Need help with selfies - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 09-05-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default Need help with selfies

Someone I know makes really good creative "library cards" that usually pass for places like paypal. However, there are some other places that ask for a selfie holding the card.

This part is challenging, as he doesn't have matching mug shots with "guy holding a card" in order to photoshop.

Has anyone come across this problem? Even if you have godlike photoshop skills you're going to get the lighting and angle wrong for a "selfie holding document", so it seems like the best way to do it would be to start with a picture of a blank piece of paper.... But where do you get pictures of someone holding a blank sheet of paper or a blank card?

Any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-05-2020

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Need help with selfies

You will find someone on freelancer that will have that service or look around here
The Following User Says Thank You to snarf For This Useful Post:
MathProfessor (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

Yep either freelancer or fiverr can get the job done!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
MathProfessor (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020

Longevity: 23%

I understand what you're saying since most fintech banks and other online services require KYC that involves a selfie but how would photoshopping it work? from my own experience, when they require you to input a selfie, you have to take the selfie right then and there using the camera function in the app. How would having a picture of a guy with a blank piece of paper that you obviously photoshop later work? it would be obvious to whoever reviews it that it's a picture and not a real person, since you're not uploading a selfie, you're taking the selfie right then and there?
Old 09-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf View Post
You will find someone on freelancer that will have that service or look around here
What sort of "job" could I possibly post on freelancer that wouldn't get flagged and removed immediately?

I tried fiverr but mostly I get teenage girls offering selfies, I need people between 35-65 years old...
Old 09-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdetection View Post
I understand what you're saying since most fintech banks and other online services require KYC that involves a selfie but how would photoshopping it work? from my own experience, when they require you to input a selfie, you have to take the selfie right then and there using the camera function in the app. How would having a picture of a guy with a blank piece of paper that you obviously photoshop later work? it would be obvious to whoever reviews it that it's a picture and not a real person, since you're not uploading a selfie, you're taking the selfie right then and there?
It's not for fintech. Technically it's not photoshop, there is a bit of "hollywood" going on, sort of like swapping out greenscreen -- I don't want to talk about the tech publicly... suffice to say the part I'm stuck on is the selfie photo...
Old 03-02-2021
Banned

Longevity: 18%

With the rise of deep⊗⊗⊗⊗ I believe soon we will able to make even videos of those.
Old 07-13-2021

Longevity: 15%

I think their procedure has become very strict in order to mitigate the scams
Old 08-06-2021

Longevity: 15%

Yes, selfies are difficult. An online editor helps me to make a beautiful photo on a smartphone ...
Old 08-06-2021

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liolla View Post
Yes, selfies are difficult. An online editor helps me to make a beautiful photo on a smartphone ...
No, most online banks (at least the serious ones eBay cares about) make a video call in real time where you need to be in front of the phone camera showing your face in a circle holding positions and even moving from left to right. There is an agent doing the video verification with you. The camera and the microphones of the phone must be open all the time, of course. If not doing propertly you will be rejected ...
Old 08-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorcat View Post
No, most online banks (at least the serious ones eBay cares about) make a video call in real time where you need to be in front of the phone camera showing your face in a circle holding positions and even moving from left to right. There is an agent doing the video verification with you. The camera and the microphones of the phone must be open all the time, of course. If not doing propertly you will be rejected ...
Valid point - they are hard on this