eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Scamming spike on eBay this easter (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/135213-scamming-spike-ebay-easter.html)

james_112233 04-17-2020 04:28 AM

Scamming spike on eBay this easter

Just been had for the first time in years.

Purchased an item for under £20 on ebay. Received a parcel from hermes that did not have the item.

Checked the sellers account / feedback and because I understand stealth I can now see this was a well established stealth or simply a hijacked account that has been matured for the purpose of ripping people off in a short space of time.

Nobody has left feedback for the items he/she is selling yet but the account has sold hundreds of these items over the past week.

The purpose of this thread is to tell people to open a "RETURN ITEM" case and choose "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED". Do not choose "ITEM NOT RECEIVED" because that bogus tracking number will just automatically get the case closed in the sellers favor.

Do leave negative feedback
Do inform ebay

Any wonder why it is so hard to create new stealth accounts for real sellers just looking to get back to selling ? it will ONLY get more difficult. I bet paypal have been out of pocket in the millions when stealth was much easier back in the day. No wonder they are stealing money off everyone through their acceptable use policy.

Pandoras_box 04-17-2020 04:50 AM

Re: Scamming spike on eBay this easter

It could be a mistake in packing. Just don't write him / her off yet until you see how communication goes.

On the other hand, buyers are taking us to the slaughter this season.
We've had a massive jump in cases of buyers denying receipt of items even though tracking shows otherwise.

There are also a lot of items just not being scanned on delivery by posties as well.

We've had to raise prices to cover for loses and also to slow down sales.

rsot 04-17-2020 04:54 AM

Agree with Pandoras_box - give benefit of doubt for sellers....just a little

panacea 04-17-2020 06:54 AM

I also noticed more buyer claiming 'item not received' this year. although i always refund, ebay has sent me warnings re: too many 'item not received' cases being opened. very frustrating.

phaz0rz 04-17-2020 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panacea (Post 1086132)
I also noticed more buyer claiming 'item not received' this year. although i always refund, ebay has sent me warnings re: too many 'item not received' cases being opened. very frustrating.

Always fight it!!! :peace:

Buyer : hey tracking says delivered but I didn't get it
me: since the tracking number for your order is confirming delivery in the correct area, we kindly ask that you open an "item not received" case here on eBay
Buyer : ok, I'll do that
- next day -
- case has been opened -
me : since the tracking number for your order is confirming delivery in the correct area, we kindly ask that you escalate your case for review by eBay whenever you are given the opportunity to do so
Buyer : ok, I'll do that
- a few days later -
eBay : we received tracking confirming the shipment was delivered so we have closed this case in your favor. The buyer will not be refunded and this will not count against you.

:humble:

DarkR1se 09-24-2020 02:16 AM

They are constantly trying to deceive.

rsot 09-24-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkR1se (Post 1116268)
They are constantly trying to deceive.

Such a hassle but definitely has to be done

agent006140 09-24-2020 08:25 AM

sometimes it could be the carrier,I know Fed EXP Ground driver will leave package outside your house,or throw it in your garage if it is open,USPS postman could deliver to your neighbor mail box,esp if you share a mail station with your neighbors.