have any advice for me? How to find the best rentals, how to get around etc.

sax4 is a master indeed :thumb:

sax4 04-08-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evofox (Post 1083415)

Some cool countries in Eastern Europe, the ones to go to depends very much on your needs.

Some countries are easier than others for finding accommodation, Airbnb works pretty much everywhere, but their prices are obviously inflated so you need to haggle them down

For getting around I user the likes of Uber, walking, metro.

Number 1 is to concentrate on keeping the money rolling in

sax4 04-08-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1083418)

Really enjoyed it but after a year going from country to country a lot of places start to seem the same and living in hotel rooms does get hard. Guess I just missed having my desk and familiar places after a while

Yeah I have spend time in an absurd amount of hotels and rental apartments. Can understand wanting a familiar home environment, can be a lot of problems like the bed isn't comfortable, or patchy wifi etc

Evofox 04-08-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1083418)

When I travel I like to get an apartment with airbnb, i can't work in hotel rooms I don't like it.
Where have you been? In Europe?

Evofox 04-08-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1083527)
Getting the bulk of my income from Amazon FBA has allowed me to travel quite extensively. That said, I do find myself returning to my relatively short list of favourite places, I don't see the point in travelling to places I don't like the look of simply for the sake of it.

You're right, some time you need to go back home for a couple of weeks.

JamesNorth101 04-08-2020 05:22 PM

3 French Cities, 4 in Italy, Cyprus, Spain, Greece and a few of its Islands.

Mainly spent the time in the middle east and SE Asia though for 8 of the 12 months. Out there Grab is a lot better than Uber and you can get suits in hotel rooms for less than a travel lodge in the UK so worked pretty well :)

Evofox 04-08-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 1083553)
Some cool countries in Eastern Europe, the ones to go to depends very much on your needs.

Some countries are easier than others for finding accommodation, Airbnb works pretty much everywhere, but their prices are obviously inflated so you need to haggle them down

For getting around I user the likes of Uber, walking, metro.

Number 1 is to concentrate on keeping the money rolling in

Yes, you're right on the number 1 rule.
I tried to get the sellers on airbnb to give me a good discount and it works with sellers from east Europe but in places like Portugal Spain etc is hard to find a good deal

dan_ebay 04-09-2020 03:01 AM

Tried it for about a year and ended up living in the Philippines. Digital nomad thing isn't for me, end up wasting about 2 days out of every month sorting out hotel/flight bookings,visas,****ty internet etc.

sax4 04-09-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 1083766)
Tried it for about a year and ended up living in the Philippines. Digital nomad thing isn't for me, end up wasting about 2 days out of every month sorting out hotel/flight bookings,visas,****ty internet etc.

Phillipines is one of the few countries In South East Asia I haven't been to, I've always been put off with stories of poor internet, bad food, and general poverty.

Most DM's in Asia go to Thailand, Bali and increasingly Vietnam

sax4 04-09-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1083718)
AIRBNB is terrible,you have to be nice with their lousy room and lousy cooking,and lousy host and hostess.

Cooking? host? hostesses?

I've rented over a hundred places on Airbnb and have never had a host.

Aviatrix 04-09-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 1083856)
Cooking? host? hostesses?

I've rented over a hundred places on Airbnb and have never had a host.

It sounds like "they" have been booking rooms rather than whole properties.

sax4 04-09-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1083862)
I have seen some just renting out a room and make you coffee and flip you pancake.
There is a movie recently I saw on TUBI,a widow tried that,rented room to a young man,fall in love with him,when he wants to leave,kill him,open up his chest and found cash .
Becomes very rich and went on a long vacation.
end of the movie

Yeah I suppose in the West lots of room rentals I suppose

How does a man hide money in his chest? Was he wearing a Bra?

I see that Airbnb is banned now in UK because of China virus

rsot 04-11-2020 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 1083766)

Phillippines would be rough right about now...

Evofox 06-08-2020 05:14 PM

I was thinking of doing it after all this Corona virus thing will be over.
I think I will start with Spain or Portugal and then going to east Europe.
But in every city I want to stay longer not changing city every month

Joe_Joe 06-08-2020 05:27 PM

Just make sure you have enough discipline to get work done and don't hop from accommodation to accommodation too much. That will kill your productivity. Best to stay at least 2/3 months in one place